Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Ghostlights dvd

Discuss Avantasia's upcoming album "Ghostlights" and the Ghostlights World Tour!

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Ian Winstone » 11 Nov 2017 21:24

Is Tobias thinking to release a dvd from the ghostlights tour . Many thanks . Ian .
Ian Winstone
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Muppet » 12 Nov 2017 01:22

Hiya Ian!
I can't speak on behalf of Tobi but i can relay to you what i have read, over in the Official Facebook Avantasia comments section.
:)

Whenever he was asked about it from fans, he responded that he doesn't have the time RIGHT NOW or the right frame of mind as he is in the 'creative process' and is laying down new tunes for new adventures.
But he hopes to allocate some time eventually and release something.
He simply doesn't know when or what exactly as they have recorded 3 full shows - Prague, Ludwigsburg and Sao Paulo.
As well as having bought a whole heap of footage from festivals they played.
It is all there, he just needs the time to go through it all and put it together, which he doesn't have right now.
So his words to us all were: Please be patient.
:wink:

And a side note from me:
The tour only finished this year, the last show being WOA '17 in August so from that point of view, i'd give him a good 2 years at least to start looking over things and getting a DVD done.
Throw in everything else he has started/planned for the immediate future, it may even be a bit longer.
We will all just have to wait and see.
:pinkgrin:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Return to The Avantasia Discussion Forum!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts