Edguy & Avantasia Forums

bands u saw

Discuss other bands, albums, and tours inside this forum.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Aywen » 16 Nov 2013 11:00

Tellus Requiem (was okay), Revamp (was.. okay.. not my thing) and Kamelot (was fantastic)!! :cheer
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Toradh » 16 Nov 2013 12:08

Aywen wrote:Tellus Requiem (was okay), Revamp (was.. okay.. not my thing) and Kamelot (was fantastic)!! :cheer

Ah, so you went on the tour, too! Glad you enjoyed it :). I saw the show on tuesday and it was the fucking best concert of my life together with the Finntroll/Tyr/Skálmöld show in september :).

I actually enjoyed ReVamp, although I didn't know them before. Floor Jansen is a flawless human being. My friend got ReVamp's setlist signed by her and a photo with her :).
I got a Kamelot shirt and poster and the happiest 2 minutes of my whole life or so :D (I managed to show Tommy and Oliver a painting I did. I was so fucking proud that only thinking of the concert makes me smile all the time).

The Kamelot guys are really really nice, very grateful for their fans' support, and you can just feel that they have as much fun on the stage as we had in front of it.
Though I wished I had known that it was possible to buy VIP tickets BEFORE THE concert.

Anyway, I highly recommend Kamelot live!
Toradh
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 16 Nov 2013 12:35

Toradh wrote:
Aywen wrote:Tellus Requiem (was okay), Revamp (was.. okay.. not my thing) and Kamelot (was fantastic)!! :cheer

Ah, so you went on the tour, too! Glad you enjoyed it :). I saw the show on tuesday and it was the fucking best concert of my life together with the Finntroll/Tyr/Skálmöld show in september :).

I actually enjoyed ReVamp, although I didn't know them before. Floor Jansen is a flawless human being. My friend got ReVamp's setlist signed by her and a photo with her :).
I got a Kamelot shirt and poster and the happiest 2 minutes of my whole life or so :D (I managed to show Tommy and Oliver a painting I did. I was so fucking proud that only thinking of the concert makes me smile all the time).

The Kamelot guys are really really nice, very grateful for their fans' support, and you can just feel that they have as much fun on the stage as we had in front of it.
Though I wished I had known that it was possible to buy VIP tickets BEFORE THE concert.

Anyway, I highly recommend Kamelot live!

Oh, so that was Floor? I knew the band existed but that was pretty much it. They/she were very much appreciated by most of the crowd and I thought that was nice for them, they were obviously having a good time so that's cool! I don't like female singers in metal in general, somehow I feel it just doesn't fit the music. I can't appreciate it most of the time, but that's just my taste :)

What, you can actually buy those VIP tickets? :o I entered this guitar give-away thing to get them, but of course I didn't win. I never do :lol: At least I made the chance to win smaller for others by joining in :razz I thought that was fine as I couldn't stay until the end anyway, due to stupid public transport. Oh well! It was a great evening. And we were being filmed for a documentary :eek
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Toradh » 16 Nov 2013 13:41

Aywen wrote:Oh, so that was Floor? I knew the band existed but that was pretty much it. They/she were very much appreciated by most of the crowd and I thought that was nice for them, they were obviously having a good time so that's cool! I don't like female singers in metal in general, somehow I feel it just doesn't fit the music. I can't appreciate it most of the time, but that's just my taste :)

I tend to prefer male voices, too, but that doesn't mean I could not enjoy female fronted Metal, too. And, honestly, it doesn't matter if they growl :D. So I really enjoyed their performance.

What, you can actually buy those VIP tickets?

I only learned that right before the show, so it didn't help. It would have been 25 extra € to upgrade a regular ticket. But next time I'll make sure I'll buy one!

:o I entered this guitar give-away thing to get them, but of course I didn't win. I never do :lol: At least I made the chance to win smaller for others by joining in :razz I thought that was fine as I couldn't stay until the end anyway, due to stupid public transport. Oh well! It was a great evening. And we were being filmed for a documentary :eek

Hm, bad luck :(. But it's cool that you were filmed! Let me know where to look out for you in case the documentary gets published!
Oh and the VIP people were led in for the meet and greet before the rest of the crowd, not after the show. I gnarled my teeth at that because it obviously allowed the VIP people to take the best spots in front of the stage, but there were so few people (middle of the week, no holidays…) that it luckily didn't matter. I was in second or first row all the time even without a VIP ticket, so it worked out fine for me in the end :).
Toradh
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 16 Nov 2013 18:54

Toradh wrote:I tend to prefer male voices, too, but that doesn't mean I could not enjoy female fronted Metal, too. And, honestly, it doesn't matter if they growl :D. So I really enjoyed their performance.

No that's true, one does not exclude the other :)

Toradh wrote:
What, you can actually buy those VIP tickets?

I only learned that right before the show, so it didn't help. It would have been 25 extra € to upgrade a regular ticket. But next time I'll make sure I'll buy one!

Oh that is getting expensive.. I don't think I would have done that if I had known about it on time. I'm probably too shy to say anything so I would be paying to make a fool of myself and say nothing :P I would have liked to give them a silly gift but I don't know if that will be appreciated.

Toradh wrote:Hm, bad luck :(. But it's cool that you were filmed! Let me know where to look out for you in case the documentary gets published!
Oh and the VIP people were led in for the meet and greet before the rest of the crowd, not after the show. I gnarled my teeth at that because it obviously allowed the VIP people to take the best spots in front of the stage, but there were so few people (middle of the week, no holidays…) that it luckily didn't matter. I was in second or first row all the time even without a VIP ticket, so it worked out fine for me in the end :).

Nice! Good that you had an equal chance at that :)
I was at the front of the balcony upstairs. No chance of things being thrown at our heads (which is both a good and bad thing :D), but we had a perfect view from there!
You can not see me in this photo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater but I'm standing at the top left, at the part where you can barely see anything due to the lights. I'm wearing a red and black striped shirt, that should stand out a bit. :) We counted how many checkered shirts there were and we started counting the stripes too :lol:
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Toradh » 16 Nov 2013 20:58

Aywen wrote:I was at the front of the balcony upstairs. No chance of things being thrown at our heads (which is both a good and bad thing :D), but we had a perfect view from there!
You can not see me in this photo: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater but I'm standing at the top left, at the part where you can barely see anything due to the lights. I'm wearing a red and black striped shirt, that should stand out a bit. :) We counted how many checkered shirts there were and we started counting the stripes too :lol:

Truth be told, I see only tiny faces on that photo :P.
Cool shot, though! I imagine that must be really nice standing there and having a good view over the whole stage, but then again… standing in front of the band is so cool, too! "Luckily" we didn't even have the choice as our venue has no balconies :D. And it's so small that I got worried Tommy might bump his head into the ceiling during March of Mephisto :D.

I just realised some nice people put videos of our show online… Hey, nice, here's March of Mephisto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOy_ejH4HQc
Seriously, poor Tommy, barely able to stand up :P.
Toradh
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 16 Nov 2013 22:23

Haha maybe that wasn't the best place to raise the platform! And why didn't they do that sooner?? I missed that part because I had to catch my train :sob: Which was delayed so I could have seen that maybe, had I known the train would be late :sob: I would have loved to see/hear that one myself!
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Toradh » 17 Nov 2013 10:46

Aywen wrote:Haha maybe that wasn't the best place to raise the platform! And why didn't they do that sooner?? I missed that part because I had to catch my train :sob: Which was delayed so I could have seen that maybe, had I known the train would be late :sob: I would have loved to see/hear that one myself!

The ceiling is so low everywhere, so it wouldn't have helped to raise it anywhere else.
March of Mephisto was in the encore and they only used the platform for that song… I'm sorry to hear that you had to miss that part :(. Maybe you can find videos of your show online, too? Sure, it doesn't replace the experience of being there, but maybe it's better than nothing.
I just downloaded the videos from my show as souvenirs :).
Toradh
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 17 Nov 2013 10:59

I had to leave when they started playing the official last song. Actually we had to leave a lot earlier but decided to take the later train :razz So it's okay, I've seen most of the show! I guess I'll have to buy that dvd when it comes out. Untill then, I'll follow your example ;)
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Toradh » 17 Nov 2013 14:18

Aywen wrote:I had to leave when they started playing the official last song. Actually we had to leave a lot earlier but decided to take the later train :razz So it's okay, I've seen most of the show! I guess I'll have to buy that dvd when it comes out. Untill then, I'll follow your example ;)

There'll be a DVD? I so want one! Okay, I still have to buy On a Cold Winter's Night, but seriously, with this band, two live DVDs don't hurt.
Please tell me they played EdenEcho at your show, because that was my personal highlight out of many very good performances and it's a pity nobody put it online!
Toradh
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 17 Nov 2013 14:32

Toradh wrote:
Aywen wrote:I had to leave when they started playing the official last song. Actually we had to leave a lot earlier but decided to take the later train :razz So it's okay, I've seen most of the show! I guess I'll have to buy that dvd when it comes out. Untill then, I'll follow your example ;)

There'll be a DVD? I so want one! Okay, I still have to buy On a Cold Winter's Night, but seriously, with this band, two live DVDs don't hurt.
Please tell me they played EdenEcho at your show, because that was my personal highlight out of many very good performances and it's a pity nobody put it online!

I think so, why else would they film it :-? it was for a documentary, I hope that doesn't mean boring blahblah.
Yes, they played Eden Echo! :) And Forever which seemed to last Forever :lol:
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Toradh » 17 Nov 2013 14:44

Aywen wrote:
Toradh wrote:There'll be a DVD? I so want one! Okay, I still have to buy On a Cold Winter's Night, but seriously, with this band, two live DVDs don't hurt.

I think so, why else would they film it :-? it was for a documentary, I hope that doesn't mean boring blahblah.
Yes, they played Eden Echo! :) And Forever which seemed to last Forever :lol:

Sometimes interviews, recordings and documentaries don't get official releases, so you can never know. But I like documentaries, so yes please! *want*

EdenEcho is rarely in their setlist, and even during this tour, they did not always play it, so I was happy they played it for us.

And I think it's an unwritten rule that the "audience sing along" part is included in Forever. Even Khan did it like that and so does Tommy. I don't mind. It's a great song and I love performances with a lot of band-audience interaction. Although I was kinda scared when Tommy made us repeat what he sang and I just thought "WTF I can't sing that, you have no idea how bad a singer I am! I don't hit a single tune! The only thing I can do is shriek and scream!", but he didn't seem to mind :P. Tommy is awesome. He's such a good singer and such a nice guy, there's very good chemistry between him and the audience.
Toradh
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby joshuarain » 18 Nov 2013 15:57

Actually they recorded the show here in Holland just to have some footage for a documentary indeed, no idea why not a full on live dvd, they have been talking about recording a dutch show for dvd release since 2009 and still it hasnt happened, they informed at somebody I know (and they know) what would be a good filming venue in Holland, that person answered Heinenen music hall but I think 013 would be just as great and it wouldnt be the first time a band recorded a dvd there.
joshuarain
SavageApprentice
SavageApprentice

Postby Toradh » 19 Nov 2013 17:00

joshuarain wrote:Actually they recorded the show here in Holland just to have some footage for a documentary indeed, no idea why not a full on live dvd, they have been talking about recording a dutch show for dvd release since 2009 and still it hasnt happened, they informed at somebody I know (and they know) what would be a good filming venue in Holland, that person answered Heinenen music hall but I think 013 would be just as great and it wouldnt be the first time a band recorded a dvd there.

That would be awesome :)
Toradh
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 01 Feb 2014 12:37

Since I last posted in here, I have seen Bon Jovi and Steel Panther! :headbang

In the support was Kid Rock.....he was different! :lol:

Although I enjoyed Bon Jovi, I went mainly to cross off the list, seeing one of the bands I grew up with from a young age.....ahhh but Steel Panther!!

My Lordie that was an entertaining show! :headbang
2013 Avantasia Tour:- 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Japan
2014 Edguy Tour:- Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
2016 Avantasia Tour - 2 x Pratteln, Saarbrucken, Ludwigsburg, Fulda
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby nightangel » 16 Mar 2014 09:54

Edguy - Frankfurt Music Fair 14. March 2014
Freedom Call - Aschaffenburg 15. March 2014 (was a great athmosphere) :D
Souls Alive Official Unisonic Fanclub
http://www.unisonicfanclub.com/

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com
nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby camroundabout » 21 Mar 2014 14:34

Saw Dream Theater last night at Massey Hall in Toronto. It was an "evening with" show: no openers, three hours of music. And three hours have no right to pass as quickly as they did. As this year marks the 20th anniversary of Awake and the 15th of Scenes From A Memory, they played a bunch of songs from those albums, including Space Dye Vest and Finally Free.

Also, they played three good hours in Toronto and James didn't make a single Rob Ford joke. I'm mildly proud of him. :P
Like action-packed sci-fi? Check out my books! http://thegamerslookingglass.com/?page_id=370
camroundabout
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby nightangel » 18 Apr 2014 13:37

Gamma Ray - Aschaffenburg April 2014
Gamma Ray - Köln April 2014

nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby nightangel » 25 Apr 2014 12:11

nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby nightangel » 07 May 2014 10:50

Pretty Maids - Aschaffenburg 6.05.2014 8)

nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

PreviousNext

Return to Other Band Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts