Edguy & Avantasia Forums

hey from the UK !!!

Recently registered? Introduce yourself to the forum's Savages here.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby power-metal fanatic » 19 Jan 2014 01:14

name: Melissa

How I started listening to metal:
Basically since I was born. There is still videos of me when I was a baby with whitesnake playing in the background. My father would always play heavy metal IN the car and I would always sing alongTto stuff like whitesnake, rainbow, wasp , dio pretty much everything you can think of. I am eternally grateful for being introduced to the best genre of music there is.

How I got Into Edguy:

I remember watching a video on youtube called the 100 greatest power metal songs of all time and it had the Sacrifice track off the Rocket Ride album and I was just blown away. I bought the album straight away and have never looked back. They have become one of my favourite bands... possibly THE favourite =]. Then I managed to get into avantasia. Was so impressed with the quality of the lyrics and the arrangements of the songs. And the fact that Michael kiske and Bob cartley also sing on the albums is an added bonus.

Other bands:

I do like a range of music,

AOR: Asia, Survivor etc.

Power metal : It all started with keeper of the seven keys Helloween. Then stratovarius, Blind guardian etc.

Prog : Queensryche, Dream theatre, Rush.

Classic heavy metal: Judas Priest, Scorpions, AC/DC.

OH and then who could forget MANOWAR !!! Whenever you are feeling life gets to much you just listen to WARRIORS OF THE WORLD and you know you can accomplish anything.

Other facts:

I keep a book with all the tickets from all the concerts I have been to. so far I have 35 over a span of 6 years. Not too shabby. Only got into Edguy and Avantasia a year ago so haven't seen them in concert yet. Hopefully Edguy will come to the UK and tour after the album launch.

Oh and at the minute I am doing a degree in mathematical physics but if I could would love to be the greatest guitarist of all time lol =]
and preferably not be british, probably German as you guys get such great concerts and would love to go to WACKEN.

Think ive said enough, if u wanna know anything else just ask. ROCK ON !!! x
power-metal fanatic
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Thierry » 19 Jan 2014 12:32

Welcome on board(s)! :) Nice introduction!

What was you first gig, then, and how old were you? :) (I'm doing the same thing, keeping all my tickets in a photobook 8) )
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby power-metal fanatic » 19 Jan 2014 18:32

My first gig was the black crusade tour with machine head as headliners then dragon-force, arch enemy and shadow fall as support. I was 13. I remember walking up the stairs to my seat and I saw everyone on the floor in a huge mosh pit and I just remember thinking wow, this is incredible. One of the greatest nights of my life. Oh yh and that was also the first time I got into headbanging. I remember my neck was so sore the next morning lol. =]
power-metal fanatic
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Thierry » 19 Jan 2014 19:07

I bet!!! Such a great schedule!
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Aywen » 20 Jan 2014 20:04

Welcome and have fun around here!!
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Melissa » 04 Feb 2014 18:45

Another Melissa! What a lovely name you have ;P

Welcome!!
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Return to Savage Introductions!

• View new posts