Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Reminder: Leak Etiquette

Discuss Avantasia's upcoming album "Ghostlights" and the Ghostlights World Tour!

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Promised Land » 11 Mar 2013 13:56

As we all know, The Mystery Of Time is slated to release on March 30th.. given the way that pirates and the internet work, we all know that it will probably be out there available for download much sooner than that, so I thought I'd remind the newer folks of general forum etiquette for the subject, since its been a year and a half since the last release by one of Tobi's bands.

1. Do not provide links, websites, or torrent links, either in the public forum or in PM. This is a fast track to getting your message edited/deleted by Harmon or Thierry, and it will quickly get you on everyone's bad side.

2. Do not request links to the downloads either in the public forum or in PM - once again.. it will get you on everyone's bad side. Piracy is a fact, but most of the fans here are very strongly against people taking money from Edguy and Avantasia. If you want the files badly enough, you should be able to find them all on your own.

3. If you choose to download the files, be mindful of the fact that many members of the forum will not do so, and are waiting for their physical copy for their first listen. They will not want any information about the lyrics or songs that has not been publicly available to this point.

To that end, if you feel the need to discuss specifics about the new album prior to the actual release (such as song reviews/ratings, lyrics discussions, etc), please either create a topic with a subject starting with [SPOILER] or look for one that has already been created. To that end, also please be careful with your comments in other threads not marked as spoiler that may be considered as spoilers.

Thank you.
"Thierry" is French for "Buys lots of pandora bracelets using cheap wow gold"..

Time won't wait for those who stay behind to wait for time..
Promised Land
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby ThimGrim » 11 Mar 2013 15:26

Hmm, I was just wondering. You can spoiler movie, book, theater show, but how to spoiler music on internet forum? :P Is it like:

"oh, and on there goes that great, pompatic moment: "trytrytry tu tu tu mu mu mu" "

"you bastard! you ruined my listening session, now I know what I will hear and there won't be any surprise element!"

:wink:
EDGUY & Avantasia - SAVAGE UNION POLAND is on facebook
ThimGrim
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 11 Mar 2013 15:37

Oh it has been ruined for me many times in the past.
I hate when some one gets it before me and then mentions every tiny detail without so much as a second thought that perhaps i would like to go through my own copy of the album, from cover to cover, track to track and discover it all for myself. I don't want to know that in track 3 you hear a surprise gun fight half way through or at the end of track 6 there are squirrels screeching at an annoying crow. I also don't want to know that in the credits Mr Sammet has included a knock knock joke or that there is a picture of him in the book doing a playgirl spread in nothing but a zebra thong! I want to discover that all for myself. If you mention stuff like that it takes away the joy/magic from someone else discovering it for the first time. So to avoid that, it's simple... APPLY COURTESY! Keep it to a spoiler thread so that the rest of the forum get to decide if they want to experience it for themselves or not.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 11 Mar 2013 15:41

Not in that kind of details, ThimGrim, but knowing that each line is "epic", that there is a great keyboard solo opening this or that track, that Tobi's evil growling death metal 30-second scream* is awesome on the title track, etc. So, I understand those wanting to keep these details and surprises for their album discovery ;)

Thanks a lot for this post, Promised Land :)

* Hey, one can dream! :D

[EDIT - Harmon, if you could make this as a sticky message, it would be much appreciated... I tried but failed :P ]
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Promised Land » 11 Mar 2013 16:05

No problem.. just trying to head off the inevitable. Plus, it really sucks when Muppet has to go dark for a couple of weeks to avoid the details. :hug

ThimGrim - People tend to start analyzing Avantasia lyrics within minutes of hearing the songs for the first time.. its healthy, its fun, but when people want to wait for their own first listening experience, it can really spoil their enjoyment after spending a bunch of money on the CD set and postage, as well as their own anticipation that they've invested. :)

Promised Land
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Poglia » 11 Mar 2013 16:24

Thanks Promised Land, that's exactly what we always do when a leak is out. I'm usually the one opening the [SPOILER] threads, and will do it once again (unless someone does it before me). I pre-order every album anyway so there's absolutely no money loss for the band. It's just me being impatient. :)

EDIT: looks like there's no need to open another thread, let's use this one viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11598
Poglia
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby ThimGrim » 11 Mar 2013 16:30

No, I can't understand you... :D

For me, listening to the music is so individual, intimate even, feeling that reading detailed review or second by second report, won't ruin that. I think it is mainly because I don't care what other people think about this or other song... I experience music by hearing and understanding it, not by reading about it ;).
The only thing that can make me anxious is that I can't hear it, while someone else can! ;)

But I of course must respect your feelings, so don't be afraid, I don't have anything interesting related to the new album anyway... ;)
EDGUY & Avantasia - SAVAGE UNION POLAND is on facebook
ThimGrim
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby nightangel » 11 Mar 2013 16:51

Yes Promised Land, it was good mentioning this. I also didn't think about it, since so many reviews by press are also available. So I opened the Spoiler topic for detailed discussion. :wink:

And yes I have now 6 of 10 songs (please don't ask for sharing, since I won't do this), but there is also no money lost, since I already pre-ordered several different editions. This is the curse being a collector. :P
Souls Alive Official Unisonic Fanclub
http://www.unisonicfanclub.com/

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com
nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Harmon » 11 Mar 2013 16:53

Thierry wrote:Not in that kind of details, ThimGrim, but knowing that each line is "epic", that there is a great keyboard solo opening this or that track, that Tobi's evil growling death metal 30-second scream* is awesome on the title track, etc. So, I understand those wanting to keep these details and surprises for their album discovery ;)

Thanks a lot for this post, Promised Land :)

* Hey, one can dream! :D

[EDIT - Harmon, if you could make this as a sticky message, it would be much appreciated... I tried but failed :P ]

Promised Land, great post! I really really appreciate this and have already stickied it. ;) Busy day at work so I'll be talking to you guys later. 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby camroundabout » 11 Mar 2013 17:51

Just a warning, I think it's already leaked. I won't say how I found out (but I'm being totally honest in saying that I wasn't actively searching for it), but that means that forums other than this one might be seeing conversation about it from now until release. So just a heads up.
Like action-packed sci-fi? Check out my books! http://thegamerslookingglass.com/?page_id=370
camroundabout
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Alienbanker » 11 Mar 2013 18:08

ThimGrim wrote:For me, listening to the music is so individual, intimate even, feeling that reading detailed review or second by second report, won't ruin that. I think it is mainly because I don't care what other people think about this or other song... I experience music by hearing and understanding it, not by reading about it ;).
The only thing that can make me anxious is that I can't hear it, while someone else can! ;)

+1 ;)
Alienbanker
SavageApprentice
SavageApprentice

Postby Promised Land » 11 Mar 2013 18:37

camroundabout wrote:Just a warning, I think it's already leaked. I won't say how I found out (but I'm being totally honest in saying that I wasn't actively searching for it), but that means that forums other than this one might be seeing conversation about it from now until release. So just a heads up.

We expect it to be leaked.. this being the official website and forum, though, we don't want the links to spread through here.

Keep in mind also that there are a lot of malware sites that prey on people looking for the downloads.

Promised Land
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Poglia » 11 Mar 2013 18:47

camroundabout wrote:Just a warning, I think it's already leaked. I won't say how I found out (but I'm being totally honest in saying that I wasn't actively searching for it), but that means that forums other than this one might be seeing conversation about it from now until release. So just a heads up.
If you are talking about YouTube videos with links to download the album, they are all fake (either malware, or just scam sites). There are fake password-protected torrent too, so be careful.
Poglia
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby camroundabout » 11 Mar 2013 18:50

Poglia wrote:
If you are talking about YouTube videos with links to download the album, they are all fake (either malware, or just scam sites).

Whoops. That'd be it. Yeah, that's just another reason to go waiting for the physical product instead of jumping at the "leak".
Like action-packed sci-fi? Check out my books! http://thegamerslookingglass.com/?page_id=370
camroundabout
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby nightangel » 11 Mar 2013 21:23

Metalpiano wrote:

I wasn't searching either...I just assumed that once something was on the radio it was considered public, hence why I was listening to the recordings on youtube and such. Oops. :eek

To clear a few things regarding the legal side, since probably not many people know this about internet radio:

It is absolutely legal to listen to any internet radio and it is even absolutely legal to record the show or some songs from Internet radio. Additionally it is also legal (called fair use for personal usage) to give such a recording to a personal friend.

It is not legal to share this via upload platforms like torrent, public sharing services and also not via youtube. So I understand that people are excited to hear new songs, but it damages Avantasia if these songs are uploaded to sharing services. Even if the biggest fanbase will buy the records, many others may not do it. :wink:
Souls Alive Official Unisonic Fanclub
http://www.unisonicfanclub.com/

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com
nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Muppet » 12 Mar 2013 06:33

Promised Land wrote:No problem.. just trying to head off the inevitable. Plus, it really sucks when Muppet has to go dark for a couple of weeks to avoid the details. :hug

Awwwww thank you!
:hug

Actually as of tomorrow i will be gone for 6/7 days again. Not sure if where i'm heading will have internet available to me currently so i just have to wait and see. BUT i'm very relieved that this topic has been created so that i know what is safe to enter when i get back. So thank you and i'm glad that others are willing to respect us savages that want to experience the new album's artistry and all it has to offer for ourselves and in our own unique way. So excited.
:cheer

Ohhhhhhh and someone needs to start a count down at the 10 days to go mark... PLEASE!? I may not be home in time to do so.
:P :lol:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Bartok » 12 Mar 2013 12:57

ThimGrim, music actually can be spoiled, especially when it's a concept album that with a plot. I don't really want to know what to expect from cetrain songs. The magic about Age Of The Joker was that every song was a real surprise for me and every one is different from another. I kind of know that the new Avantasia songs will not be AS diversed (because they have to follow a certain concept) but still they will surely surprise me from time to time :)

I have only listened to the official clips and Sleepwalking, I love it so far but I'm not willing to listen to anything else but my copy will be in my hands probably around the 5th of April..... :/
███████
███████ EDGUY

There are no people who can't achieve climax. There only are people who haven't been listening to Edguy yet.
Bartok
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby The Scarecrow » 13 Mar 2013 07:03

Promised Land, thanks so much for the info, as you guys can see i'm new in the forum so it's important for me to learn all the rules step by step.

And don't worry, i already made the pre-order of my copy... can't wait to receive it!! :innocent:
Pleasure and pain feel all the same,
To the dreamer who's trying to get closer.

- https://www.facebook.com/tebanbasscg
The Scarecrow
SavageApprentice
SavageApprentice

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 16 Mar 2013 05:18

Muppet wrote:Oh it has been ruined for me many times in the past.
I hate when some one gets it before me and then mentions every tiny detail without so much as a second thought that perhaps i would like to go through my own copy of the album, from cover to cover, track to track and discover it all for myself. I don't want to know that in track 3 you hear a surprise gun fight half way through or at the end of track 6 there are squirrels screeching at an annoying crow. I also don't want to know that in the credits Mr Sammet has included a knock knock joke or that there is a picture of him in the book doing a playgirl spread in nothing but a zebra thong! I want to discover that all for myself. If you mention stuff like that it takes away the joy/magic from someone else discovering it for the first time. So to avoid that, it's simple... APPLY COURTESY! Keep it to a spoiler thread so that the rest of the forum get to decide if they want to experience it for themselves or not.

the mental image I had of this.....*blushes* :drool:
2013 Avantasia - 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Japan
2014 Edguy - Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
2016 Avantasia - 2 x Pratteln, Saarbrucken, Ludwigsburg, Fulda
Avantasia - 2 x Pratteln, Barcelona & TBA
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 16 Mar 2013 05:22

The Scarecrow wrote:Promised Land, thanks so much for the info, as you guys can see i'm new in the forum so it's important for me to learn all the rules step by step.

And don't worry, i already made the pre-order of my copy... can't wait to receive it!! :innocent:

Im fairly new to this forum but been a member of another band's forum for many years, and it happens every tour and every album release....people always spoil it for others! Usually tours get spoilt badly by people naming the setlist when people always want it to be a surprise!

I too, have pre-ordered, however as I wont get the deluxe version hardcopy by the time my plane takes off for the Pratteln gigs, I have also pre-purchased the album on iTunes so I can listen to it on the plane over! :headbang

welcome to the family by the way! :hug
2013 Avantasia - 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Japan
2014 Edguy - Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
2016 Avantasia - 2 x Pratteln, Saarbrucken, Ludwigsburg, Fulda
Avantasia - 2 x Pratteln, Barcelona & TBA
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Next

Return to The Avantasia Discussion Forum!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts