Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Christmas Music

Discuss other bands, albums, and tours inside this forum.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Jarhara » 28 Nov 2016 16:32

I've just taken a look at my Christmas playlist from last year and to my suprise there are already a few "Avantasians" on it
Joe Lynn Turner singing "Rocking around the Christmas Tree" and Geoff Tate singing "Silver Bells" (also, why didn't i think his voice was familliar when i heard him on Ghostlights? i've been listening to this song for the last 3 christmases...)
well... what i wanted to ask, does anyone of you have some Christmas songs to recomand to me?
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 29 Nov 2016 07:17

Hmmmm.....
*thinking*

I don't actually have the 'rock' Christmas carol thing happening at my house. With us it is tradition to have Dean Martin playing or something like Andrea Bocelli. While at my brother's for Christmas lunch it is usually country.

Sorry, i'm not much help at all.
:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 29 Nov 2016 18:38

i have some country on my playlist, too. as well as classic christmas songs. and i have an entire album of star wars christmas songs (totaly nerdy, i know)
it doesn´t have to be rock as long as it´s good ^^
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 30 Nov 2016 10:41

Jarhara wrote: and i have an entire album of star wars christmas songs (totaly nerdy, i know)

I can't even begin to imagine what that sounds like.
Off to Youtube to check it out, once i post this response!
:lol:

Jarhara wrote: it doesn´t have to be rock as long as it´s good ^^

That pretty much sums up my entire musical collection/taste.
As long as i like it, i buy/listen to it.
:P
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 30 Nov 2016 15:37

Muppet wrote:Off to Youtube to check it out, once i post this response!

the album is kinda hard to find, most of the videos have been taken down.. but i found this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL48kxp7t6vm9yFz9Dd0oVzCaiKflKvAgz

Muppet wrote:That pretty much sums up my entire musical collection/taste.
As long as i like it, i buy/listen to it.

naahh, not quite.. i usually can't stand certain types of pop, hip-hop or electronic... only a few german singing bands have good lyrics... and there are some types of metal that i just can't stand
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 01 Dec 2016 04:06

Jarhara wrote:the album is kinda hard to find, most of the videos have been taken down.. but i found this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL48kxp7t6vm9yFz9Dd0oVzCaiKflKvAgz

Ohhh, thank you!
:D

Jarhara wrote:naahh, not quite.. i usually can't stand certain types of pop, hip-hop or electronic... only a few german singing bands have good lyrics... and there are some types of metal that i just can't stand

Oh don't worry, there is quite a few musical styles i dislike very much. Gangster Rap being right at the top. I truly can NOT stand it and how/what it has evolved into these days. Also the real hardcore metal stuff. Cookie monster vocals just grate on my ears and nerves in the worst way possible. I get very tense and annoyed when i hear it. Same goes for grunge... So f*cking negative and depressing!!!
*bangs head against the desk top in protest*

BUT i do listen to lot's of different musical styles. I would say i listen mostly to Rock, Metal and Country the most. I have such a weakness for Country Men/Cowboys!!! A wholesome guy in boots and a hat that knows his way around nature and animals gets me, every time... I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact i first lost my heart/virginity to a metal loving country boy?
:oops: :oops: :oops:

ANYWAY, i also love classical and pop. I enjoy pop music and listen to quite a bit of that at times too. It's fun and extremely lighthearted... I don't have to think, just react and bop along mindlessly. Same goes for Disco and R'n'B... Oh my god, i used to bump and grind like no one's business back in the clubs!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheer :cheer :cheer
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 01 Dec 2016 09:34

Muppet wrote:
BUT i do listen to lot's of different musical styles. I would say i listen mostly to Rock, Metal and Country the most. I have such a weakness for Country Men/Cowboys!!!

oh yes,... people always look at me funny, when i tell them how much i love Johnny Cash (mostly his later work)...
but let me recomand you my favourit country-christmas song (that is, if you don't already know it)
Johnny Cash "that Christmassy Feeling": https://youtu.be/McPa-C21Q8g
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 13 Dec 2016 05:31

I did know that JC Christmas song, I hadn't heard it in ages though.

I tell you what though, Christmas shopping is painful when they have Christina Aguilera singing Christmas songs...
A song that normally goes for 3 minutes goes for close to 10 minutes because of all her runs and trills!
PAINFUL!!!

For some reason, the Little Drummer Boy song always makes me choke up and get teary.
I have no idea why but it always has for as long as i can remember.
I must have a repressed memory or something!

JOKING!!!
:P

I honestly have no idea why that song gets me emotional.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby loos » 26 Mar 2017 15:44

Maybe I am sentimental or sth but during the Christmas time I am listening to old good music of Sinatra and other legendary guys from the Golden Era of 40', 50' and 60'. Nothing can replace this magical sound.
To want to, is to be able to.
loos
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Return to Other Band Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts