Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Recently registered? Introduce yourself to the forum's Savages here.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Hardscope » 05 Mar 2018 20:20

Hey, everybody! Nice to meet you all. Been listening to Edguy for about two years now and discovered this forum today. I have copies of The Savage Poetry, Vain Glory Opera, Mandrake, Hellfire Club, Space Police, Monuments, The Scarecrow, The Mystery of Time, and Ghostlights. What should I pick up next?

Name: Mike

Birthday: April 19

Residence: Baltimore, United States

How Did I Start Listening To Metal? Well my first rock band was Three Days Grace who I heard on the radio at age 10, a few years later I discovered Metallica and have since fallen down the heavy metal rabbit hole.

I Like...
- Food: Buffalo chicken, cheeseburgers, Chinese food
- Drink: Coffee, green tea
- Movies: Blade Runner, Star Wars, Rocky
- Books: “The Moon is a Harsh Mistress” by Robert A. Heinlein
- Season: Winter, because you can wear a warm jacket and you have an excuse for staying inside.
- Hobbies: Video games and anime

- Bands: Iron Maiden, Metallica, Muse, Seether, Lacuna Coil, Breaking Benjamin, Avatar, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Hollywood Undead (and obviously Edguy + Avantasia)
- Albums: my favorite album is Ghostlights, but I also really enjoy Lacuna Coil’s “Dark Adrenaline,” Avenged Sevenfold’s “Nightmare,” David Bowie’s “The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars,” and Gary Numan’s “The Pleasure Principle.”
- Songs: Ohhh.... that’s a thought one. I have a bad habit of listening to songs so much I don’t like them anymore, but my favorite Edguy song is probably Ministry of Saints or Navigator.
- Singers: David Bowie, Gary Numan, Bruce Dickinson, James Hetfield, Corey Taylor, Rob Halford
- Musicians: George Lynch, Steve Harris, Kirk Hammett, Dave Mustaine, John Petrucci, Mike Portnoy

Worst Nightmare: Going blind

Place To Go: Japan

Let’s hope for many more years of good music!

Postby Thierry » 05 Mar 2018 23:12

Welcome on board(s), Mike! :)

Nice taste in music! 8)
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles

Postby PeaceLoveAvantasia » 06 Mar 2018 06:03

I joined last summer. It's fun here, even if it's a bit quiet. The old posts are still great to read though. :) I learned a lot about the bands from reading them.

Hmm, you have a lot of the albums already. Try the Metal Opera I and II? I'm pretty sure most if not all of the albums are on youtube in full, so you could try some out to decide which you like best.

:woohoo: You're from Baltimore! I'm from around Philadelphia so we're only a few hours away from each other. I like knowing there are other A/E fans relatively nearby. :) Makes me not feel so alone :lol:

Have a great time here!

Return to Savage Introductions!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts