Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Iron Maiden

Discuss other bands, albums, and tours inside this forum.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 23 Sep 2013 02:54

Sooooo how many fans do we have on here that also love the band Iron Maiden??

about to watch the live stream of Rock In Rio.....sooo wishing I was there!! :headbang :headbang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEEcvj6X_h4
2013 Avantasia Tour:- 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Japan
2014 Edguy Tour:- Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
2016 Avantasia Tour - 2 x Pratteln, Saarbrucken, Ludwigsburg, Fulda
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Thierry » 23 Sep 2013 21:28

You can find some there I suppose ;)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=523&hilit=maiden&start=140
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 24 Sep 2013 07:55

Thierry wrote:You can find some there I suppose ;)

http://edguy.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f ... &start=140

I did look at that.....but thought it hasn't been posted in, in almost 6 years! :lol:

But if its easier, you can delete this one and I will merge my posting into that one :)
easy peasy for me! :)
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Thierry » 24 Sep 2013 16:30

Well, it's not about being easier, but let's say I try (insist on the word "try") on keeping the amount of topics to a reasonable number by avoiding double-triple ones. I had started merging topics, but never led my quest to the end... yet :P
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Carynara » 27 Sep 2013 21:15

Eddie's Bitch wrote:Sooooo how many fans do we have on here that also love the band Iron Maiden??

Me! Me! *jumps up and down* :headbang

Eddie's Bitch wrote:about to watch the live stream of Rock In Rio.....sooo wishing I was there!! :headbang :headbang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEEcvj6X_h4

Did it work for you? It flipped me off :(

As for Maiden, I never thought I'd ever say this, but... I love them but I sort of feel their time is over. Bruce is my ultimate "goosebump voice", he is absolutely perfect, and I really like and respect him as a person as well. Maiden's music has lasted me a very long time, a decade, actually. But I think they ended being Maiden with Brave New World. After that they seem to have focused more on reinforcing what they already built: touring the world like crazy - I don't think any other band has done such extensive tours on such colossal scale - playing the same songs over and over again, resurrecting entire tours from the '80s... Which is all very nice, I enjoyed every minute I listened to them, live or iPod.

But... when Avantasia comes to your life, it just takes over and there's nothing you can do about it :D Total brainwash for me, in the best possible sense.
Tutto vantià, solo vanità
Vivete con gioia e semplicità
Carynara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Carynara » 03 Sep 2014 12:59

Maiden at Rock am Ring: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exSW4PSJeww

Bruce doesn't look too happy with the crowd :S From 40:52 he looks like he's not really enjoying the gig... or maybe he was just thinking about what note to hit next :)
Carynara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 05 Sep 2014 06:44

went back and watched it from that time....it was right before the solos of TNOTB :D
MMmmmmmm Janick! :headbang

Brought back memories of the same song in Birmingham in 2011 when all the guitars cut out simultaneously at the end of the song so the last part (starting with "Im coming back...") was just drums and Bruce! :lol:
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Larissa » 10 Sep 2014 10:30

Maiden got me started on Metal. I will always love them for it.
Actually, my dad got me started, because he listened to Maiden :) .
Anyway ...
Number of the Beast was my first Metal album and I was a huge fan until Brave New World.
After that, it seemed they were only doing epic and looong songs. I missed the old connection and tingling sensation in my stomach. Nowadays I only listen to the old songs.
Bruce is still my benchmark when it comes to vocals / singers.
Him and Jorn Lande.

And I have a lot of fond memories of Maiden concerts. Almost getting crushed in first row because about five thousand people pushed me into the metal barrier ... :D
Only concert I was ever close to breaking anything. My ribs in that case.

Bruce is also the only one from Maiden I ever met in real life. During his solo-tour for Chemical Wedding.

Maybe you can suggest a few newer songs that you really like, so I can try to get back into the game.
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Carynara » 10 Sep 2014 21:10

Larissa wrote:Bruce is also the only one from Maiden I ever met in real life. During his solo-tour for Chemical
Wedding

You guys are super lucky to have met him!!! I wish I met him one day... just to let him know that even after being his fan for 10 years, his voice still gives me goosebumps, literally! I have never heard a voice comparable to his. The only person who had a similar effect on me is Philip Quast, although from a totally different genre.

As for new songs, frankly, I lost track after Brave New World... Not a big fan of the latest albums, I prefer the classics and some tracks of Bruce's solo work are just amazing. Navigate the Seas of the Sun or Arc of Space make my day every time I listen to them!
Carynara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Larissa » 16 Sep 2014 10:25

As for new songs, frankly, I lost track after Brave New World...

A lot of people say that (including myself).
Seems to be the divider for some reason.

As for meeting Bruce Dickinson ...
Pretty sure it will be a one-time event in my life :) .
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Carynara » 22 Sep 2014 05:03

Larissa wrote:
As for new songs, frankly, I lost track after Brave New World...

A lot of people say that (including myself).
Seems to be the divider for some reason.

Yeah, well, in my opinion they are just no Maiden-ish enough. Somehow the new style sounds too modern and far from what I consider the core Maiden sound. There are a couple of great songs I like on DoD and MoLD, like Pashendale, and Out of the Shadows, but The Final Frontier is totally balnk in my head. Listened to it twice maybe, didn't make any impression - I'd much rather go back to the classics.
Dunno what happened with their song writing style, maybe they ran out of inspiration or something. After numerous ablbums and decades of prolific activity, this would by no means be a surprise or a reason to blame them.

What I'll always respect in them is that even if they don't produce anything new they put a lot of effort into taking their existing works all around the world for everyone to see/hear. That's really big from Maiden I think. They realise how much ppl still love them and don't just kick back and enjoy the fruits of their labour, but keep on going - they could easily do whatever the hell they like, yet this is what they prefer to do to please their fans.
Carynara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 23 Mar 2017 09:08

Carynara wrote:What I'll always respect in them is that even if they don't produce anything new they put a lot of effort into taking their existing works all around the world for everyone to see/hear. That's really big from Maiden I think. They realise how much ppl still love them and don't just kick back and enjoy the fruits of their labour, but keep on going - they could easily do whatever the hell they like, yet this is what they prefer to do to please their fans.

Ironically I am not a big fan of their latest album....Some songs are great sure, but overall, I find the album on the weak side.

BUT....like you say, I do love that they keep on ticking on and playing sold out show after sold out show! No rest for the wicked I guess! :lol: :lol:
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Return to Other Band Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts