Edguy & Avantasia Forums

What pisses you off?

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Muppet » 04 Sep 2016 11:59

What pissed me off today?
I'm clearing out all my old things.
Things for charity stores. The rubbish tip and so on.
Spring cleaning i guess BUT what pisses me off is that i seem to be doing this every year and yet i still have so much crap!
I'm over it!
The more i seem to pull/throw out, the more there seems to be... It is never ending!
:eek :eek :eek
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 06 Sep 2016 18:50

Muppet wrote:The more i seem to pull/throw out, the more there seems to be... It is never ending!
:eek :eek :eek

:lol: I don't know why but it does seem to be like that! I did the same, I removed some things and then it didn't fit anymore. I expected to have some more space :razz

People who don't keep their promises piss me off. I know I don't always keep my promises either - especially the things I promise to myself. But promises made to other people are important! In this case, it's a work related thing. I'm keeping it a bit vague, it's not important what it's about exactly. My boss wants me to do something, document/reorganize some scripts, but I need a subject. Not everything is suitable for me to do, if I don't know what project it belongs to, there's little I can do. Another colleague would give me a new subject. He promised to have something for me last week on tuesday. So I went to him on Tuesday and asked, but he hadn't had the time yet to think about it. I asked again a few days later, and still he didn't have anything for me. I asked again yesterday and still he didn't have anything. I asked when he would have something for me. He promised today. So I went to him this afternoon and when I stood next to his desk he said "You are going to ask the familiar question, I will give you the familiar answer." So. Still nothing :x I came with my own proposal and his reply to that was "No I have to think about it first but I need to finish this first." In a "stop bothering me" tone of voice. I know I'm not his priority but I don't have that much to do at the moment and, more important, my boss will only see that I have been doing nothing! I know I shouldn't let this bother me so much but it did ruin my day.
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 07 Sep 2016 14:09

Aywen wrote::lol: I don't know why but it does seem to be like that! I did the same, I removed some things and then it didn't fit anymore. I expected to have some more space :razz

Oh it is beyond ridiculous!
I don't even understand how it works.
Like you said, you should have more space but all of a sudden i can't get the stuff back in and yet i threw/donated half of what was originally there... How does that work? It's annoying in the most frustrating of ways!
:lol:

People who don't keep their promises piss me off.

I'm the same.
I know i haven't always been able to keep my promises BUT i try my hardest to do so, even if it takes years.
These days, i rarely make promises and if i do i always add: "Provided nothing unforeseen happens!"
I think we are a dying breed Anneke!
:wink:

What pisses me off?
My spine.
:cry:

I don't know what else to say.
Or even do.
Everything else in my life is fine.
It's not solely from my trip either. I had things happened when i got back and it all just accumulated to the point of no return.
I just have to keep smiling as i have a feeling this is going to take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time to bounce back from, IF i manage to bounce back at all.
Just little by little.
*sigh*
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Larissa » 08 Sep 2016 10:15

So I went to him this afternoon and when I stood next to his desk he said "You are going to ask the familiar question, I will give you the familiar answer."

That is a stupid and disrespectful reply, what an idiot!!!
If he cannot give you something to do because he is busy, he should say so and not waste your and his time.
It's been days since you first approached him.
I wonder if he is overworked or just lazy ...

Like you said, you should have more space but all of a sudden i can't get the stuff back in and yet i threw/donated half of what was originally there...

I've had the same experience several times!
Would be interesting to find out if this is a gender specific problem or if it also happens to men :D .

What pisses me off?
My spine.

I know :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Muppet » 09 Sep 2016 12:55

Larissa wrote:I've had the same experience several times!
Would be interesting to find out if this is a gender specific problem or if it also happens to men :D .

Actually, come to think of it, i DO think it is a gender specific problem. I hate to admit it, but thinking about it and about the guys i know, yeah, the females i know DO seem to have that issue far more than any guys i know of.
:lol: :P

I know :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Thank you.
You have NO IDEA how much i need that hug right now.
:hug

What pisses me off?
Does love at first sight exist?
Is it even possible?
:-?
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 10 Sep 2016 20:59

Muppet wrote:
Larissa wrote:I've had the same experience several times!

Actually, come to think of it, i DO think it is a gender specific problem. I hate to admit it, but thinking about it and about the guys i know, yeah, the females i know DO seem to have that issue far more than any guys i know of.

I am sure guys would have the same problem IF they cleaned! However most guys only clean when stuff gets in their way. If they can still walk and sit and lie down one way or another, there's no need to clean up. Which is more likely to involve moving things and piling things up than throwing them out :razz
(Yes, I say "most guys" where I should say "at least some guys", or rather "people", please don't get upset :P )

Does love at first sight exist?
Is it even possible?
:-?

Depends who you ask! My parents and brother kept insisiting that I was very much in love with Alan from the Thunderbirds when I was a little girl. Especially since it used to piss me off when they said so. I think it is impossible for a four year old to fall in love, but apparently my family thinks otherwise.
So. If true love between a little girl and a plastic doll is possible, why not love at first sight? The latter seems more likely to me :lol:

And have another hug :hug
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 11 Sep 2016 12:03

Aywen wrote:I am sure guys would have the same problem IF they cleaned! However most guys only clean when stuff gets in their way. If they can still walk and sit and lie down one way or another, there's no need to clean up. Which is more likely to involve moving things and piling things up than throwing them out :razz
(Yes, I say "most guys" where I should say "at least some guys", or rather "people", please don't get upset :P )

Hmmmm, i tend to agree with this.
However i have found men, yes i'm generalizing, tend to keep what interests them directly, in impeccable order.
I'll use my brothers and exes as examples.
All their gear for their interests/work/hobbies are ridiculously organised. OCD even.
However, when it comes to general things, it isn't so well organised. Unless they are in a relationship BUT even then, like i found myself doing in relationships, the woman takes over doing the general things and leave the boys to play with their toys!

Even if i am old fashioned and my maternal instinct kicks in to do those sorts of things naturally as i even get enjoyment from caring for those i love, it can still get annoying if they get worse instead of better. But in general, yeah, men seem to pile things up and leave them piled!!!

So. If true love between a little girl and a plastic doll is possible, why not love at first sight? The latter seems more likely to me :lol:

Well, when you put it like that!

And have another hug :hug

Thank you!
I need as much as i can get lately!
YES I'M GREEDY!
:lol: :hug
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 12 Sep 2016 12:17

What pissed me off today?
Ok, it is ridiculous BUT it is a pet peeve of mine... Social whores!

I finally decided to pull away from 'social media' contacts and have deleted a lot of 'acquaintances'. I only want to be connected to people i truly know/trust/can rely on. So what happens? People get pissed at me even though we haven't spoken a word in close to 3 years. What is up with that? We were never close. We simply liked the same band or game we used to play or something like that BUT they get offended... Me, one of their 1,000+ 'friends'. I don't get it.
*shrugs*

I don't know about anyone else but i have VERY FEW friends/nearest/dearest and THEN i have acquaintances. I'm not asocial, just socially selective and have become even more so.
:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 14 Sep 2016 22:06

Muppet wrote:I finally decided to pull away from 'social media' contacts and have deleted a lot of 'acquaintances'. I only want to be connected to people i truly know/trust/can rely on. So what happens? People get pissed at me even though we haven't spoken a word in close to 3 years. What is up with that? We were never close. We simply liked the same band or game we used to play or something like that BUT they get offended... Me, one of their 1,000+ 'friends'. I don't get it.
*shrugs*

Oh I know that, it's ridiculous, isn't it? I've had the same with my cousins. We were never in touch. I knew they existed but in my eyes, they were total strangers. Then facebook became popular and via my other cousins we found each other and added each other. I thought it could be nice way to get to know each other. But they never spoke a word to me. I tried once or twice to start a conversation but I got nothing or as good as nothing in return. After well over a year of silence I deleted them and THEN they sent me messages! Well, one of them. And indeed accusing me of things. "Why don't you want to be my friend? Why won't we talk?" I'm sorry but she's had her chance and never took it. :)

What pissed me off today: I participated in a pubquiz with some of my colleagues. THAT was nice, though it was very hard. We were there as the delegation of the Montesquieu Institute and knew as good as nothing :lol: Yes the questions were all about politics. Shame on us but oh well, I'm sure we weren't the only ones. The questions really were impossible!
That's not what's been bothering me though. I was finished at work earlier than the others and had a small hour to spare before we would go and have dinner. It was another hot and sunny day and I spent the time outside, sitting on a bench under a tree, reading my book. Sounds lovely, doesn't it? It was!
However, later I found a bug that was crawling in my neck. And I've been feeling itchy allover for the rest of the evening! Brr. I came home way past bedtime but I HAD to take a shower first. It helped a bit, though thinking about it makes my skin crawl again :lol: and now I'm all freshed up from the shower and fully awake, but I really need to go to sleep.
I know, I know, what am I doing here then? :P
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 15 Sep 2016 17:03

Aywen wrote:Oh I know that, it's ridiculous, isn't it? I've had the same with my cousins. We were never in touch. I knew they existed but in my eyes, they were total strangers. Then facebook became popular and via my other cousins we found each other and added each other. I thought it could be nice way to get to know each other. But they never spoke a word to me. I tried once or twice to start a conversation but I got nothing or as good as nothing in return. After well over a year of silence I deleted them and THEN they sent me messages! Well, one of them. And indeed accusing me of things. "Why don't you want to be my friend? Why won't we talk?" I'm sorry but she's had her chance and never took it. :)

It is such odd behaviour, isn't it?
I don't think i will ever understand some people.
Actually, i'm not inclined to want to anymore.
My patience/tolerance has worn terribly thin these days and it's best if i just stay RIGHT away!

However, later I found a bug that was crawling in my neck. And I've been feeling itchy allover for the rest of the evening! Brr. I came home way past bedtime but I HAD to take a shower first. It helped a bit, though thinking about it makes my skin crawl again :lol: and now I'm all freshed up from the shower and fully awake, but I really need to go to sleep.
I know, I know, what am I doing here then? :P

You want to talk bugs?
Really?
:D :P

Stay away from Australia!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What pisses me off?
Nothing actually.
Having a good day today... Or did!
:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 16 Sep 2016 17:11

Muppet wrote:It is such odd behaviour, isn't it?
I don't think i will ever understand some people.
Actually, i'm not inclined to want to anymore.
My patience/tolerance has worn terribly thin these days and it's best if i just stay RIGHT away!

Exactly. I'm not allowing myself to get upset by those people. They don't care so it would only make me feel bad. They are not worth the energy of getting all pissed off. :)

You want to talk bugs?
Really?
:D :P

Stay away from Australia!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well if I am honest it is something that makes Australia less attractive to me :lol: I am not afraid of bugs, I hold spiders in my bare hands, no problem. They can't hurt me. The ones over here can't :P It's just that I find some of those creatures disgusting. And I'd rather not touch the bugs that fall in the disgusting-category and I certainly don't like to find them in my hair or something :razz

And I'm glad to read you had a good day! :hug
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 29 Sep 2016 13:59

i just got a letter from my local hardware store.
since i have a customer-card, they invited me to a special "VIP sale" where only frequent customers are allowed..
that already sounds like a strage thing, bt the invitation also says, that they want to change their entire assortment but they've already been changing it so much, i just can't get anything there anymore... if i buy something, the next time i get there they don't have it in stock anymore.... and i always have to aks where things are, because they constantly re-arrange the entire shop!
i just don't want to buy anything from them, by now...,
they also promised me they would order my spraypaint and i would have it till the end of the week but when i asked them a week later they hadn't even placed the order
they just keep pissing me off and i hate to have my good mood ruined because of them
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 29 Sep 2016 18:17

I was busy at work today and it was going so well, when suddenly my colleague (yes, that colleague) stood behind me and put his hands around my neck. He had his hands closed around my neck, I suddenly had his fingers on my throat. What the f** was he thinking?! :x I hate it hate it hate it and I was SO angry. I still am! I'm always startled when he reaches out to grab my chin, I always jerk back my head in a reflex. He thinks it's funny so he did that quite a lot. But I have been keeping my distance from him since this month and it hadn't happened anymore, except for last week on Thursday when he suddenly did it again. I didn't say anything of it then. No need to get all pissed off when it's one incident. But now this. He had his hands all around my neck so I couldn't pull away. I said I didn't like it and if he would please NEVER do that again. To which he replied with half a laugh "oh sorry, I didn't know you would mind." I said: "What makes you think anyone would NOT mind?" He shrugged and said "I don't know, I just thought it was funny." I left it at that as there were other people in the room, but I was still very much upset. And completely out of focus. And I had to work for another 45 minutes but it was hopeless. Good thing there were a few tiny tasks left I could do because I couldn't calm down enough to continue my other task.
He left five minutes before I would finish but I asked if I could talk to him in private for a moment. He was kind enough to wait for me, so that's all right. And once we were out of sight of other colleagues I made it VERY clear to him that he should NEVER do that again. And that he can't say he doesn't know I don't like it when someone touches my throat, as I mentioned before he HAS noticed I react strongly whenever he comes near my throat. His response? "Oh I didn't know it had anything to do with your throat, I thought it only tickled your chin." WTF does it matter whether it's my throat or chin?! Just don't touch me!! :x God I'm still SO angry. But I remained calm and he apologized and agreed that he was wrong so I'm sure it won't happen again. So it's all good. I just hope I can calm down before it's bed time.
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 30 Sep 2016 03:53

Aywen wrote:I was busy at work today and it was going so well, when suddenly my colleague (yes, that colleague) stood behind me and put his hands around my neck. He had his hands closed around my neck, I suddenly had his fingers on my throat.

What the f**, indeed...
this is crazy
isn't there someone you can report him to?

i had a co-worker kinda like this once...
he used to say realy bad things about me and throw stuff at me.. untill i snaped and hit him with a metal tool.. i alpollgiesd after that but everyone told me that i shouldn't cause he had it coming
but seriously, don't do that... it's good that you told him what you think.. (in my case it never helped but i hope your co-worker is not that stupid)
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 30 Sep 2016 06:43

It's a bit complicated because we had a relationship for a very short while - he never wanted to call it such and he half freaked out when people assumed I was his girlfriend. I really don't care what you call it but if you kiss someone that way, there's more going on than just friendship. Anyway that's over but I guess people at work assume there's still something going on between us. I don't avoid him, I don't think I treat him differently than before (he had some problems distinguishing work and private but not me. He would come and sit very close to me, I let him but I never started). So no big fight or anything that others would notice. They might notice now that I work different times but they don't know that we never meet outside of work.
I have lost all faith that this will ever work out though, but as I said, I thought it was going well. But now you know why I tolerated him touching my face before ;)
And I know I react strongly, I pull back my head in a reflex when someone comes only near my throat. I even pull back when I can't see it coming - before they touch me so I can't really feel it either. As if they touch my aura. I was hilarious back in school :razz I don't like it but I understand why other people find it funny so I'm okay with it, as long as they stop when I tell them to stop.
Anyway if this happens again, I won't wait until I'm out of earshot of other colleagues, I'll tell him again where everyone can hear it. If that doesn't help I guess I'll have to take it to my boss. Enough is enough. Oh and my best friend already offered to bully him online or smack in him the face if I can't handle him myself anymore :lol:

Oh shit... I understand why you snapped and it's good that people back you up. But if you had hit him a bit too hard and he has some permanent damage you're in all kinds of trouble you don't want :( But if talking doesn't help anymore...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 30 Sep 2016 13:34

Aywen wrote:Oh shit... I understand why you snapped and it's good that people back you up. But if you had hit him a bit too hard and he has some permanent damage you're in all kinds of trouble you don't want :( But if talking doesn't help anymore...

i should have reportet him soon, but instead i ignored him and let him talk shiat baout me untill i couldn't take it anymore... i went to my boss right after i hit him. not to report him, but to report myselfe. i told him what i had done and that i was sorry and he literally awnserd: "don't be, he got what he deserved"
and my co-worker actually did try to report my, not to our boss but to the departement for sexual assult, terror prevention and all that stuff... aparently they told him that he had no reason to complain (he realy was well known as a troublemaker..)

in your case, of cause i hope he listens and it doesn't come that far... but it's got to have friends who are willing to do the "dirty work" for you ^^
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 30 Sep 2016 15:08

Oh wow... This is shitty behaviour to read, from both of you. Not by you but other's behaviour toward you.
Why do us females have such a shitty time with guys?
*sigh*

Anneke: I'm sorry to read this. Seriously, wtf was/is he thinking? My word of advice, as i have been dragged into a few HR meetings in my time... DON'T ASK! But take notes of the date and time it happened and a make a short note of what transpired. I know that sounds serious and over reacting, BUT if this guy gets worse and things do progress further, you keeping a dairy of what happened will actually play a HUGE roll in backing you up. As my lawyer stated to me years ago, "It's not true unless it's down on paper!' Taking fresh notes after it happens is more reliable than someone trying to 'recall' what happened 2 months ago and so on. So just do it for your own self assurance.

I hope you never need to use it though and i hope he backs off, grows up and learns that is totally unacceptable and threatening behaviour. That is in NO WAY funny. Especially not in a work place... OR ANY PLACE!

Unless you are into the whole Erotic Asphyxiation thing.
:P

Jarhara: From what i can gather, your work place is of a different kind of setting? So what you did was 'sorta' what i would have done. AND i would have also taken myself to my Manager afterward. In fact i have done that a few times. I never got physical though, even though i believe some people deserve it BUT i doubt i would have gotten away with throwing knives at someone in a kitchen setting.

But my sharp tongue HAS got me into trouble before, but my managers knew it took A LOT for me to get to the point to tell someone to go and f*ck them self with a smoked ham hock/Cos Lettuce... Basically whatever i saw first!!!
*hides face*
:oops:

And yes, it was always males that would push the limits.

What pissed me off? My mum has come down really sick with a cold. It's hit her so hard and i was up most of last night with her and looking after her all today. I hate seeing her like that. It pisses me off that i can't do more to help her. She rarely gets sick and when she does, it rarely hits her hard.
:(
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 07 Oct 2016 22:24

Not being able to breathe.
I'm rather positive, actually absolutely CERTAIN, that humans need and are designed to breathe.
Therefore the fact i am having trouble is most annoying and utterly tiresome.
Pisses me right off!

Also psychos.
They piss me off too.
They seem to be everywhere these days!
What's happening to the people of the world?
Or does there only seem to be more because the population of the world has exploded thus in the laws of averages, i would naturally stumble across more?
I don't know...
There just seem to be clusters of them.
My concern over Psycho Clusters in society... Who would i write a letter to about that, to submit a complaint?
I'm going to turn into one of those old, cranky women that surrounds themselves with animals and throws buckets of dish water at the neighbourhood brats while writing letters to the local council about how the crickets in my garden chirp too loud and there are far too many and it is somehow their fault... Slowly morphing into one of those said psychos!!!
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 11 Oct 2016 19:43

Muppet wrote:Anneke: I'm sorry to read this. Seriously, wtf was/is he thinking? My word of advice, as i have been dragged into a few HR meetings in my time... DON'T ASK! But take notes of the date and time it happened and a make a short note of what transpired. I know that sounds serious and over reacting, BUT if this guy gets worse and things do progress further, you keeping a dairy of what happened will actually play a HUGE roll in backing you up. As my lawyer stated to me years ago, "It's not true unless it's down on paper!' Taking fresh notes after it happens is more reliable than someone trying to 'recall' what happened 2 months ago and so on. So just do it for your own self assurance.

I hope you never need to use it though and i hope he backs off, grows up and learns that is totally unacceptable and threatening behaviour. That is in NO WAY funny. Especially not in a work place... OR ANY PLACE!

He thinks he can do anything I guess. If I give in one inch he jumps right on top of me (not literally.. I hope). Maybe he thinks I still like him, though he hasn't commented at all on me keeping my distance. I think I am being obvious enough. I never touch him, when we're outside I keep my hands in my pockets, when there's other people joining us on the lunch walk I talk to them and not to him. I'm sure he noticed.
I am keeping a note of this incident - if only as an example of good communication :razz I am a little proud of myself for not screaming or crying and staying so cool :cool
It didn't happen again, not really. Today he had his finger in front of my face and I told him "No". He tried a couple of times and I kept saying "no". Then he touched my nose for half a second and giggled. *sigh* He's such a baby sometimes :lol: But I think I can handle him.
Unless you are into the whole Erotic Asphyxiation thing.
:P

Perhaps that is his problem :lol: I know there's something he won't tell me.

Jarhara wrote:i should have reportet him soon, but instead i ignored him and let him talk shiat baout me untill i couldn't take it anymore... i went to my boss right after i hit him. not to report him, but to report myselfe. i told him what i had done and that i was sorry and he literally awnserd: "don't be, he got what he deserved"

It's hard to take steps before things get out of hand. If there's only one small incident it seems so stupid to make a fuss of it. And when there are multiple similar incidents, it's hard to draw a line and say when it's enough. One is not worse than the other which you didn't do anything about. It's just that it's worse because it all adds up to each other..
I think you did well and it's good to know that your boss backed you up on this :)

Muppet, how is your mum doing now? And the crickets? :P Don't make yourself crazy :hug
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 28 Oct 2016 13:26

i got to buy some supplys for the holster for my Nerf gun.
the fabric isn't exactly what i was looking for but it looks nice but the buttons....
why did i pay 16€ for 5 buttons!?!?
they look nice but they are just not worth that much.. problem is, i couldn't find anything better
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts