Edguy & Avantasia Forums

ABOUT YOU...

Recently registered? Introduce yourself to the forum's Savages here.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Aywen » 05 Mar 2013 19:32

Impressive!! :D
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby carolina » 04 Apr 2013 19:54

Name: Karolina

Birthday: 12.07.1990

Residence: Warsaw, Poland

How Did I Start Listening To Metal?
The first was rock... but later were journeys on the YT 8)

I Like...
- Food:Spaghetti, pizza (without cheese :D )
- Drink:Tea, juice
- Movies:Star Wars, James Bond series, Into the wild, Some like it hot, and more...
- Books: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Stephen King, Harlan Coben
- Season: summer
- Hobbies: windsurfing, snowboarding, horse riding

Music...
- Bands:Avantasia, Edguy, Kamelot, Shaman, Gamma Ray, Savatage, Led Zeppelin, Marilyn Manson, Nick Cave, Godsmack, Ghost B.C., Nightwish, Queen, Iron Maiden, SOAD and King Charles :D
- Albums: too much to write ;)
- Songs: at any time of the day or night - the scarecow, twisted mind, the toy master, the seven angels, black orchid, death is just a feeling - Avantasia, tears of a mandrake, sacrifice, s(h)ave me ( :D ), f*cking with fire, land of the miracle (and moooore) - Edguy, march of the mephisto - Kamelot, Stagger Lee - Nick Cave, Secular Haze - Ghost, bam bam - King Charles :P
- Singers:Tobias Sammet :headbang and singers above mentioned bands
- Musicians:

Worst Nightmare: that I will never be at the concert of Avantasia and Edguy (now, I'm just a student and I can't be at the concert in the Germany :( - money money, it's not funny :evil )

Place To Go: Australia (but I'm afraid of snakes :evil )

Greetings from Poland :)
And I'm sorry for my english but I will try to write good :)
carolina
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Brynn » 08 Apr 2013 18:52

Wow, nice thread, it's interesting to read a little fun info about everyone :) Here's my filled savage form:

Name: Brynn for now ;)

Birthday: I was born in 1980 - that should suffice, you weren't going to bake me a cake anyway were you :D

Residence: Budapest, Hungary

Good question, I can actually recall the exact moment vividly :) I was at a friend's house once and we were talking and he had some music on, and suddenly I just found myself listening to what was playing in the background. The beat was really good and I liked the tune as well, and the words went like "silently the silence calls in the fields of futile war..." :) And I was like, what's that? And he said: Iron Maiden.

I Like...
- Food: Wouldn't say no to a good lasagna :)
- Drink: Guinness, ciders
- Movies: I usually pick by actor and will watch and probably like anything with Edward Norton or Colin Firth in it
- Books: The Picture of Dorian Gray, The Worst Journey in the World, The Canterbury Tales, Ivanhoe
- Season: Festival season! :headbang
- Hobbies: Reading, listening to music (hence my filling in this form :) ), squats (the exercise), traveling, studying history/literature, astronomy

Music...
- Bands: Iron Maiden, Avantasia, used to like Nightwish too when they still had Tarja, Within Temptation, Luca Turilli. At the moment it's pretty much Avantasia 24/7 :razz
- Albums:
  • Iron Maiden: Brave New World
  • Iron Maiden: The X Factor
  • Nightwish: Wishmaster
  • Avantasia: The Metal Opera - this is the single best piece of music I have ever heard in my entire life.
- Songs:
  • Avantasia: Dweller in a Dream, Farewell, Avantasia, Breaking Away, The Final Sacrifice, Neverland, Savior in the Clockwork, just to name a few
  • Maiden: Too many to list, Dream of Mirrors is definitely on top of the list, so is Judas my Guide, Ancient Mariner, The Fugitive, Judas My Guide plus many many more
  • Within Temptation: Hand of Sorrow, A Dangerous Mind
  • Luca Turilli: Demonheart, Black Realm's Majesty
  • Manowar: Heart of Steel
- Singers: Bruce Dickinson is my absolute favourite voice
- Musicians: Well, Toby! The Metal Opera is the work of a real genius imo, the entire story, the characters, the music... It's something I had never heard before I came across Avantasia, and it really strikes a chord with me. Best genre ever, and Toby has an amazing talent for it.

Worst Nightmare: Nah, I don't even dare to write this down :cry

Place To Go:
Madrid 31/May :headbang Apart from festivals though I usually go towards the general direction of the British Isles for holiday if I can help it - I love the area.
Brynn
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Toradh » 27 Apr 2013 18:06

Ok, let's assume I was applying to be a cover artist.

Name: Franziska W. (I need a pseudonym, haha)

Birthday: October 21st

Residence: Bochum (that's in western Germany)

By listening to what my sister had borrowed from a friend of hers. It was Blind Guardian and Nightwish. I didn't like Blind Guardian at that point, but I liked Nightwish. Then she borrowed The Metal Opera pt. I from the same friend. My life changed.

I Like...
- Food: chocolate, too many sweets, all kinds of fruit (especially pears), cinnamon, honey, mushrooms, pumpkin (pie), nuts, and ymer
- Drink: mead, cider, baileys, and… cacao.
- Movies: Lord of the Rings, Stardust, Thor, the Avengers, Star Wars, Disney movies, Life of Brian, the Fountain, the Last Unicorn, the Secret of Kells, and too many others
- Books: Tolkien's Silmarillion and certainly too many others
- Season: all of them
- Hobbies: drawing, painting, writing, baking, my studies, my cats, listening to music because I can't make any

Music...
- Bands: Avantasia, Edguy, Kamelot, Samsas Traum, ASP, Dead Can Dance, In Legend, Van Canto, Finntroll, Therion, many others.
- Albums: don't make me choose!
- Songs: no way you could EVER make me chose
- Singers: Tobi Sammet, Roy Khan, Tommy Karevik, André Matos, Jari Mäenpää, Jørn Lande, Lisa Pawelke, Meat Loaf, moar.
- Musicians: Thomas Youngblood, Bastian Emig

Worst Nightmare: I don't want to think about it and I'm not gonna tell you, either.

Place To Go: Denmark* because I miss the ymer, Ireland*, Wales, Scotland, Mayan ruins, North of Canada. *marks the places I've actually been to. Life is too short *sobs*.
Toradh
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby GoinBlind » 29 Apr 2013 05:52

Just saw I never did that so I think I'd do it now.

Name: Philipp

Birthday: August 08 1993

Residence: Germany

How Did I Start Listening To Metal? I don't know I think because of my father who's a 80s-Hair-Metal-Fan since his very early years and of course his passion went over on me with maybe his favourite (and long time my favourite - I think until Edguy came in) band Kiss. Then got to Iron Maiden and all this bands of the 80s.

I Like...
- Food:
Pizza - sadly I like the bad things most :D
- Drink: Coke Light or Beer :)
- Movies: Everything except of really cheese Hollywood-Blockbusters. I think I'm very into Asia-Movies espacially Park Chan-Wook's and Kim Jee-Woon's portfolios kick.
- Books: I think Tobi's biography will be the first book I've ever read :D
- Season: Spring! So fresh :D
- Hobbies: Listening to music, watching movies, playing videogames and MAYBE - something that could be named social life :D

Music...
- Bands:
Edguy, Avantasia, Theocracy, Powerwolf, Gamma Ray, Helloween, Cage The Elephant, Pantera, Kiss, Maiden, Rob Zombie, Ozzy Osbourne, Freedom Call, Lordi, Mötley Crüe, Dropkick Murphys, Volbeat,
- Albums: I don't know there are too much. I think the Wicked Trilogy is the best I've ever listened to.
- Songs: Definitely 'The Pride of Creation' and 'The Wicked Symphony'
- Singers: Tobias Sammet, Paul Stanley
- Musicians: Now I can say the best guitarist ever was Dimebag Darrell

Worst Nightmare: Things :D

Place To Go: I'd like to travel through the states one time. But it doesn't have to be so near in future :D
Who do you think you are to think you're of a better class?
Who do you think you are to expect us to KISS your a**?

The Devil you don't know sure ain't warnout - Pick your Poison!
GoinBlind
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Supersoof » 17 May 2013 13:37

Name: Sophia

Birthday: 4 November 1985

Residence: Netherlands

How Did I Start Listening To Metal? Guess it all started hearing stuff like Ozzy, Iron Maiden and Metallica from friends.

I Like...
- Food: Don't really have a specific fav.
- Drink: Tea and fresh juices.
- Movies: Fantasy, thrillers and horror movies.
- Books: Mostly read fantasy books.
- Season: Guess spring..love it when the sun starts to shine again and all the plants and trees become alive again
- Hobbies: Listening to music, reading and playing games (pc) with friends.

Music...
- Bands: Avantasia, Edguy, Helloween, Type O Negative, Epica, Ayreon, My dying bride, Corvus Corax and the list could go on :lol:
- Albums: too many...
- Songs: really depends on my mood
- Singers: Tobias Sammet, Peter Steele, Simone Simons, Ozzy, Aaron Stainthorpe, Michael Kiske, Floor Janssen and more.
- Musicians: see above.

Worst Nightmare: I think to be deaf.

Place To Go: I love London. Still wanna go to America, Australia, Ireland and Japan.
Supersoof
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Aywen » 18 May 2013 10:46

Welcome & have fun!
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Korpiklaani » 08 Jun 2013 01:51

Name: Fredrik

Residence: Sweden

How Did I Start Listening To Metal? Started with Metallica and Kiss and then it developed

I like...

Food: Pizza, tacos, pyttipanna ( swedish dish)
Drink: Coca cola, coffee, mill, tea
Movies: The Lion King, Fight Club, Kubrick movies, comedies...
Books: Non-fiction
Season: Summer
Hobbies: Music, movies, friends, history, science, math

Music...
Bands: Korpiklaani, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Sabaton, Status Quo, Europe, Bon Jovi, Rhapsody...
Albums: A lot
Songs: Favorites include: Scarecrow - Avantasia, Karoliners bön - Sabaton, Metsamies - Korpiklaani, Unbreakable - Stratovarius, Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen, Full Moon - Sonata Artica and more...
Singers: Tobias Sammet, Tony Kakko, Jonne Järvelä, Timo Kolipelto...
Musicians: See Above

Worst nightmare: Starve to death

Place to go: Want to visit Australia and New Zealand
Korpiklaani
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 09 Jun 2013 03:19

this is a fantastic way of getting to know a bit about each person on here!! :headbang :headbang
2013 Avantasia Tour:- 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Japan
2014 Edguy Tour:- Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
2016 Avantasia Tour - 2 x Pratteln, Saarbrucken, Ludwigsburg, Fulda
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 09 Jun 2013 03:44

Name: Eddie's Bitch (its my username on the Iron Maiden forum :))

Birthday: 1977....

Residence: Australia...to be more precise, im on the coast that has the gorgeous view of the Great Barrier Reef

How Did I Start Listening To Metal? Well you can blame my dad for that....from the time I was 3, he used to play AC/DC, Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, KISS records etc....so i grew up listening to it, no surprise it became what I liked most :)

I Like...
- Food: Mud Crab....yum!! Croissants, Roast Pork (or since having sauerbraten, can I include that in my roast?) with crackling
- Drink: scotch...with a couple of ice cubes, ciders, duvel beer
- Movies: Pirates Of The Caribbean series, LOTR series, The Avengers
- Books: Dean Koontz, Karen Rose, Dan Brown...used to be a fan of Patricia Cornwall when she first wrote the "Scarpetta" series
- Season: Summer....its stinking hot, but best time to be on the water fishing around our beautiful islands!!
- Hobbies: Fishing, crabbing, touring the world to see great bands live....music in general :)

Music...
- Bands: Iron Maiden, Avantasia, Edguy, Sabaton, Nightwish, Rob Zombie, Hammerfall
- Albums: Too many to list....but when I was 13 I flogged the album Hysteria by Def Leppard!!
- Songs: Again too many to list...The Scarecrow and Hallowed By Thy Name are my two ultimate faves..The Talisman by Iron Maiden was a fantastic song live....and I have to admit, Ghost Division is the best song at the gym!!
- Singers: Bruce Dickinson and Tobias Sammet...wow! Joakim, Floor Hansen, gotta include Marco with Floor, also Kiske, Klaus Meine
- Musicians: Felix Bohnke...best drummer! Janick Gers....best showman guitarist!! and the nicest guy to meet!

Worst Nightmare: losing my hearing...music is a big part of my life, whether its listening to music (as I cook, clean house, drive to work, take dog for walk, at the gym, even sitting on the computer like now etc...) or having a bash on my drums, if i were to lose my hearing, I would be devastated!

Place To Go:
well I have done a fair bit of travelling so I have crossed off a few places on my list. I have wanted to go to Japan for the last decade and I achieve that dream in 4 weeks time :)

Vatican City, Italy, Poland are still on my list of countries to see....maybe next Iron Maiden/Edguy/Avantasia tour hey!
2013 Avantasia Tour:- 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Japan
2014 Edguy Tour:- Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
2016 Avantasia Tour - 2 x Pratteln, Saarbrucken, Ludwigsburg, Fulda
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Rock Chick » 19 Jul 2013 08:14

Name (Nickname/Username): Rock Chick

Birthday: 17th Decemeber

Residence: MI, USA

How Did I Start Listening To Metal? I suppose it was years ago as a lil kid watching MTV when MTV was still about music and played music videos and had music related programs only.

I Like...
- Food: Mexican, Pizza, Cheese Fries, Chicken w/Ranch, Blueberries, etc.
- Drink: Smart Water, Mixed Berry Vitamin Water, Sprite, etc.
- Movies: Action and Comedies... The Crow, Tron Legacy, etc.
- Books: Not really into books that much. I do love all stuff Edgar Allan Poe though.
- Season: the inbetweens/transitions between each season (not a fan of winter).
- Hobbies: Listening to music, promoting bands/singers, sleeping, antiques collecting, surfing the web, chatting online with friends, etc.

Music...
- Bands: SunStrike, Skyride, Mandrake, Cutting Jade, Halestorm, Seether, Mitchel Emms, 7 Years Today, etc.
- Albums: Too many too list.
- Songs: Too many to list.
- Singers: Christian Hedgren, Tobias Sammet, Mylon English, etc.
- Musicians: Joe Hottinger, Crash, Andrew Duggan, etc.

Worst Nightmare: Too scary to say.

Place To Go: Too many to name.
Rock Chick
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Anne » 20 Jan 2014 20:39

Name: Anne

Birthday: 10th January

Residence: Lower Saxony, Germany

It just happened a few months ago when my boyfriend introduced me to Avantasia. Shame on me for not finding out earlier how brilliant it is. Since then, I try to get to know different metal bands to expand my spectrum. :)

I Like...
- Food: Dad's lasagne - best in the world!
- Drink: COFFEEEE <3
- Movies: Lord of the Rings, Tom Hanks movies and the old Disney classics
- Books: Harry Potter and several other fantasy novels
- Season: I'm definitely a winter's child. Unless there's muddy un-snowy snow.
- Hobbies: Music - listening, singing and playing instruments, reading and playing Volleyball :)

Music... you can say I'm in a musical identity crisis now. So there's almost everything from 80's rock to different kinds of metal. And I have a special love to Irish folk.

Worst Nightmare: anything that keeps me away from music - beginning with a bad cold that makes my voice leave me.

Place To Go: I dream of going back to Ireland. :)
Anne
SavageApprentice
SavageApprentice

Postby ESTAC » 07 Apr 2014 17:23

ESTAC's back! Welcome to all newcomers! :)
ESTAC
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Manguy » 01 Nov 2014 16:06

Name: Manuel

Birthday: 23th may 1969
Residence: South west of France

How Did I Start Listening To Hard Rock, Metal ...?
I was 10 years old !
I Like:
- Food: French of course, Italian , Asian,... meals.
- Drink: A few alcool, Beer (England and German of course !)
- Movies: Fantastic, science fiction, cartoons, Hilarious ( Louis de Funès, and all the famous french hilarious !)
- Season: Summer, spring and autumn for the colors.

I hate:
Dishonest politician, the assholes, the disrespectful people, :robinhood: the criminal...

- Hobbies: Listening good music, go to concert, Singing (in my bath ;) ), karting, automobile sport ,Music...
- Bands: Edguy and Avantasia :toast of course, Within Temptaion, Rhapsody, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, Sabaton, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica, Europe, Saint Daemon, Krokus, ADX, Loudblast, .... Heavy Metal, Metal, Symphonic Metal, Power Metal....

-Singers: Bon Scott, Tobias Sammet, Bruce Dickinson, Fabio Lione, Michael Kiske, André Matos, Klaus Meine, Joe Tempest, James Hetfield, Marc Storace, Jon Bon Jovi...And for the women singer: Sharon Den Adel, Floor Jansen, Charlotte Wessels. and Katia Iva from INNERLY, a great French Metal Symphonic Band !
This !

Bye bye ! :)
Manguy
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Thierry » 01 Nov 2014 17:27

Finally! :) :cheer

Welcome on board(s), Manu! 8) :woohoo:
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Manguy » 11 Nov 2014 15:48

Thank you to the savage space policeman...without mustache ! :lol:
Manguy
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Thierry » 12 Nov 2014 14:53

:lol:

I tried once... it looks shitty on me! :lol:
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby LizzyFoxx » 30 Jul 2015 15:53

Name: Lisa

Birthday: 31st May 1992

Residence: near Weimar (Germany)

it just happened somehow ... I guess it started about 10 years ago when some of my mother's friends gave her Metal Opera Part 1 as a birthday gift. I really liked that sound but didn't realize how awesome it actually was (I was 13 at that time). Later a good friend introduced me to Sonata Arctica and Stratovarius and that's when I fell in love with that music.

I Like...
- Food: pizza, nachos, lasagne, sushi, curry and some of the healthy stuff
- Drink: cuba libre, sprite, peppermint tea
- Movies: The Crow (all time favorite), Dragonheart, Nightmare On Elm Street (the old ones with Robert Englund), nearly all Marvel movies, Tim Burton movies
- Books: The Hobbit
- Season: spring
- Hobbies: in the words of Steel Panther: "fuck all night and party all day" :cool

Music...
- Bands: Steel Panther, Edguy, Avantasia, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
- Albums: Feel The Steel, Hellfire Club, Rocket Ride, Ecliptica, Winterhearts Guild, Nemesis
- Songs: The Burden of Being Wonderful, Lavatory Love Machine, Fullmoon, Eagleheart, Hunting High and Low
- Singers: Michael Starr, Tobias Sammet, Timo Kotipelto
- Musicians: Lexxi Foxx, Satchel ...

Worst Nightmare:
already happened. I met the guys of Steel Panther and totally forgot how to speak (more or less) proper English. :eek
LizzyFoxx
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Larissa » 31 Jul 2015 12:00

Again, welcome on board, LizzyFoxx !!!

I like your choice of movies. The Crow is one of the coolest movies ever shot.

Worst Nightmare:
already happened. I met the guys of Steel Panther and totally forgot how to speak (more or less) proper English.

Guess what happened when I met Bruce Dickinson.
Total brain-freeze :lol:
Never been this star-struck before.
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby LizzyFoxx » 01 Aug 2015 00:33

And thanks again for the warm welcome :D After I've already written some comments I thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself.
I noticed that I forgot some really great musicians, for example Sebastian Bach and his band Skid Row, Jani Lane (Warrant), Poison, Treat ... I'm addicted to 80's stuff :lol:

The Crow is my favorite movie since ... all along. I watched it first when I was a child (yes, my mother allowed me to watch dark and brutal movies 8) ) but of course I didn't understand it. I just liked the guy with the long dark hair and his crow. Later I realized that it was Brandon Lee and that he really died in an accident while shooting this movie :(
LizzyFoxx
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

PreviousNext

Return to Savage Introductions!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts