Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Hi there!

Recently registered? Introduce yourself to the forum's Savages here.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby vedrividia » 13 Jun 2017 10:07

Hello everyone, I'm pretty new here so this is an introduction post ^^

Name: Hannah

Birthday: 4th of July

Residence: Germany

How Did I Start Listening To Metal? I was watching TV with my dad and suddenly he got a call from a friend telling him to switch channels. He did and we proceeded in watching the livestream from Rock am Ring 2014, Iron Maiden's concert to be exact. A couple days later my dad gave me two of his Metal CDs and from then I went on exploring the genre myself.

I Like...
- Food: Pizza, Chili sin carne, Pasta with selfmade sauces
- Drink: Tea (green, black, white), water, iced tea
- Movies: The Lord of the Rings trilogy, Dracula Untold, Imaginaerum by Nightwish, Armageddon
- Books: The Lord of the Rings and the Silmarillion by J.R.R.Tolkie, A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R.Martin, Dracula by Bram Stoker, Angels and Demons and Inferno by Dan Brown, some books by Jeffery Deaver, Clive Cussler (got to thank Kai Hansen for that), Karin Slaughter and Sebastian Fitzek and short stories by Edgar Allan Poe
- Season: Spring
- Hobbies: Reading, listening to music, writing, biking

Music...
- Bands: Iron Maiden, Nightwish, Avantasia, Edguy, Powerwolf, Sabaton, Epica, Delain, Flowing Tears, Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray, Orden Ogan, Beyond the Black, Bruce Dickinson etc.
- Albums: That's a hard one... My eternal favourites are Avantasia/Ghostlights, Iron Maiden/Seventh Son of a Seventh Son and The Book of Souls, Blind Guardian/Beyond the Red Mirror, Epica/The Quantum Enigma, Flowing Tears/Serpentine and Powerwolf/Lupus Dei. Oh, and Vain Glory Opera would be here if Felix had played the drums on it. That's probably weird but well.
- Songs: Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name and a song named Die Unstillbare Gier from Tanz der Vampire (a musical), it's basically Meat Loaf's Objects in the Rear View Mirror May Appear Closer Than They Are but with different lyrics, in a conceptual story and yeah, overall I like it better than the original. As for Edguy/Avantasia my favourites are Behind the Gates to Midnight World, The Asylum, The Pharaoh, The Realms of Baba Yaga, Dragonfly, Draconian Love, Let the Storm Descend Upon You, Blizzard on a Broken Mirror, The Scarecrow, The Tower and Savior in the Clockwork
- Singers: Attila Dorn, Hansi K├╝rsch, Jorn Lande, Andre Matos, Bruce Dickinson, Ronnie James Dio, Blackie Lawless, Floor Jansen, Doro Pesch, Amanda Somerville, Stefanie Duchene, Helen Vogt, Alissa White-Gluz
- Musicians: Tobias Sammet, Tuomas Holopainen, Felix Bohnke, Jens Ludwig, Kai Hansen, Henjo Richter, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, Janick Gers, Steve Harris, Matthew Greywolf

Worst Nightmare: Not be allowed to listen to music anymore?

Place To Go: I'd love to visit Finland, New Zealand, Scotland and Florence and Rome in particular
Ready to bear the memories of golden hours
vedrividia
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Larissa » 16 Jun 2017 10:44

Hi Hannah!

Welcome to the Freak Show .

I hope you'll enjoy it here.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
It has become a bit quiet but one of us "old" folks is always around.

I also started my metal career with Maiden.
My dad was a huge fan and Number of the Beast was the first album I bought when I was 14.
After attending a David Hasselhoff concert a few months earlier :lol: .
Quite a change in taste and for the better, I'd say.
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Thierry » 15 Aug 2017 15:08

Welcome on board(s)! :)

I also started with Maiden :P Great introduction to metal indeed! 8)
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Return to Savage Introductions!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts