Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Forum Upgrade :: phpbb3

The latest forum news, updates, upgrades, & your requests can be found here.

Moderator: Harmon

Postby Harmon » 10 Feb 2008 21:20

Savages-

As of today we have upgraded the forums to phpbb3. :) Many of the additional features that you have requested such as avatars, a birthday list, etc are now enabled & available. The forums have not gone through a significant test since the upgrade so if any of you have any questions or run into any issues please let me know.

In the coming weeks we'll be adding some additional features as well hopefully including a "savages online during the last 24 hours mod", additional smilies, and an additional skin to choose from.

I would suggest the first place to make your first stop in the new forums is in your "User Control Panel". It is there you can figure out how to setup your avatar, how to edit your signature, the new private message system, etc. Again, if you have questions or need any help please let me know. In addition you may also want to check the forum FAQ if you have any general questions on how some of these new features work. Lastly, if you'd like to discuss the upgrade or have any additional suggestions feel free to post them in this topic.

I hope you enjoy the upgrade and the new features. Stay savage! 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby The Stranger » 10 Feb 2008 22:20

I love it Harmon. I will let you know of anything wrong or suggestions later :D

Okay, here I go ranting again. I have just tried to upload an atavar but I got a message saying that the atavar has to be less than 8kb. WHAT?! I have to make my picture very tiny to get that. Secondly, the size I think should be increased. It would seen fair because your atavar is 144x125.
I swear Angel of Babylon is about anal sex.
The Stranger
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Harmon » 10 Feb 2008 23:38

The Stranger wrote:I love it Harmon. I will let you know of anything wrong or suggestions later :D

Okay, here I go ranting again. I have just tried to upload an atavar but I got a message saying that the atavar has to be less than 8kb. WHAT?! I have to make my picture very tiny to get that. Secondly, the size I think should be increased. It would seen fair because your atavar is 144x125.

Excellent; I am very glad you like it! Yeah, let me know if you think of anything. :) I've just upped the maximum K size for the avatars to 20. See if that works better; what size are you needing? 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby The Stranger » 11 Feb 2008 00:52

Picture I wanted to upload worked out. Others might be demanding more though.
Let's see other peoples opinions.
The Stranger
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Darkgothicangel » 11 Feb 2008 01:41

Hey Harmon, I'm still a little confused with all the changes, but it looks nice.
I guess I'll need some time to get used to all the new features like I did when I first joined the forums.
Thanks. :wink:
What the wicked dreads will overtake him,
What the righteous desire will be granted.
Darkgothicangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Harmon » 11 Feb 2008 01:56

The Stranger wrote: Others might be demanding more though.

That much is certain! ;-)

Darkgothicangel wrote:Hey Harmon, I'm still a little confused with all the changes, but it looks nice.

Excellent; glad you're enjoying it so far. I'm still trying to get used to all of the changes myself. 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby The Stranger » 11 Feb 2008 03:15

Another suggestion.

For the forum ranks. Add a space between the words. Seeing "SavageApprentice" makes it seem like I am on some site which the primary language is not English.
The Stranger
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Delphine Ludwig » 11 Feb 2008 06:07

Wow :o
the new forum looks pretty awesome :) and the writing is much better

great work Harmon :cool
A little part of me is here ;) http://dellabella88.over-blog.com/ ;)

Another little part here ;) http://twitter.com/little_del
Delphine Ludwig
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Miri » 11 Feb 2008 06:14

Looks wonderful... I guess that's the reason why the forum was down all the weekend but I think it was worth it :D
Don't have enough time now to look at every detail, but the entire looks really great so far! :)

Alright, even though I don't have much time, I've found something already...
Could you please put the "Board Index" Line which is on the bottom of every page also on top?! I'm missing it there, because usually you don't scroll to the bottom because there are only several new posts which are on the top of the page... ;)
Who am I -- Spread my wings but I can't fly.
I feel sad -- I'm not good and I'm not bad.
I am bored -- I'm not Devil - I'm not God
I am nothing -- I'm just me ...
Miri
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Muppet » 11 Feb 2008 09:58

Looks great so far Harmon.
Awesome work.
Just a quick question concerning the header of the page "Where Messages Fly..." is that out of alignment with others or is it just my screen?
:-?
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby lola » 11 Feb 2008 12:23

Sexalent work Harmon!!! this panel´s are so wonderfull, chose the font color at rigth, its a feature that i didnt expected! i got a little problem with the resolution, thougth migth be my screen resolution, all smilies in left side are displaying wrong, but again i belive its a problem of my pc!
Spanking high, spanking low, spanking everywhere we go!
Savage Union South America
http://www.edguyfan.com.ar
lola
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Harmon » 11 Feb 2008 12:39

The Stranger wrote:Another suggestion. For the forum ranks. Add a space between the words. Seeing "SavageApprentice" makes it seem like I am on some site which the primary language is not English.

We can make that happen. :) Also of note, I installed the "savages online the last 24 hours modification" last night. You can find that information at the bottom of the forums with the rest of the "Savages Online" information.

Miri - I'll look into getting that added. In the meantime you can also click on the header at anytime to bring yourself back to the index. That was my thinking with not necessarily having the board index link at the top.

Muppet - How does the "Where Messages Fly" logo appear on your screen? It is aligned on mine just fine. :) Anyone else having any problems? 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby lola » 11 Feb 2008 12:52

Harmon i just noticed that the same problem of Muppet its on my pc, i dont see the logo of edguy, i have to browse for it to the rigth side, i only see the red where messages fly, i can send you a screenshot :) asap also i noticed the frends feature aswell, great!!!! j:))
lola
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Muppet » 11 Feb 2008 13:42

Harmon wrote:Muppet - How does the "Where Messages Fly" logo appear on your screen? It is aligned on mine just fine. :) Anyone else having any problems? 8)

I hope this squished picture shows how it is out of 'whack'. I have to scroll across to actually read EDGUY. Plus it isn't within the actual grey box and extends past the border.
I think Lola explains it better then me... I only talk about thingies and what-cha-ma-call-its!
:lol: :P
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 11 Feb 2008 13:46

Well! Looks nice indeed!
Hope the spam issues are fixed as well :)

Good job!
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 11 Feb 2008 13:49

I gotta say i LOVE the Moderator Avatars. It was long overdue!
Hopefully now the minor group of trouble makers, we have had from time to time, will actually respect them more and pull their heads in.
:wink:

Sorry about my picture throwing it off balance. After you've had a look at what i mean Harmon, you can delete it.
:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby lola » 11 Feb 2008 13:53

exactly same screen issue over here! :wink:
lola
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Harmon » 11 Feb 2008 13:53

Muppet, what resolution are you running your computer on? Also, do you have your window maximized on your screen? Unless you have the window open to at least the size of the width of our header image it is going to appear that way... regardless, I may need to size it down.

How many of us are having this issue? Thanks!
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Darkgothicangel » 11 Feb 2008 13:57

I guess it's working fine for me. :P
Still trying to get used to all the new features though. :wink:
What the wicked dreads will overtake him,
What the righteous desire will be granted.
Darkgothicangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Muppet » 11 Feb 2008 14:02

Yeah mine is maximised. I have it on 1024 x 768 pixels. I hope that is what you meant for resolution.
What should i set it at?
Does using Explorer make a difference?
Seriously, i have no idea about the real terms but in my mind i know what i'm doing... Does that make sense..? Or at least i like to think i know what i'm doing!
:P
Correct me if i need it!
:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Next

Return to Board Announcements :: Site Updates!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts