Edguy & Avantasia Forums

What is the meaning of the Let The Storm Descend Upon You?

Discuss Avantasia's upcoming album "Ghostlights" and the Ghostlights World Tour!

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Patrix » 02 May 2017 20:17

I found this song hard to interprete and I'm asking You all. What is this song About? Does anyone know?
Patrix
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Muppet » 03 May 2017 10:39

Patrix wrote:I found this song hard to interprete and I'm asking You all. What is this song About? Does anyone know?

Good question!
:lol:

From memory, and please believe me when i say i am a walking zombie these last 3 months, especially the last 7ish weeks so i'm finding it hard to recall what Tobi has said in the past, in regards to what this particular song means.

I do recall him stating that he wanted to leave it 'loose' so that the person listening could interpret it to their own end/need.

MY suggestion would be one of two things but both suggest asking him!

You can email him here, in English or German, and he may answer you on his radio show:
Radio email for Tobi: tobi@radiobob.de

OR

You can shoot him a comment on his Facebook page in the comments section the next time he posts. He tends to respond to fans a lot lately which i love. So if you decide to go down that road, GOOD LUCK!!!
https://www.facebook.com/avantasia/

As for what i think it means, to me?
'Ghostlights' are something that leads people astray. Think gloomy, foggy forest and being lead off the path as dancing lights entice you from the distance and you aren't even aware you have strayed from your path as you follow them and then find yourself lost.

In this sense Ghostlights are distractions in everyday life that lead us astray from what is truly important. TIME. It's the one thing we can never make more off and it is limited and yet we waste it so much instead of treat it as the most precious thing we have because IT IS the most precious thing we have. You ask people that love each other what hell is and their answer will be time spent apart. Ask a dying person what they wish they had more of or what they could change and they will answer that they wish they had more time to spend with those the y love and they regret wasting SO much of that precious time/life chasing trivial things and neglecting what they held dear and what made them TRULY happy.

Being lead astray in life is all good and well but at what price? Some of us realise far too late, when we are far too old, that we have lived a life chasing empty and shallow intrigues when what really matters to us the most has been lost along the way and no matter how hard we try we will never get ANY of those moments back or be able to extend our time in this life. Who we are, deep down (dreams/beliefs vs desires), gets lost along the way.

Then there is our beliefs... Science vs God/Gods and what happens to us once our time comes to an end.
There are so many different variations and beliefs on what happens so what SHOULD we believe? Introducing the light...
LIGHT is a metaphor for finding yourself and embracing everything you have been through and just letting it all descend upon you until you come to your own realisation and your own conclusion and understanding of what your life is to you and what is important in it and maybe even perhaps what impact you want to leave behind.

No one is living life right or wrong... We just have to give into all it brings and follow our own paths and hope we get it right by following what we 'feel' and what is deep within our hearts, staying true to ourselves and what has true meaning to us. Everyone is so busy these days and seem to have no time for family and dear friends. They get caught up in constantly chasing something until they no longer know what they are chasing. All the while time is constantly ticking away. The LIGHT is finding yourself when you realise you are lost in the storm of life. Just give into it and let that realisation happen. Shine YOUR light into the darkness and let the storm descend upon you.

THAT'S my interpretation. Just off the top of my head.

The light might strictly mean God/the afterlife?!
Only Tobi knows.
:wink:

It would be interesting to see what Tobi has to say on the matter but he really didn't want to influence people too much from memory as he wanted us all to take away our own 'feeling'.

If you DO get an answer from him, please come back and share it with us!

AND if anyone else has the answer or an interview or something where he addresses this, PLEASE share it here!
I'd love to know also.

:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Patrix » 07 May 2017 14:00

Thanks a lot! Nice interpretation. I'll ask him via FB. Thanks
Patrix
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Muppet » 08 May 2017 09:34

Patrix wrote:Thanks a lot! Nice interpretation. I'll ask him via FB. Thanks

You're welcome and good luck.
Hope you get an answer.
:wink:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 24 Jun 2017 10:40

Patrix wrote:I found this song hard to interprete and I'm asking You all. What is this song About? Does anyone know?

Tobi let us know what this song is about when he answered someone's question on Facebook, regarding their comments about the new 'Let The Storm Descend Upon You' t-shirt and he said THIS about the meaning behind the song.
:)

So the answer is, it's about a Seance!!!

I'm truly, beyond intrigued by Lollilegs now.
I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOO many questions i would LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to ask him.
Curiouser and curiouser!!!
:pinkgrin:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Return to The Avantasia Discussion Forum!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts