Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Potential New Forum Layout / Discussion

The latest forum news, updates, upgrades, & your requests can be found here.

Moderator: Harmon

Postby Harmon » 24 Jan 2013 18:31

Hey guys-

Sorry I've been somewhat MIA lately, but there's lots we have to work on during this pre-album release time and since we're very close to wrapping up the first new version of the official Avantasia website I want to try to be more active here starting now.

So, ultimately I want to go ahead give the forums a new design and updated look and want to ask you regulars what you might want to see in a new version. I know Master of Babylon worked on a new header for us, but I want to take it much farther than that. So yeah, let me know your thoughts and as I begin to research what direction we want to go I'll take them into account.

Looking forward to catching up with some of you in the coming days and weeks! 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Poglia » 24 Jan 2013 18:53

I'm fine with the forum graphic and layout. The only thing I would like to see is on this forum is... less spambots. :) You could maybe update phpBB, check registration/CAPTCHA settings and install an anti-spam mod.
Poglia
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Harmon » 24 Jan 2013 18:56

Poglia wrote:I'm fine with the forum graphic and layout. The only thing I would like to see is on this forum is... less spambots. :) You could maybe update phpBB, check registration/CAPTCHA settings and install an anti-spam mod.

Well, we've eliminated most of them already with some additional security mods we've recently put in place. That's of course not to say we don't get a bot or two, but we can certainly look into some more options. phpBB is updated. 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Thierry » 24 Jan 2013 19:00

Sure the spambots were an issue, but keep in mind that most of those annoying us nowadays are old ones, there aren't so many new spambots now, the upgrade was, in my opinion, really successful. Of course, if there's much to be done about it, I'm sure it will be done :)

About a new forum layout, maybe one suggestion could be to allow the use of the old layout, as an option?

(EDIT - Harmon was faster :P )
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Harmon » 24 Jan 2013 19:09

Thierry wrote:About a new forum layout, maybe one suggestion could be to allow the use of the old layout, as an option?

Absolutely - that's no problem. I like the idea of keeping our classic version alive for sure. 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby nightangel » 24 Jan 2013 19:49

For me the forum is also fine as it is. But as a general point, which I also consider for my own Fanclub pages is a stronger connection between the classic forums and facebook. Less people nowadays use forums and instead spend their time in facebook. But of course the personal discussion is lost there, so I search for a combination of both worlds. :)
Souls Alive Official Unisonic Fanclub
http://www.unisonicfanclub.com/

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com
nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Muppet » 30 Jan 2013 15:37

How exciting! All this happening and i'm scooting off for 3 weeks... I'm going to miss all the fun! Anyway, can't wait to see what happens when i get back. One thing i would like to see included in the forum are some actual links to the official websites.
:D
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Immortal Piper » 31 Jan 2013 21:34

I think making a connect to facebook option is clever, that's what's "in" now. Could be smart to tie Facebook pages, webpages and forums a little more together. Would help remind people of the forums, if they've registered and forgotten about them.

Generally stuff that helps towards having more people join and take part in the forums. I'd say it's in everyone's best interest to generate as much activity as possible, especially now that there's an album release ahead!
Last edited by Immortal Piper on 01 Feb 2013 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
The only meaning of life, is to give life meaning!
Immortal Piper
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby SpongeSammet » 01 Feb 2013 10:47

Immortal Piper wrote:I think making a conect to facebook option is clever, that's what's "in" now. Could be smart to tie Facebook pages, webpages and forums a little more together. Would help remind people of the forums, if they've registered and forgotten about them.

Generally stuff that helps towards having more people join and take part in the forums. I'd say it's in everyone's best interest to generate as much activity as possible, especially now that there's an album release ahead!

:cool
SpongeSammet
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby GoinBlind » 06 May 2013 08:51

..And?

Any news? :D

I think a "Clockpage" or something would be funny as this forum's members are from all over the world and sometimes I wonder why nobody's posting until I realize that it's midnight in Australia for example :lol:

The Mystery of Time :D

I think the forum's look is quiet cool so I don't see any reason why changing it unless you just want to add some features or something..
Who do you think you are to think you're of a better class?
Who do you think you are to expect us to KISS your a**?

The Devil you don't know sure ain't warnout - Pick your Poison!
GoinBlind
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Return to Board Announcements :: Site Updates!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts