Edguy & Avantasia Forums

What are you doing right now?

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Thierry » 24 Aug 2016 11:17

Teachers get back to school next Wednesday, and kids the following day.
Well, "officially", as we already go to our schools to prepare stuff ^^

Oh, and it would be really nice of you!! :) <3

About the sweets, I'm not sure, because I don't know all my pupils yet, some might have food allergies. Food in class can become a little tricky indeed with all the legislation.

There wouldn't be any problem with the book, we don't need to have everything approved ;) (Luckily!!! Imagine the mess!)
(I still have, somewhere in my mind, the idea of reading Fido to my class :) )

That would be really nice!!! :)
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 24 Aug 2016 11:22

Ok, wonderful!
It won't get to you in time for next week, sadly, as i'm off tomorrow afternoon to house sit until Sunday night/Monday morning. BUT you will get it ASAP.
I'll find something 'sensible' to send.
:wink:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 24 Aug 2016 11:25

Resuming days are the official way of saying "the teacher has prepared a lot of things to do in two days, but it will take at least two weeks" :lol: , so don't worry, I won't have time for something "extra" for the moment :) ;)

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 24 Aug 2016 11:32

Hahahahahahaa awesome!
But poor you!
:P

Ok, i need to disappear now as i have to do a few things before bed.
Enjoy your day Titi, my love to you and your girls always!
:smoochie <3 :hug
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 24 Aug 2016 19:01

Thierry wrote:(I still have, somewhere in my mind, the idea of reading Fido to my class :) )

You are the awesomest! Even for just considering it! :hug
If you do so I will make you a Fido plushie!

Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 25 Aug 2016 08:52

Awwww it looks great!!! :T

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 25 Aug 2016 13:19

Titi, i forget, what age are your pupils and roughly how many?
If you don't know yet, let me know when you do please!
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 25 Aug 2016 18:06

Thierry wrote: Awwww it looks great!!! :T

He is! <3 :D
Fido looks great on pictures.
Fido makes me look great on pictures too! :lol:

I'm considering wether I want to have this:
https://shop.napalmrecords.com/hammerfa ... igure.html
Probably not. I have nowhere to put it right now anyway. But I AM considering it :lol:
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 26 Aug 2016 12:09

Aywen wrote:He is! <3 :D
Fido looks great on pictures.
Fido makes me look great on pictures too! :lol:

You DO look great in that photo!
I had no idea Fido was that big!
:pinkgrin:

Aywen wrote:I'm considering wether I want to have this:
https://shop.napalmrecords.com/hammerfa ... igure.html
Probably not. I have nowhere to put it right now anyway. But I AM considering it :lol:

Well, it isn't so terribly expensive AND if it makes you happy, why not?
BUT i have a rule when i go shopping or anything really:
"If in doubt, go without!"
Even men!
:lol: :P
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 26 Aug 2016 12:17

I forgot to mention what i am doing now...
I'm trying to work out if i should start playing a game or not.
I'm in the mood for gaming.

I'm also reading about those Spit/Swap DNA Ancestry tests that tells you where you are from.
I have NO IDEA of my family history past my Great Grand Parents.

I know i am Polish, Russian, German and either Italian or Spanish. But the fact my surname means Italian, it doubles down on both sides that there might be Italian on both sides... So it would be interesting to me to find out how much i am % wise and from what areas in the world.

I think i REALLY want to do it.
I have to first ask my family permission as the company keeps my DNA on record which means that is my family's DNA out there.
I feel it is only fair to see how they feel about it first.
So we shall see.
:pinkgrin:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 26 Aug 2016 17:36

Great idea! Very exciting to see what ancestors you have! My Grandma did this type of research, I know we have some Spanish and (obviously) Belgian ancestors.

Otherwise, I have a double-level class, so my pupils are 7/8 years old. (Just saw a comparison chart: year 2 and 3 in Australia :) )
If nothing's changed, I'll have 24 pupils this schoolyear. ;)

Aywen: wow, indeed, it's bigger than I thought! :)
And you should definitely go for the HF statue... I'd even go for the combo statue + CD + DVD (didn't know there was a live DVD, the tracklist looks great!)

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Aywen » 26 Aug 2016 19:32

That is interesting! You have a very diverse background, that's awesome! I am excited that I'm part Frysian and that's in the same country :lol: I don't think my roots go further than that. Very cool, indeed go for it! I hope your family shares your enthusiasm :)

Nice, Thierry. I think kids of that age are still nice :P Good luck this year and good luck with remembering the silly/exotic/fashionable names :hug :lol:

Thanks! Yes, Fido is quite big, but this makes him very huggable. And easy to make because there aren't small details. It's so hard to turn a small piece of fabric inside out.

BUT i have a rule when i go shopping or anything really:
"If in doubt, go without!"

Usually I'm the same, but now I ask myself: will you regret this if you don't do it? Then go for it :)
I'm not sure if I'll regret not buying it, but you're right. I won't regret doing it :D Hopefully next year I'll have a home for myself and no money to spend on these kinds of things. So I'd better enjoy it now! I'm also taking the wooden box - I have the Kamelot wooden box and I love it! :D
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 27 Aug 2016 09:31

I LOVE trying to find out about my ancestry but unfortunately because of WWII, i keep meeting dead ends due to destroyed documents and name changes or lost papers and so on. I'm just going in circles. I still can't find 100% where my Father was born in Germany... All i know is that is was close to the Polish border and under Berlin somewhere. I have a few names but i can't seem to get things to match up. His mother made so many changes, even to her own name... It's so frustrating.
*bangs head against a brick wall*

And Titi, thank you for the info on your class! It helps a lot!
:D

Anneke, just go for it. Like you said, enjoy it while you can!

As for what i am about to do now?
Order pizza and watch a movie.
My friend won't be coming over as i ddn't want him to cancel his plans. I didn't know i would be here this weekend as it was a last minute thing for my brother to house sit. So i would rather him keep his plans and we can catch up some other time. And no, he is just a friend that i hardly get to see as he lives over this side... A 2 hour drive from where i live!

BUT now i feel like pizza and not fish and veggies. I'm too tired to cook now. So pizza it is!

CIAO! CIAO!
:D
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 27 Aug 2016 13:25

Muppet wrote:I LOVE trying to find out about my ancestry but unfortunately because of WWII, i keep meeting dead ends due to destroyed documents and name changes or lost papers and so on. I'm just going in circles. I still can't find 100% where my Father was born in Germany... All i know is that is was close to the Polish border and under Berlin somewhere.

sounds realy interesting
i know that all my familiy, at least from my dad's side, is from the same boring little town, that they still live in today. ´they seamed to have stayed there for at least the last 5 generations....
sou your familiys history sounds a lot more interesting

what am i doing?
I am tending to one of my Cosplay wigs. It was rather expensive and i just messed it up and left it like that for over a year. but now i am finaly restoring it
it's suppose to look almoste like Amanda Somerville's hair but right now it lookes more like a cat that's been out in the rain
oh, and i am trying to be more active on the forum, cause i kinda feel like it
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 29 Aug 2016 10:00

It's not so bad knowing exactly where you have come from!
I wouldn't be so interesting if it wasn't for WWII. In fact i wouldn't even be here!
:lol:

I like you are trying to be more active here, that's great!

As for the wig, sounds interesting. I can't imagine how it would look though. Amanda DOES have amazing hair though.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 29 Aug 2016 10:03

Oppps, forgot to say what i'm doing right now, just relaxing. I had to babysit today so i'm feeling a little more tired and sore than normal. So it's feet up and just chilling online and catching up with friends.
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 29 Aug 2016 15:58

Muppet wrote:
As for the wig, sounds interesting. I can't imagine how it would look though. Amanda DOES have amazing hair though.

yes, i am always so jeaouls of her hair^^
my wig is a differend color thought....
i got it smooth again and then i braided it again^^... but this time it looks just as i wanted it to
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 30 Aug 2016 08:05

Awe, that reminds me of my old hair. Up until my early 30's until my overall health went downhill fast. Not the colour though.

Mine was shorter but dead straight. Other than a few highlights in my early 20's to frame my face as i haven't had a fringe since i was a child, i've never had it fully dyed it either. Actually where the red line is, would be how long my hair used to be. I'm in two minds now that my hair is growing back, whether to grow it back like that OR go super short with a styled bob, just under the chin and maybe even do a soft fringe as i have far too much forehead for my liking!!! BUT that bob is only after i lose about another 10kgs! Currently it sits level with my shoulders as i cut it when i got back from Europe.

ANYWAY, what am i doing right now?

I'm here to request, like always, something from my beautiful overseas friends who KNOW my birthday is coming up.
I hope i got in early enough.
As much as i LOVE being spoilt, i mean who doesn't from time to time, PLEASE just buy a piece of cake on the day and enjoy it OR if you are determined on sending a gift, please just buy some pet food and/or some old towels/blankets from a charity store and donate it to your local animal shelter on my behalf. Or if you have a garden, buy a plant and plant it on my behalf. Even just herbs that give back to you and you get to enjoy! THAT would make me SO MUCH HAPPIER! Cards and letters are always welcome and cherished.
I hope i got in early enough as i know some will send me small gifts regardless.
*hides face*

Please and thank you!
LOVE YOU!
:smoochie :hug <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 30 Aug 2016 14:10

Muppet wrote: Or if you have a garden, buy a plant and plant it on my behalf. Even just herbs that give back to you and you get to enjoy!

Ha^^, we were already abut to buy some new plants for our small herb-garden on the balkony. Our Mint, Sage plants died while we where in sweden...
i will dedicate my new Sage-plant to you, if that makes you happy ^^
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 30 Aug 2016 19:35

Don't worry Muppet, I don't have your address :D I would bury you in cards in letters. That is, if you write back? ;)

Awesome wig! Long hair looks great but it's such a fuss to take care of. My hair was never that long, not even close to it, but I was so tired of it. Shoulder length is so easy, I don't think I'll ever change my hair :)
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts