Edguy & Avantasia Forums

[band] Nightwish

Discuss other bands, albums, and tours inside this forum.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Promised Land » 02 Oct 2012 16:36

Master of Babylon wrote:I really couldn't care less about this band. They have some great songs, but it was never the singer who was responsible for the brilliance of the songs, so I don't care who sings.
I just really think they should try a male voice.

Never happen.. their rabid fans barely accepted Anette, because she couldnt sing operatic vocals. Like they'd accept a male lead?

Nightwish with a guy fronting the band would never have been anything else but just another symphonic metal band.
"Thierry" is French for "Buys lots of pandora bracelets using cheap wow gold"..

Time won't wait for those who stay behind to wait for time..
Promised Land
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Master of Babylon » 02 Oct 2012 16:44

They always were nothing else to me than a symphonic metal band. I mean, I can think of more annoying opera-voices combined with symphonic metal than a male lead in a symphonic metal band.
When I hear symphonic metal, I think of stuff like Nightwish and ALL THE 5000 OTHER annoying "female fronted" bands.
It's Tobi, not Toby
Master of Babylon
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Muppet » 02 Oct 2012 17:14

Promised Land wrote:You think they got into a big fight after she complained on her blog about how they replaced her with Alissa and Elize just to play the show in Denver while she had the flu?

I think that was just the icing on the cake. She has struggled the whole time with her health and also from time to time with the demands of touring vs her family commitments.
She has also, always been very public about her troubles with the other guys too, when small niggly things haven't gone entirely to her liking. Little snide remarks here and there and every tiny thing had to go through her management. I don't think they were ever as close as they tried to make the public believe.
I'm not surprised at all that she quit or that they fired her. I'm more inclined to think she quit as they wanted to replace her for another show or possibly even the remainder of the US tour, due to her illness but she decided to walk instead. Either way, i'm not surprised at all this happened... In fact i was just waiting patiently for it to happen due to her ever growing ego and vanity. It really did go to her head and from my own experiences with her, she had the type of personality that was 'never wrong' and would never admit that someone else knew better than her or that perhaps she needed to compromise and/or apologise.
I did enjoy the 2 albums she did with Nightwish though. But good luck to both her and Nightwish in their own endeavors.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby MaxPower » 02 Oct 2012 17:37

So, I was actually at this concert in Denver that lead to Anette leaving. I must say it was an interesting experience. One thing I haven't seen the press say is Elize and Allisa actually only sang on the 4 or 5 songs they kinda knew. Most of the concert was just an instrumental, or "karaoke" version of Nightwish songs. It made for a very one of a kind concert. I must say though, I find it to be a silly reason for Anette to leave. This was just everyone trying to make the best of a bad situation. Still, I hope everything works out for her, and the band of course, in the future!
Ride Into the Shadows
The Piper Never Dies

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pag ... nfo&ref=ts
MaxPower
SavageApprentice
SavageApprentice

Postby Immortal Piper » 03 Oct 2012 01:00

Master of Babylon wrote:I really couldn't care less about this band. They have some great songs, but it was never the singer who was responsible for the brilliance of the songs, so I don't care who sings.
I just really think they should try a male voice.

This is a tightly kept corporal secret, but Nightwish actually has a male vocalist. Rumors tell that he's pretty damn good, as well.
Last edited by Immortal Piper on 03 Oct 2012 09:09, edited 1 time in total.
The only meaning of life, is to give life meaning!
Immortal Piper
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Master of Babylon » 03 Oct 2012 07:13

I meant as lead singer. Only singer. And well, I don't really like Hietala's voice.
It's Tobi, not Toby
Master of Babylon
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby nightangel » 03 Oct 2012 16:25

Here are live songs with Floor in good quality:

Storytime:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HTPPk1vaqA

Dead to the World:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yynmbW1fz4s

Amaranth:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTA48yvyi5A

Hmmm, I don't know exactly if I like it or not. I generally have problems if a band changes their singer, because then also the personality changes. But a band changing their singer more than once and this was probably not their last change..... :roll:

It is also interesting that Floor seem to have learned most lyrics within one day. I don't see her singing with a paper. So probably this was already planned for a longer time. :roll:
Souls Alive Official Unisonic Fanclub
http://www.unisonicfanclub.com/

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com
nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Thierry » 03 Oct 2012 16:30

I've just (when I mean "just", that was 5 minutes ago ^^ ) read a friend on Facebook quoting the official NW forum quoting (you're still there? :D ) a phone-interview Floor gave a Dutch radio.

Actually, she was meant to join NW, but later on, for the dates in November or December. So actually, I do think she started to practice the songs.

And on a more "fan-ish" side, I really like what I listened so far. Not completely in tune, but hey! That was her first gig with them + I don't think she had a real touring schedule with ReVamp.
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby nightangel » 03 Oct 2012 19:49

Thierry wrote:
Actually, she was meant to join NW, but later on, for the dates in November or December. So actually, I do think she started to practice the songs.

Ahh yes, that makes somehow more sense. So I think it was planned to replace Anette, maybe after the US Tour. The question is still for which reason:

1. they wanted to return to the old sound which Anette was not capable?
2. they had internal band problems?
3. Anette had/has severe health problems?

Maybe we will find out in future interviews. :roll:

And yes I know that a first show is not perfect, but it's still not so easy for me to identify with another voice in a band that I like. It was a hard time when they changed from Tarja to Anette and now another change... :roll: Nightwish will probably return a little bit to the old material with Floor, but we will see if this works out. :roll:
Souls Alive Official Unisonic Fanclub
http://www.unisonicfanclub.com/

Michael Kiske Official Fanclub
http://www.kiskefanclub.com
nightangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Thierry » 03 Oct 2012 19:54

I'd vote for 2 and 3. 8)
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 04 Oct 2012 03:37

Thierry wrote:I'd vote for 2 and 3. 8)

I concur!
:lol:

But i'm sure over time we (fans) will all be given many truths about what happened and even then it still won't be the whole truth... Even tell all books don't tell it all... We just all have to wait and see how it works into our likes and dislikes over time with what Nightwish do next. That's all one can do when it is out of your control.
:)

The best thing out of all this for me, is that it has kick started me listening to all things Floor again which i hadn't really been listening to for a while as i have been off metal completely recently. Loving coming back to her music and amazing vocal abilities.
:woohoo:

I really DO hope Floor comes with them down to Australia.
*big hopeful puppy dog eyes*
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 04 May 2013 02:24

I really don't know whether to throw myself into the thick of these arguments/debates or not! :lol:

I have seen Nightwish 3 times with Floor at the helm, and I must say, she has stepped up to the plate marvellously !! I hope she stays in the band on a permanent basis :)

2013 Avantasia Tour:- 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Japan
2014 Edguy Tour:- Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
2016 Avantasia Tour - 2 x Pratteln, Saarbrucken, Ludwigsburg, Fulda
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Re:

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 09 May 2013 07:13

Manu wrote:"Once" is their most interesting album for me. Try the song "Ghost Love Score", fantastic song with great orchestra stuff.

got to experience this song live earlier in the year......AMAZING!!!! :headbang
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Carynara » 07 Jun 2013 07:53

Wow, I'm so behind on Nightwish news! I thought they were still working with Anette :eek
OK so this is the new girl huh? She looks the part all right, I'll give you that :) It's hard to tell from these vids but she seems to have the voice for it, too.
One thing that strikes me though is the total lack of coherence with the others... As if there was Nightwish on the stage, plus this girl - she doesn't seem to be part of the group yet. Hopefully she'll stick around and they'll get used to each other which will show in their stage presence as well.

And her name is really "Floor"...? :eek

I hate to see Nightwish struggling with these singers :( I think they did an amazing job during the Wishmaster era, it's just so sad to see them loosing ground. I understand they had to let Tarja go (from what I've read and heard she seems to be a real b*tch, good riddance), but I wish they would find a suitable and permanent replacement soon.
Tutto vantià, solo vanità
Vivete con gioia e semplicità
Carynara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 07 Jun 2013 08:08

Carynara wrote:And her name is really "Floor"...? :eek .

That's not a strange name at all! If I tell you it's related to 'flower', does it still sound bad?
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 07 Jun 2013 10:13

Carynara wrote:

Wow, I'm so behind on Nightwish news! I thought they were still working with Anette :eek
OK so this is the new girl huh? She looks the part all right, I'll give you that :) It's hard to tell from these vids but she seems to have the voice for it, too.
One thing that strikes me though is the total lack of coherence with the others... As if there was Nightwish on the stage, plus this girl - she doesn't seem to be part of the group yet. Hopefully she'll stick around and they'll get used to each other which will show in their stage presence as well.

And her name is really "Floor"...? :eek

I hate to see Nightwish struggling with these singers :( I think they did an amazing job during the Wishmaster era, it's just so sad to see them loosing ground. I understand they had to let Tarja go (from what I've read and heard she seems to be a real b*tch, good riddance), but I wish they would find a suitable and permanent replacement soon.

I've only seen NW 3 times and only recently, but I can tell u, Floor interacts quite well with the band while on stage! :)

Will have to dig through some of my pics :D
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 07 Jun 2013 10:15

From January this year :)