Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Funny Headcanon for "Invoke the Machine"

Discuss Avantasia's upcoming album "Ghostlights" and the Ghostlights World Tour!

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Jarhara » 17 Jul 2016 09:46

I probably spent way to much time, trying to figure out the stories of the Avantasia albums. But thanks to a friend of mine, i came across a misinterpretation of "Invoke the Machine" that kinda makes sense in a funny way.
Pleas don't take this theory too serious, it was just meant as a joke-theory. (it just turned out that it's a lot more likely then I had thought)

So, after annoying my friend with the lyrics of the song for an entire evening. the next day he told me that the line "I behold the god-machine" came to his mind when he reached his coffee-machine, in the morning. And that got me thinking... what if the machine was actually a coffee-machine?

What do me know about the machine?
It's meant to manipulate the peoples perception of time. Well, coffee kinda does that, right?

And looking at the lyrics again I found some lines that work with the theory.

“My heart beat quickens” could be because of the excitement but it could also be because of caffeine

“Hissing and screaming, almost alive” that could be the boiling water inside. Some of those coffee-machine can sound pretty creepy with the water pressure and all...

and I know that the line “As my glance wanders to the far off end in the sky” suggests that this thing is way to huge to be a simple coffee-machine but, it's the Victorian age. This could be the first coffee-machine ever. It's very likely that it would be over complicated and maybe looking a bit like a steam-engine.

It still seams a little over the top that they would have a whole secret society around a coffee-machine, but considering that this is maybe the first one ever.....

So, what do you think?
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 31 Aug 2016 19:33

Actually that sounds very likely, it's a fun thing to think about! :D I was at a food festival, with all these different food trucks. One that sold coffee and tea did look like a small steam train. A steampunk espresso machine , why not? :D
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 10 Sep 2016 05:49

Aywen wrote: A steampunk espresso machine , why not? :D

i was thinking of something like this, only about two stories tall:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vH50oOtwVc

or maybe this one only in copper and brass:
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 12 Sep 2016 08:11

fun way of thinking of it! :)
2013 Avantasia - 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Oberhausen, Japan
2014 Edguy - Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
2016 Avantasia - 2 x Pratteln, Saarbrucken, Ludwigsburg, Fulda
Avantasia - 2 x Pratteln, Barcelona & TBA
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Aywen » 15 Sep 2016 18:51

That looks interesting :lol:
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aniland » 18 Sep 2016 15:25

So what you're saying is, "Invoke the Machine" is a long-lost cut from Ziltoid the Omniscient? :D

I am so down for Devin Townsend being a guest singer on future Avantasia track "Spill the Beans (into the Laser Cannon)"
Aniland
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Return to The Avantasia Discussion Forum!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts