Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Hi everyone

Recently registered? Introduce yourself to the forum's Savages here.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Jarhara » 20 Jun 2016 16:58

Hello everyone,
my name is Jarhara,
I am a Cosplayer and “Propsmith” and I recently converted to “Sammetism”

now, the story behind that is kind of embarrassing but I need to get it out... some years ago, I got the Soundtrack for the movie “in the Name of the King”. (Pleas don't google it, it's a god-awful movie but with a nice soundtrack....) By far my favorite song on it was “Lost in Space” by Avantasia. I loved this song so much, but stupid as I was back then it never occurred to me that this Band might have some more song that I might like. I watched the music video, hated it and never thought about Avantasia again.
Until the Eurovision came up, or rather the German qualification round.... When I read over the list of acts and found a familiar name I decided to watch it this one time... and I was blown away.
In the following months I got myself most of their albums and by now I have annoyed all my friends to death with all my talking about the stories^^

I have come here, to this forum hoping to find someone I can talk to, who shares my “obsession”

As I mentioned before, I do a lot of Cosplay stuff and like to modifie toy-guns. other Bands I like are: Lordi (Monsters playing Hard Rock), Tri State Corner (Rock/Metal with Buzuki), Rise Against (Punk-Rock), Saltatio Mortis (German Medieval-Rock), Krypteria (sounds exactly like “Smyphony of Life”), Nightwish (Operatic Metal), Tarja (even more Operatic Metal) and Meat Loaf ( you should know him...)

I think that's about it,
I have already posted a “special” picture of me under the pictures-topic^^
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 21 Jun 2016 14:25

Hey, welcome! Nice to see a new face. Have fun over here! :)
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Larissa » 22 Jun 2016 10:38

Welcome again, Jarhara!

I like the word "Sammetism".
Tobi is now officially a religion :lol:
And one of the better ones I would say ...

now, the story behind that is kind of embarrassing but I need to get it out...

Oh, I can do better!
I saw Tobi for the very first time with Edguy in Fulda in 2000. He was already pretty full of himself on stage and talked even more rubbish than usual. I met him backstage after the gig, thought he behaved like a pompous jerk and ignored him and his music for the next thirteen years. One of my girlfriends finally wore me down and convinced me to check out Avantasia.
Now I am a huge Edguy and Avantasia fan.
Boy, do I still feel stupid :D .

It is great that you noticed Avantasia again because of the preliminaries for the ESC. Nothing embarassing about that.
It's exactly what Tobi had hoped for : more people to be made aware they are out there and playing awesome music :) .
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Jarhara » 22 Jun 2016 14:04

Larissa wrote:Welcome again, Jarhara!
He was already pretty full of himself on stage and talked even more rubbish than usual. I met him backstage after the gig, thought he behaved like a pompous jerk .

that was kinda the impression i got from the "Lost in Space" music video

now i think he's funny and he's derping around a lot ^^
i listen to his radioshow every week and he spents a lot of time acting like a little fanboy himselfe. That's one of the tinges i like the moste about his radioshow, that he's always like "i love them so much, i might know them in person, but i am still a huge fan"

and, well the emberressing part was that i forgot about Avantasia despite "Lost in Space" beeing one of my favourit song at that time.

Oh, and thank you all for welcoming me in your forum^^
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Larissa » 22 Jun 2016 15:02

now i think he's funny and he's derping around a lot ^^
i listen to his radioshow every week and he spents a lot of time acting like a little fanboy himselfe.

He seems so different from the person I met 16 years ago, I sometimes wonder if I was on drugs back then and imagined everything :) . Time changes people and from what I can tell he became a very decent, funny, caring and loveable guy.

I don't have time to listen to his show most weeks, but when I do, I have the same impression you get about him being a little fanboy who loves music and is grateful and amazed he has a chance to work with all his big heroes :) .

Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Jarhara » 22 Jun 2016 17:00

Larissa wrote:
I don't have time to listen to his show most weeks.

i know that problem, that's why i usualy record the show using a web service. I have some of the recordings up for download if you are interested
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Jarhara » 29 Jun 2016 04:17

Larissa wrote:I like the word "Sammetism".
Tobi is now officially a religion :lol:
And one of the better ones I would say ...

After thinking about it for i a while, i realized , that "Sammetism" also sounds a bit like a mental condition....
But i think that all fandoms are part religon and part mental condition ^^
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Larissa » 30 Jun 2016 10:18

i know that problem, that's why i usualy record the show using a web service. I have some of the recordings up for download if you are interested

Yes, I am :) .
I tried to record some of the broadcasts on my laptop, but the programm is not stable and has a tendecy to crash when my laptop switches into stand-by mode. I would have to watch the damn thing the whole time and that's not really convenient.
So I would like to at least try one of your recordings.

After thinking about it for i a while, i realized , that "Sammetism" also sounds a bit like a mental condition....

It does indeed :lol: .
At the same time, it sounds very " Zen " .
I can see myself lying on a comfy couch in a dark room, listening to the music and going "Ommmmmm" .

Now there' s an idea ...

Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Jarhara » 30 Jun 2016 14:41

Larissa wrote:Yes, I am :) .
I tried to record some of the broadcasts on my laptop, but the programm is not stable and has a tendecy to crash when my laptop switches into stand-by mode. I would have to watch the damn thing the whole time and that's not really convenient.
So I would like to at least try one of your recordings..

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ogj2atqeniytm/TSRS
knock yourselfe out ^^

i have to record in two parts becaus teh web service only allows 2 hour recordings, and since i already have to match up both halfs i usualy take the time to cut out the news and commercials.
So, if the start or ending of a song sound a little cut-off, thats where something like this used to be

and speaking of "Sammetistic Rituals".... Christians go to chruch on sunday, Sammetists listen to the radio on wendsday ^^
and both end with the sound of bells (RadioBob is playing a bell sound at midnight)
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Larissa » 04 Jul 2016 11:57

Awesome!

Thanks a lot :hug .

Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Return to Savage Introductions!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts