Edguy & Avantasia Forums

LOVE TYGER - OFFICIAL VIDEO CLIP

Countdown to the release of Edguy's newest album
Space Police - Defenders of the Crown - Out April 18th!

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Carynara » 11 Apr 2014 06:29

Rossobianco wrote: I don't really like the last 3 Avantasia .... albums.

:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

How is that possible? :eek I tend to cherry pick my favourites, there are some tracks on each album that I listen to daily, and others I simply erase from my playlists. But to not like Mystery of Time? That's just incomprehensible for me :)
I think Tobi's work ranges on a very wide scale, from "meh" to the best metal epics known to mankind :) There certainly are some dispensable tracks throughout, but as long as there are stuff like Saviour, Vain Glory, Mysteria, and the entire Opera in the pool, I thnk I'm gonna keep buying his albums and show tickets :cheer

Rossobianco wrote: Maybe it's because Tobi changed his singing style

I think it's actually quite fascinating how he changes his vocal techniques through the years. Sometimes he sings almost like Bruce, and then there's Hymn, and pretty boy tracks like Sleepwalking... As much as I hate the latter, this huge vocal variety is very impressive! Can you give some examples of what you like the least on MoT?
Carynara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 11 Apr 2014 06:41

Rossobianco, you are entitled to your opinion :)

Im not judging this on ANY previous Edguy album as they all sound different to me....AOTJ is nothing like Rocket Ride which is nothing like Vain Glory Opera. I like different albums for different reasons. Each album has a song that I love and flog to death and each one has a song that I think "meh" and skip past.

My fave band for many years is Iron Maiden and I think the same thing with each of their albums as well.

A film clip wont make me hate a song....especially if ive already heard the song and liked it. This film clip reminds me of D.A.D and their song Sleeping My Day Away....however on a cheaper budget! :lol:
But thats all right....I dont care for a flash video clip, I just wanna hear music I like :)
2013 Avantasia Tour:- 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Japan
2014 Edguy:- Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby CroAvantasia » 11 Apr 2014 08:33

Animation could be done better, looks like someone left it unfinished. However it's not ruining the experience for me and love the reference to Tobi's fall from stage :D

Hoping for another, real music video nevertheless.

I agree to a certain point. I do love them but it's the production. Lyrics and themes are amazing as usual, but drums sound nowhere near as good as in the first releases (pedal and snare buried in the mix, and guitars are way more crunchier and do not sound as "glorious" and clear as in the first albums - for example: open a media player and play Saviour in the Clockwork from 1:05 onwards, then play Shelter From The Rain intro, you'll notice dramatic difference). Same goes for Edguy from Ministry of Saints onwards. I still love all the albums but the sound quality is bothering me.

However, Defenders of the Crowd sound solid from what I've heard from samples.
http://www.youtube.com/user/CR0M3T4LZ0N3 - main
http://www.youtube.com/user/CroAvantasia - backup

EDGUY Tour 2014 - See you in Munich, Tobi! :D
CroAvantasia
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby flownaway » 11 Apr 2014 09:29

I like it! It's fresh and funny and it's made for fans - I mean you get more laugh out of it if you know the band's history and stuff, like Tobi's broken nose or Eggi's tongue :D
flownaway
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Harmon » 11 Apr 2014 11:38

Rossobianco wrote:Well, there was some overacting ;) of course i won't cancel the preorder. The problem is that i've been listening to the band for about 15 years. And there has always been some constant developement. I had absolutely no prblem with Lavatory love Machine:) i like this song! But something happend after Tinnitus sanctus. It's either me getting older and grouchy, or i just don't know. I don't really like the last 3 Avantasia and this 1,5 Edguy albums. Maybe it's because Tobi changed his singing style or the approach to music writing. But nevermind :) in every crowd there's always an asshole that always complains and never likes anything :)) ta-da! Like Andre Matos sung : and now here I am, open arms! :D

Glad to hear you aren't canceling that pre-order. ;) Hey, like I said, we're all entitled to our opinions, and I'm hoping you'll find more material on the new album (SP-DOTC) that you can enjoy... at least moreso than the last few. Listen with an open mind, and I'm thinking you're going to find something. 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Harmon » 11 Apr 2014 11:40

flownaway wrote:I like it! It's fresh and funny and it's made for fans - I mean you get more laugh out of it if you know the band's history and stuff, like Tobi's broken nose or Eggi's tongue :D

Great point, and that's what I enjoyed most about it as well. :) It's rare to see a band go out of their way to please the fans in this manner, and those subtle inside jokes were just icing on the cake. I really appreciated it! :T
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Pedrazo » 11 Apr 2014 12:06

FALLEN ANGELS wrote:I Don't Like So Much The Video... :(
Yeah, The Idea Is Good And Funny, But I Think The Result Is Not So Good.
It Could Have Been Made Very Better For Me...

It's A Pity, Because The Song Could Be A Giant Hit, But This Video Will Not Help Very Much.
:x

And It Reminds Me To This Video By The Darkness:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhgNW-l2Ys

Totally agree ! They missed a chance here...They should have done a real video with a real Tiger, girls, glam clothes and stuff like that...
I didnt expect this kind of video.
The cartoon-style looks fan made to be honest...Tobi is not even singing...

The song kicks ass though...The best single since LLM to me.
Pedrazo
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby hugoelendili » 11 Apr 2014 12:50

the video is amazing. Although Sabre & Torch don't like to much at the first time, but love tyger is perfect, lavatory love machine style, Here I Am Style, Superheroes Style...come on, all of the classics elements are there! My five year old daughter, can not stop listening ... now when today she see the new video ... :woohoo:
I can not wait for the new álbum!
Tell Me Why All The Clowns Have Gone!
hugoelendili
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Son of Asa Lande » 11 Apr 2014 22:11

I think Dokken's "Back for the Attack" found the B-Side it's been searching for since 1986. This Sucks...the song and the video.
Son of Asa Lande
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Harmon » 11 Apr 2014 23:26

Son of Asa Lande wrote:I think Dokken's "Back for the Attack" found the B-Side it's been searching for since 1986. This Sucks...the song and the video.

Wow... thanks for the 1 post contribution. Haters gonna hate I guess. :T
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Son of Asa Lande » 12 Apr 2014 00:21

Wow... thanks for the 1 post contribution. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Sorry if I touched a nerve there, and for having an opinion that's different from yours. I was just giving my take on the song after a couple quick listens/views. Maybe I did jump the gun, and to be fair, 'Sabre & Torch' is a pretty decent song, though hardly anything "heavy." I just don't dig this newer, commercialized sound they have been going for lately. It's too poppy for my tastes. For a comparison, the new Winger song "Tin Soldier" is a heavier, catchier, and, much better take on the same style of rock. Granted, the lyrics are just as dumb though...

As far as my "1 post," it's because I very, very rarely feel the need to comment on things. I read other comments and allow each person their own opinion because, well, they're entitled to it. Check the join date; I signed up for the forum over 2 years ago and never posted a goddamn thing until now. The only reason I did so now was because it kills me to see a band I held in such high regard only a few years ago, keep getting, in my OPINION, worse and worse. If that makes me a "hater," then so be it.

I will listen to the album, in its entirety, before declaring my distaste for it. This song just doesn't move me in the slightest.
Son of Asa Lande
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Harmon » 12 Apr 2014 01:21

Son of Asa Lande wrote:
Wow... thanks for the 1 post contribution. Haters gonna hate I guess.

Sorry if I touched a nerve there, and for having an opinion that's different from yours. I was just giving my take on the song after a couple quick listens/views. Maybe I did jump the gun, and to be fair, 'Sabre & Torch' is a pretty decent song, though hardly anything "heavy." I just don't dig this newer, commercialized sound they have been going for lately. It's too poppy for my tastes. For a comparison, the new Winger song "Tin Soldier" is a heavier, catchier, and, much better take on the same style of rock. Granted, the lyrics are just as dumb though...

As far as my "1 post," it's because I very, very rarely feel the need to comment on things. I read other comments and allow each person their own opinion because, well, they're entitled to it. Check the join date; I signed up for the forum over 2 years ago and never posted a goddamn thing until now. The only reason I did so now was because it kills me to see a band I held in such high regard only a few years ago, keep getting, in my OPINION, worse and worse. If that makes me a "hater," then so be it.

I will listen to the album, in its entirety, before declaring my distaste for it. This song just doesn't move me in the slightest.

Yeah, I understand everyone has an opinion, and you are certainly welcome to yours, but that type of post you initially made is as predictable as the sun coming up in the morning... not exactly revolutionary to say the least. Unfortunately, it's that very SPACE POLICE type of attitude that has just gotten old, and I just don't have much tolerance for it anymore.

I DO appreciate the passion and explanation in your second post, but it seems to me that you've already declared your "distaste" for the album before even hearing it - you said so yourself. So, what's the real point in trying to have a meaningful discussion if you've already made your mind up before even giving it a listen? Doesn't make much sense to me... how frustrating. 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Hard Rocker » 12 Apr 2014 11:48

To be honest I don't like the video clip at all :lol: I mean, I found some parts funny but I don't like that cartoony style... But obviously the video clip doesn't change my opinion of the song... :T
19.12.10 - AVANTASIA: You bring us fantasy ||14.10.11 - EDGUY: In our lives you're 10 out of 10 || 31.05.13 - AVANTASIA's first show in Spain
How could I know that I'll get lost in Spain to roam forever?... :P
Hard Rocker
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Larissa » 12 Apr 2014 12:19

I watched the video clip yesterday evening for the first time and did not like it at all. No idea what I expected. Apparently something different. Because the best thing I could say about it afterwards was that it did not distract me from the music.
I have to admit I was really tired and exhausted from a bad day at work.

After a good nights sleep, I gave it another try just now (everybody deserves a second chance) and this time it made me smile. Both the music and the video. The clip fits the vibe of the song and I like the whole 80s style. The drawings are a little crude but ... it's cute.
I know what a bad bad word cute is, but I am using it anyway :D .

Did Tobi really break his nose on stage?
Sperimus Meliora - Resurcet Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Larissa » 12 Apr 2014 12:27

Forget the question on the broken nose.
Was already answer earlier.

Must pay more attention to other posts ... :lol:
Sperimus Meliora - Resurcet Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Thierry » 12 Apr 2014 13:05

Finally watched the video... won't say I don't like it, but I can't help thinking about what Daft Punk's videos looked like ages ago, as they worked with Leiji Matsumoto... (Captain Harlock, Galaxy Express 999 ... ) :purplex:

I quite like the "storyline" (which is rather simple, I admit, but fits well a music video), I would have like it to receive a better treatment. I couldn't recognize Jens or Felix whereas Tobi, Eggi and Dirk were really well-made IMO.

And concerning the song itself, quite surprisingly regarding my music taste, I really like it and I think I liked it at first hearing, which is, as I said, surprising as I don't really like glam hard as such. Probably because "Love Tyger" has this special Edguy-something in it :)
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Promised Land » 12 Apr 2014 18:15

Carynara wrote:

How is that possible? :eek I tend to cherry pick my favourites, there are some tracks on each album that I listen to daily, and others I simply erase from my playlists. But to not like Mystery of Time? That's just incomprehensible for me :)

Rossobianco hasn't liked anything Edguy or Avantasia has released since he joined the forum. The complaints are the norm for him. :)
"Thierry" is French for "Buys lots of pandora bracelets using cheap wow gold"..

Time won't wait for those who stay behind to wait for time..
Promised Land
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby GreatWhiteBrow » 12 Apr 2014 19:04

I'll be honest. I'm not really sold by the video but the song itself is still awesome. To me, the video looks like a student's attempt at a Flash animation. I look froward to more videos though. Lavatory Love Machine and Robin Hood are still my favorites.
Our life is a chamber of tears, fear, and hate.
GreatWhiteBrow
SavageApprentice
SavageApprentice

Postby Rossobianco » 13 Apr 2014 07:22

Promised Land wrote:
Carynara wrote:

Rossobianco hasn't liked anything Edguy or Avantasia has released since he joined the forum. The complaints are the norm for him. :)

I`m just not a die-hard Sammet fan. And I`m not a fanboy who`s gonna eat everything that comes out under the label "Edguy/Avantasia".
If I`m annoying just tell me. I won`t post anything.
Woher soll ich wissen was ich denke, bevor ich höre was ich sage? o_O
My band`s official web-page
Rossobianco
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby ThimGrim » 13 Apr 2014 07:40

"Relax, take it easy
For there is nothing that we can do
Relax, take it easy
Blame it on me or blame it on you"

Edguy - Relax, from Edguytasia album
WWW.EDGUY.NSTREFA.PL