Edguy & Avantasia Forums

New Forum Theme

The latest forum news, updates, upgrades, & your requests can be found here.

Moderator: Harmon

Postby Harmon » 17 Feb 2014 14:41

nightangel wrote:As a suggestion Harmon, what do you think about adding a 'Social Login' for facebook or twitter? People are often a little lazy to enter the forum with login data, so a connection to face or twitter would increase people joining the discussion. I did add it to my forum last weekend. :wink:

I saw that you did that, and I do think it's definitely a good idea. Great job! ;) But, I am quite old-school when it come to certain things, and I haven't quite made the decision to tie in our forums that way yet. It will probably happen as soon as I get to the "right" mindset though. ;) 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby nightangel » 17 Feb 2014 14:57

Harmon wrote:
nightangel wrote:As a suggestion Harmon, what do you think about adding a 'Social Login' for facebook or twitter? People are often a little lazy to enter the forum with login data, so a connection to face or twitter would increase people joining the discussion. I did add it to my forum last weekend. :wink:

I saw that you did that, and I do think it's definitely a good idea. Great job! ;) But, I am quite old-school when it come to certain things, and I haven't quite made the decision to tie in our forums that way yet. It will probably happen as soon as I get to the "right" mindset though. ;) 8)

Ok, in case you have any questions about such social plugins, feel free to ask anytime. :)
Souls Alive Official Unisonic Fanclub
http://www.unisonicfanclub.com/

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com
nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby ThimGrim » 17 Feb 2014 16:56

ThimGrim wrote:Forum looks great but it doesn't show up in Opera browser (v. 19.0).

It looks like this:

I already deleted cookies but still the same.

Hmmm, now it looks that i have to refresh site few times every time i try to get from main forum then to forum section and then to topic (about 12 clicks :P). And if I want to write a post then I have to refresh few times more :P. OK, I understand, new Opera is fraked up :P. Anyway using it is a bad habbit and I can't resist myself...
EDGUY & Avantasia - SAVAGE UNION POLAND is on facebook
ThimGrim
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby DBrave » 17 Feb 2014 21:15

hey Harmon, you are the boss :hug
thx for all your effort, forum looks great !
DBrave
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 18 Feb 2014 16:07

The "send reply" option in the PM section is VERY hard to see!
See below: It's in grey on grey, next to the "compose message" button.
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Harmon » 19 Feb 2014 00:03

Aywen wrote:The "send reply" option in the PM section is VERY hard to see!
See below: It's in grey on grey, next to the "compose message" button.

Great catch - thanks! I'll have to redo those buttons as soon as I get a break from the new site. :)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Satan » 20 Feb 2014 03:53

WOW !

what a change !

I was so in shock when I saw that new kickass theme that I had to reset my password ! :lol:
SOULS FOR RENT !!
5$ a day !
Satan
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Melissa » 25 Feb 2014 18:43

I'm only 10 days late on this ;)

I know Aywen and others mentioned the Unread Posts.. I see now that the topics themselves indicate whether or not there are new posts within the thread. Is there a way to indicate which individual posts have not yet been read? Also, the link to visit the thread starting with the newest unread post. Those little red icons were how I would navigate the forums :P Now I have to actually pay attention to dates and see if I can remember the last thing I had read...my brain hurts! :lol:

EDIT!!! ^^ Forget all that, I just found it hahahahahaha ^^

I also second the quote boxes :)

Other than that, the design itself is really smooth!!! I have yet to try it on a mobile browser, but I doubt I'll be using mobile very often anyway. Well done, Harmon!! :D
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Aywen » 25 Feb 2014 20:07

It doesn't work that great on my phone, the pages take long to load. But I don't find that at all important. If I'm checking the forums on my phone, I'm usually wasting my time in the train. If I have to wait longer for pages to load, it may make the 40 minutes fly by faster :lol: Hmm actually it may be sucky train wifi, but it wasn't as bad with the previous design. Anyway I don't care too much about that. :)
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Harmon » 25 Feb 2014 20:16

Aywen wrote:It doesn't work that great on my phone, the pages take long to load. But I don't find that at all important. If I'm checking the forums on my phone, I'm usually wasting my time in the train. If I have to wait longer for pages to load, it may make the 40 minutes fly by faster :lol: Hmm actually it may be sucky train wifi, but it wasn't as bad with the previous design. Anyway I don't care too much about that. :)

Aywen - I appreciate the info on this as I haven't checked out the new forums on mobile yet. Outside of the speed issue how does it actually look in terms of browsing, etc.? It's my guess that the speed issue is due to the animated fade-ins we have turned ON on page load-ins. This is something that we could also turn OFF if it is an issue. Thanks! 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Aywen » 25 Feb 2014 20:34

Harmon wrote:
Aywen wrote:It doesn't work that great on my phone, the pages take long to load. But I don't find that at all important. If I'm checking the forums on my phone, I'm usually wasting my time in the train. If I have to wait longer for pages to load, it may make the 40 minutes fly by faster :lol: Hmm actually it may be sucky train wifi, but it wasn't as bad with the previous design. Anyway I don't care too much about that. :)

Aywen - I appreciate the info on this as I haven't checked out the new forums on mobile yet. Outside of the speed issue how does it actually look in terms of browsing, etc.? It's my guess that the speed issue is due to the animated fade-ins we have turned ON on page load-ins. This is something that we could also turn OFF if it is an issue. Thanks! 8)

In general, it looks good! The side bars (main menu and user menu) appear on the very bottom of the page. Within a section of the forum, I can see the first part of the table - topic titles and replies. I can't see the 'last post' information. I haven't tried replying to a post yet. I'll take a look tomorrow or so what that looks like. :)
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Harmon » 25 Feb 2014 20:47

Aywen wrote:In general, it looks good! The side bars (main menu and user menu) appear on the very bottom of the page. Within a section of the forum, I can see the first part of the table - topic titles and replies. I can't see the 'last post' information. I haven't tried replying to a post yet. I'll take a look tomorrow or so what that looks like. :)

I just checked it as well. The overall viewing experience is pretty good I think... just need to do a test post to see how the actual posting looks and works. It was also a bit quicker than I was expecting so overall not too too bad. :)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby ThimGrim » 28 Feb 2014 10:44

Harmon wrote:
Aywen wrote:Aywen - I appreciate the info on this as I haven't checked out the new forums on mobile yet. Outside of the speed issue how does it actually look in terms of browsing, etc.? It's my guess that the speed issue is due to the animated fade-ins we have turned ON on page load-ins. This is something that we could also turn OFF if it is an issue. Thanks! 8)

So maybe this fade-in is also the problem on Opera browser?

And btw: background for post preview is different than for regular post after submitting it. Black text on grey background doesn't look well. I think container should be white.

ThimGrim wrote:
ThimGrim wrote:Forum looks great but it doesn't show up in Opera browser (v. 19.0).

It looks like this:

I already deleted cookies but still the same.

Hmmm, now it looks that i have to refresh site few times every time i try to get from main forum then to forum section and then to topic (about 12 clicks :P). And if I want to write a post then I have to refresh few times more :P. OK, I understand, new Opera is fraked up :P. Anyway using it is a bad habbit and I can't resist myself...
ThimGrim
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby ThimGrim » 02 Mar 2014 10:29

It looks like I had to update java because now everything works fine, sorry for bothering :P
ThimGrim
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Harmon » 02 Mar 2014 12:45

ThimGrim wrote:It looks like I had to update java because now everything works fine, sorry for bothering :P

Good deal - that's great to hear! :)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby ESTAC » 07 Apr 2014 17:26

Great surprise to see a new layout. I have now to get accustomed with it!

Good job Harmon!
ESTAC
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Harmon » 07 Apr 2014 17:36

ESTAC wrote:Great surprise to see a new layout. I have now to get accustomed with it!

Good job Harmon!

Hey! Great to see some familiar faces around here. :) Yeah, the new theme is great... we do have a few small things you'll need to get used to but otherwise it's the same 'ole with a different skin. 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Thierry » 10 Dec 2015 19:09

I'm wondering: am I the only one that doesn't get the logo (top left-hand corner) fully?

Right now I'm on the "Tobias Samm Avanta" forums :P
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Harmon » 10 Dec 2015 19:27

Thierry wrote:I'm wondering: am I the only one that doesn't get the logo (top left-hand corner) fully?

Right now I'm on the "Tobias Samm Avanta" forums :P

Make sure to refresh (ctrl F5), and try it once again. Please confirm as I was having that issue until I did so. Thanks! 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Thierry » 10 Dec 2015 19:33

It works, and it looks GREAT!!!
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

PreviousNext

Return to Board Announcements :: Site Updates!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts