Edguy & Avantasia Forums

What are you doing right now?

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Aywen » 15 Mar 2016 19:13

:hug :hug :hug :hug
I'll let you know when you can tell me "I told you so!" ;)

Muppet wrote:
Anneke wrote:Wait, do you mean for real, or only on television? :o

I lost it at this! I couldn't stop laughing!!!
I sometimes wonder at the people around me and their plastic obsession... Maybe they are just robots getting a refurbishment!!!
:lol: :P

Haha! :D Maybe they are! It is beginning to look like it a bit with all the things we can alter about ourselves.

I am trying to decide what to do this evening, or even IF I still want to do something. Probably not. :P
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 16 Mar 2016 07:27

Aywen wrote::hug :hug :hug :hug
I'll let you know when you can tell me "I told you so!" ;)

Ohhhh, i'm just going to take the liberty of saying it in advance...
I TOLD YOU SO!!!

What am i doing right now? I'm just trying to stay out of the way. I'm not quite 'alone' where i am currently and i am just sitting quietly in a corner waiting for everyone to go to bed and then leave as they are leaving at some stupid hour during the night.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 25 Mar 2016 13:04

I'm going to bed!
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 25 Mar 2016 19:33

Muppet wrote:I'm going to bed!

What a marvelous ideidea *looks at the clock* 20:30, yep definitely bed time :p
Good night Muppet! :hug
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 07 Apr 2016 00:42

I was fast asleep but woke up from anxiety... WTF? I've never had that happen before. Now my heart and head are racing and i don't know what to do to switch them off. I don't even know why!?!
:( :( :(
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 11 Apr 2016 15:36

Muppet wrote:I was fast asleep but woke up from anxiety... WTF? I've never had that happen before. Now my heart and head are racing and i don't know what to do to switch them off. I don't even know why!?!
:( :( :(

I hope it didn't have anything to do with me? :( :hug
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 23 Apr 2016 16:21

Posting, surfing, and (not) preparing the Monday's resuming in class... :P
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Thierry » 26 Apr 2016 17:40

Checking if I can post. Seems like the forum is having some issues. :-?
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Aywen » 26 Apr 2016 19:11

Spending some time in my happy after-concert bubble :) sorting through the pictures (only 250 left after the first rough selection :P ), listening to Serenity and Serenity and little else, wasting my precious time making lists. Also searching for the next concert - my aim was to go to one each month this year. So far so good but nothing planned for the coming months yet. I'm discussing with myself whether events like Castlefest count. I don't usually go there for the bands, I treat them more as live background music. However it would make it easier to reach my goal :razz
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 27 Apr 2016 17:25

Thierry wrote:Checking if I can post. Seems like the forum is having some issues. :-?

I am Frankfurt Airport and can log in again Titi. It must have been my connection at the hotel. That sucked! That may explain why it kept trying to connect through to a server!

OMG my feet hurt!
:-\

Anyway, what am i doing right now? I'm bored shitless and have eaten and drunk myself stupid from boredom at the airport... Ok, not ate myself stupid, i just had a turkey sandwich BUT i have had too many coffees... Like TOO MANY!!! You know when you can hear your blood rushing through your veins kind of too many coffees? Yeah that! I swear i can hear a fly's wings flapping!!!

Why do my feet hurt so much?
:-\
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Darkgothicangel » 06 May 2016 00:24

Trying to sell things online.. on facebook.. and trying to make some more money.
What the wicked dreads will overtake him,
What the righteous desire will be granted.
Darkgothicangel
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Satan » 06 May 2016 00:30

Enjoying music from a friend's band (they are in Montreal, Quebec) :D

Here they are in one of their covers ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru55CoBm2Kg
SOULS FOR RENT !!
5$ a day !
Satan
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Muppet » 24 May 2016 12:10

FINALLY researching making plans to visit http://www.ashikaga.co.jp/english/index.html. I'm trying to convince my mum to come with me but she won't which is such a shame as she adores Wisterias!
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 24 Jun 2016 19:32

Sorting through the pictures of Alice Cooper's concert on monday. I had 450 photos, now 127 left... it's taking some time! :o
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 09 Jul 2016 16:50

Aywen wrote:Sorting through the pictures of Alice Cooper's concert on monday. I had 450 photos, now 127 left... it's taking some time! :o

Bah... That reminds me i need to finish off my trip pics BUT i'm so over it all!

Did you get through all those pictures? Did you post them on Facebook?
:)

What am i doing right now?
Wide awake at 2:47am and listening to 'The Storm: Eye of the Storm' album, kinda sound like a cross between Def leppard/Journey and i love this album, while doing some catch up on here.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 09 Jul 2016 21:51

Muppet wrote:
Aywen wrote:Sorting through the pictures of Alice Cooper's concert on monday. I had 450 photos, now 127 left... it's taking some time! :o

Bah... That reminds me i need to finish off my trip pics BUT i'm so over it all!

Did you get through all those pictures? Did you post them on Facebook?

Yes I did! Good luck with yours! When you get around to it ;) I'm sure they can wait a bit longer.
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 10 Jul 2016 09:18

Aywen wrote:Yes I did! Good luck with yours! When you get around to it ;) I'm sure they can wait a bit longer.

Ohhhh i have to go looking for them. I bet i have already seen and even liked them but have totally forgotten!
:P

And yeah... It CAN wait a bit longer indeed!
:lol:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Larissa » 11 Jul 2016 10:54

Sorting through the pictures of Alice Cooper's concert on monday. I had 450 photos, now 127 left... it's taking some time!

WOW !!
You are worse than me, Anneke :lol: .
I only had around 300 pics after the last Avantasia show.
450 is a lot!
How many of those can you actually use?
I normally only have twenty or thirty left that I really like.
The rest is blurry, to dark etc.

I realized the venue in Gießen, where I will see the next show, doesn't allow people to take pictures of the artists.
I will have to leave my camera at home.
This could be a blessing in disguise.
Finally, I can concentrate on the music and not on taking the best possible picture.
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Aywen » 16 Jul 2016 20:09

My record is 600 pictures in one evening... I think that was Hammerfall. Or the Kamelot show where I was a bit stuck middle front with way too many heads and arms in front of me. I could only see something through my camera!
Usually I keep 100-200 pictures, and I try to select about 30 of those to share. It's getting more of the same of course! Alice Cooper is a bit different because he was wearing different clothes and there was so much happening on stage! 300 pics left on my laptop and about 90 of those are on Facebook :)

Larissa wrote:Finally, I can concentrate on the music and not on taking the best possible picture.

Is that really nicer? :) I enjoy taking pictures too much. And looking through them afterwards. And making my photo album :D
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 01 Aug 2016 14:08

What am i doing right now?
I'm trying to work out a way to get my 'friend' to understand to move on from a guy she has been chasing for a while. But she just keeps making excuses and finds hope in the smallest of things. Do i keep trying to urge her to back away from him OR do i just let her go and let her waste even more time and energy on someone, who in my eyes, isn't interested in her?

Just a quick run down.

They work in the same building. The company has 3 floors and they are in different departments. They cross paths a few times a week and so on. She keeps finding reasons to head up to his department, if she can manage that it's more times a week.

She has somehow managed to find her way into the social circle of work friends that he also has a laugh with from time to time and they meet up once a month for drinks or lunch or something.

This has been going on for over 2 years now and nothing has really progressed past that.

At gatherings outside the work place he seems to show no interest. But she will turn something like, "He smiled at me and handed ONLY me my drink when i came back from the dance floor." as an indication he likes her. I see it as more that he realised it was her drink near him so he gave it to her, across the table, to stop her sliding in next to him. But i don't know, maybe i'm a negative person but i think after 2 years of being around each other at work and in social gatherings from time to time, he would have tried something more than just handing her a drink.

I have told her to drop it and find someone new, but she won't. She is really hung up on him. He isn't shy either, i'm met him twice. So i truly do believe he would have made a move on her if he felt that way inclined.

The sad thing is, i don't think he even wants friendship from her. She has suggested they go for lunch numerous times when they were both heading for lunch and he made an excuse. She said he went and ate alone. I guess she followed him. So what does the poor guy have to do to get her to realise he isn't interested?

I actually said to her if someone is dismissive or ignoring you, DON'T BOTHER THEM! Leave them alone as they obviously don't want to talk to you.
(Thanks Miri for this advice earlier in the year in regards to myself and someone else! It's true, if someone wants you in their life, they make you part of it. You shouldn't have to fight for a spot and be left wondering where you stand. It may hurt when you realise it and for me it REALLY HIT DEEP and made me feel so worthless, BUT i needed to hear it at the time and it was the truth.)

I even tried to get her to understand that if someone enjoys your company, wants to get to know you more or even just wants to spend 5 minutes with you, THEY WILL LET YOU KNOW! Especially men. He will take you aside and make sure you meet up somehow. He will make the effort. He won't even think twice. You will know 100% without a doubt that he wants to be around you and know more about you. He'll find ways to include you and contact you and be near you. She does all that to HIM, but he never responds.

Perfect example, she saw a car that she knows he would love to own one day last week and so she took a picture of it and sent it to him when she got back to her desk at work and said "I thought of you when i saw this! What colour would you get it in? It's beautiful in that red, don't you think?" and he never responded. Even after she asked him a few days later if he saw the picture she sent and he just said: "Oh yeah, that, thanks! Nice!" and then slightly turned to speak to someone else in the lift. HOW MUCH MORE IS SHE GOING TO ABUSE HERSELF?
:(

So what do i do? Do i keep trying to wake her up, although i feel like she is starting to get mad at me for doing it OR do i just let it go? She is 39 years old! So she isn't young and dumb... Just dumb!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated? Maybe i'm getting it all wrong but i doubt it. From what she tells me, he couldn't care if she was there or not. Maybe i'm misunderstanding her? But we do have a tendency to romanticize things when we have a crush on someone and misread their actions towards us. So i don't know what to do. I'm honestly not sure i should push that subject with her anymore and yet it is depressing to see her throw herself at this guy. At least he is nice enough to not be mean to her. He is polite. I'm sure he knows she has the hots for him.

Sorry for the long post. So far everyone i have asked has told me to leave it be. Two have said i need to slap her stupid and wake her up. One suggested i contact him and tell him to have a talk to her to set the record straight, there is NO WAY IN HELL I AM DOING THAT!
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts