Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Forum Update - Rules Regulations - Please Read

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Harmon » 04 Jan 2003 11:08

Savages,
I hope you all had a pleasant and prosperous holiday season! This post is to serve as a repost and reminder of the general rules & regulations of the forums that are in addition to the general F.A.Q. section which is linked at the top of each of the pages. For all you newer savages please take a bit of time and have a read through them. I’ll now take just a brief amount of your time & give you a quick update on the state of the forums. As many of you know, I’ve been planning on upgrading to the newest version of phpbb for about a month. Because of some upgrade issues / problems I haven’t been able to complete the upgrade as of yet. I’ve had to find out some information and instructions on how to pull it off precisely right, and now it’s just a matter of time before the upgrade is initiated; thank you for your patience as it’s right around the corner!

Because of some bizarre recent events here at the forums I’ve decided to add an additional Administrator, Wei, to our forum administration team. Wei will be assisting me in the overall overseeing of the forums…she’ll be sort of acting as another set of eyes along with mine. If any of you see anything out of the ordinary happening at the forums or have any questions or concerns feel free to relay those over to us, your Administrators; thanks.

Now, onto the additional regulations:

1) For any general questions about how these forums operate please use the FAQ link above. This section will tell you most of what you need to know to lose your mind here at the forums. If you have any questions feel free to private message the moderators or one of the administrators.

2) Repetitive Topics - Before you make a post have a look through the topics and make sure that there isn't already a thread discussing what you're about to post. If there is already one, get in there and get to discussing. Posting on older topics will not only bring them back to life, but will also keep the moderators from having to delete the repetitive posts that are posted. Simple enough?

3) Topics and all posts must be posted in English. We want to keep posts in English so hopefully the majority of us Savages can read and post without having to rummage through non-English posts. The other reason we ask this of you all is the fact that the moderators must be able to moderate their forums. If a post is in a language they don't understand that can be difficult to do; thanks for the understanding and if you have any comments or concerns don’t hesitate to let an administrator know. Post in English - it's just that simple.

4) Housecleaning - administrators & moderators occasionally will search through the forums and be deleting posts that we deem necessary to be deleted. Of course, we want to keep these deletions as few as possible as to preserve your invaluable rank status. (don't worry...we're thinking about you) Paying attention to this post when you make a post will help in keeping your topics & posts alive and well!

5) Private Messages - if you're a user of the Private Messages service on the forums please be considerate and delete any and all messages that you deem old or outdated. The less garbage we have floating around in the database the better the forums run for the all of us. Keep in mind, private messages aren't meant to be like e-mail, but just a quick way to say "hi" when you don't want all of us other Savages to see! If you have questions, simply ask.

6) The Edguys' Participation - as many of you know the past months have seen three of the edguys answer your questions here at the forums. I sincerely hope you all enjoyed the experience and thanks for paying attention to the guidelines we put in place; I think those sessions went really well! I'm working on seeing that the other guys get in here and get tortured from you all as well. Of course, when I have everything confirmed and in place I'll let you all know in plenty of time to consider your questions and whatnot. And for those who have participated in the past "Ask Edguy" sessions; thanks for your participation!

Thanks for your time and hope to talk to you all soon! :cool:
Last edited by Harmon on 09 Jan 2003 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Kulgan » 04 Jan 2003 12:01

You heard the man, delete all your posts!!

j/k you know :wink:
Kulgan
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Painkiller86 » 04 Jan 2003 14:15

I hear ya on that one...just deleted all my old private messages, and it was a BITCH, since the cookie thingy didnt work properly, me having to log in with nick and password for deleting each message...

jeje, gone they are now, anyway
Painkiller86
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby singerRAVEN » 10 Jan 2003 14:50

this is kinda strange coming back to brand new look. Oh well, its a nice look
singerRAVEN
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Lorena » 10 Jan 2003 20:46

It´s a nice look, but the letters are too small and makes hard to read the messages; couldn´t be bigger like before ???
Lorena
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Sesidhbana » 11 Jan 2003 09:18

@ Lorena : maybe you can change it on your web browser because it's big enough on my computer !

It looks great ! :D And with the preview I won't have to edit that often !!!
Sesidhbana
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Kulgan » 11 Jan 2003 16:15

I have to say that I don't like this....the new features are ok but my eyes hurt when I try to read the stuff posted....so I haven't made many posts since the upgrade....

I also have a hard time to see which topic goes with the last post made by bla bla....so I'd like some markings under each thread and a new colour scheme...

otherwise I like it :lol:
Kulgan
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Lorena » 11 Jan 2003 22:27

That´s right, it happens the same to me .
Lorena
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Painkiller86 » 14 Jan 2003 11:01

Aah...well, well...i can only say that with Opera 7.0, the fastest webbrowser on earth, it worx just FINE.

*sigh*

...when are people gonna realise? And as for the small letters thingy...well...Opera (!!!) has a built in function that zooms the window when you press the + button unless you have focus on a input field.
WHEN ARE PEOPLE GONNA REALISE???
Painkiller86
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Thierry » 14 Jan 2003 11:25

Maybe, but you know, PainKiller, not everyone has this "Opera" thing, so that's cool to have our Administrator taking care of small things...
(and don't tell me to install it, because it's not my computer, I'm going to the libraries here in England 'cos my beloved computer is in France!)
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Painkiller86 » 16 Jan 2003 07:03

Hehe, its ok, Thierry, i didnt mean it like that, its just that i have but two goals in this world:
1) Get as many ppl as possable into metal (which is workin pretty fine, really)
2) Spread the word of the greatest webbrowser ever, convincing everyone to download it (worx not quite as well, but ok)
Painkiller86
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Ragnarok » 30 Jan 2003 21:04

I think this place looks GREAT! I wish it were a tad more 800x600 friendly, but it still looks great g)
Ragnarok
SavageApprentice
SavageApprentice

Postby MetalJoe1977 » 30 Jan 2004 15:42

yeah, i have to agree! this is looking better and better :)
MetalJoe1977
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Edguylover » 12 Aug 2006 11:49

this is the good color of these discussion forums

thanks harmon :wink:
Seven eyes to be blind forever in time.....

Sign of the Cross!!!:P :P
Edguylover
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Location: Holland, in a very boring place called ''Apeldoorn'' so i like also ''Bunnyville''

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts