Edguy & Avantasia Forums

What made you happy today ?

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Muppet » 13 Jul 2016 13:34

I know.
He completely and utterly caught me by surprise with what he did.
It was totally welcomed by me though.
I'm so tired of constantly being made to feel like i need to apologise for my injury.
Especially when something like that happens.
I almost put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes just because waking up and 'fighting' my body every single day, every single hour, gets very tiring and sometimes i show it. I can't hide it.
:frown

When i go shopping, out to lunch, dinner, see a movie, take a break or go on a holiday, i don't get to leave the problems at home, they come with me. I can't take off my body and leave the pain behind. So when i collapse like that, and i want for nothing more than the world to open up and just swallow me whole, something as simple and as sweet as that allows for me to just let go and breathe. I need to meet more people like him in my life.
:pinkgrin:

What made me happy today?
My nephew.
:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 16 Jul 2016 19:55

That is very kind! How wonderful :) And I hope you will meet more people like him :hug

What made me happy:
I'm wearing one of my mum's rings! It was a gift from my dad to her, after the last big surgery on her hand. Sadly that didn't help to straighten her fingers and she hardly ever wore the ring as she didn't want to attract more attention to her hands. Sad! It's a beautiful ring. I had it made a bit smaller so it fits me. :)

Second, I went to a festival in Dordrecht - a very nice place! The weather was good, there were all kinds of music: jazz, blues, rock, cover bands. Including one really awesome Jimi Hendrix tribute band :)

And another thing that makes me happy is that I don't have a headache! The day isn't over yet, I know, but it's almost 22:00 so I think I am allowed to call it a fact :lol: I've been feeling miserable all week, I even went home sick on Friday. I'm not completely fit yet but I feel better. Yay!

Oh and I finished reading Lara's book! :D
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 17 Jul 2016 12:46

Aywen wrote:And I hope you will meet more people like him :hug

Thank you, so do i.
:hug

I'm wearing one of my mum's rings!
(...)
I had it made a bit smaller so it fits me. :)

That is so beautiful. That makes me super happy too!
<3 :hug

Cool about the festival too. Is this still following your plans of seeing at least one band/festival a month?

YAY for no headaches and glad you are feeling better. I hope you are 100% ASAP!

As for Lara's book... I SOOOOOOOOOO wish i could read any of them. I know someone is going to simply say to me: Well learn German... I know at least 5 other people reading this and thinking the same!
:lol:

As for what made me happy today? The entire day. It was just a good day. Physically hard but still good nevertheless. AND it ended with a sky like this <3 :
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 26 Jul 2016 19:10

Muppet wrote:Cool about the festival too. Is this still following your plans of seeing at least one band/festival a month?

Yes! I didn't see anything in May but did two concerts in June so that makes up for it ;)

Glad you had a good day and that looks very special! :hug
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 08 Aug 2016 14:20

Sunshine, walk along the foreshore (forgot my camera, sorry), cleaned the house - again, raked and swept outside - :o (Boredom + painkillers!!! :lol: ), spent the afternoon with music playing and preparing a glorious dinner for my brothers and their friend for when they got home from their trip only to have them arrive with pizzas - :evil: , but at least my brother has lunch and dinner for tomorrow taken care of - :) . I'm all packed and ready to go. Just need to clean the kitty litters and i'm done, ready for bed!
:woohoo:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 08 Aug 2016 15:04

Actually i forgot to ask, has anyone ever updated their Itunes, if you have it/use it, and had new songs on there that you have NOT paid for, they have no data information so i have no idea who it is, and there is no record of it in my purchase history and my account balance is EXACTLY the same as the last time i bought some songs off there..?
Anyone?

I'm not complaining as some of the songs are stunningly beautiful, especially one and i'm currently listening to it and am about to type in the lyrics into search to find out who it is. So far, everyone i have asked has said no. I don't want to tell Itunes either as i don't want to give them back!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 09 Aug 2016 07:25

Not using Itunes, sorry! :P

What makes me happy today? Wiwi will be at home tonight!!! :) :) :)
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Aywen » 09 Aug 2016 19:26

Hmm no, except for that terrible U2 album that showed up one day. But I don't use Itunes that much. Haven't looked at it for months :P But hey don't complain, don't ask how, just enjoy it :D

What made me happy: I had dinner with the neighbours and it was super nice - green beans with bacoooonn!
Someone at work asked how my weekend was!
And last but not least, my dad is away for a couple of days for his work but it all went well and he'll be coming home tonight! That's earlier than planned so I won't have to be alone for the rest of the week :)
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 09 Aug 2016 22:29

Titi, where was Wiwi?
Damn, i've been so out of touch with everyone.
*hides face*

Anneke, i know, i'm not going to complain about the free songs. I can't find lyrics for them on the internet though but it's al good. I'll just listen and maybe one day i'll find out.

And that's lovely having dinner with neighbours and that your dad is coming home.

What made me happy?
It's not even 8:30am and my nephew has already told me i have a face like a pair of boobs but it's apparently ok because he loooooooooooooves boobs!
He is 4 years old!

THEN he told me how i am a window because i am light.
I'm not sure i can love him more than i already did, but i do!
:lol: <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 11 Aug 2016 19:33

Oh my he is cute, and a poet too! :lol:

What made me happy: actually something work related! And this after all my complaining and feeling down.. I'm surprised.
We have a lot of different scripts running and it's a bit of a mess, things aren't well documented. There are scripts running that have no function, there are scripts that do exactly the same thing. People tend to make something new because it may take longer to find what you're looking for and it may turn out not to be exactly what you need. I have been given the task to clean up, think of a new way to organize things and make sure that people do document things properly from now on. And, of course, make sure that all 800 existing scripts will be documented.
This is a big task and I had no idea how to do it or where to start, and I found it hard to ask for help/tell others what to do. But today I finally was ready and I gave tasks to my fellow programmers - 10 scripts for each to check. And three out of seven already started or even finished their task! Hooray! This feels like a small victory :D
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 12 Aug 2016 12:40

Aywen wrote:Oh my he is cute, and a poet too! :lol:

I know!
:pinkgrin: <3

This feels like a small victory :D

No matter how big or small, grab it and run with it!
Small victories lead to huge ones!!!
:lol: :P

My hair is growing back!
The treatment is working and it is no longer falling out in clumps.
Suck on that Alopecia!!!
So happy!
:woohoo:
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 14 Aug 2016 11:16

Just reunited Snowy, the lost dog with his owner, a little girl.
Both were so happy and i have to say there is something so priceless and precious about seeing the happiness of a child. It's so pure. They don't hold back... I wish life/adulthood didn't change that about us as we get older.
*sigh*

All's well that ends well.
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 18 Aug 2016 23:26

Not especially "today", but "these past days": what made me happy was to have Wee and other friends (from the North!!!) at home to visit us :)

So Wee was at our place! I suppose she's back home now, she had another few days of vacation in the South of France ;)

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 19 Aug 2016 10:58

Awe i'm so happy to hear that Titi. I wish i was only a car/train ride away from you all!
Maybe it is better for you all that i DO live so far away!
:lol: :P

As for what made me happy today?

I woke up drenched in sweat at roughly 3pm this afternoon. Yeah i know, 3pm makes some people's eyes pop BUT i've been drugged and pretty much bed ridden or needing my walking stick for a couple weeks now. But when i woke up this afternoon and i was literally dripping in sweat/shivering and the bed was wet through, it was like this recent 'set back' never happened.
I haven't needed pain medication this afternoon and even went for a walk without my walking stick tonight in a light rain with my hoodie on. It was so beautiful as i can smell Spring is in the air. I truly hope this bad phase of my spine is finally over.
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 19 Aug 2016 19:10

Muppet wrote:I haven't needed pain medication this afternoon and even went for a walk without my walking stick tonight in a light rain with my hoodie on. It was so beautiful as i can smell Spring is in the air. I truly hope this bad phase of my spine is finally over.
<3

Yay, that's great! I hope so too :hug
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 24 Aug 2016 10:13

Aywen wrote:Yay, that's great! I hope so too :hug

Thank you.

It didn't last but that's just the nature of my beast. I am still feeling stronger than a week ago though. So as long as i keep improving slowly, i am happy.
:pinkgrin:

My nephew says the funniest of things.
Last week in a crowded food hall, he leaned back on his bench at the table as we were having lunch and he put his head back looking at the glass ceiling and yelled at the top of his lungs:
"PEOPLE... WHAT ARE YOU DOING? GO OUT AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE!"
And he lifted his hands into the air as he yelled it.
After the initially WTF? and telling him to be more quiet, I burst out laughing. Even the people around us burst out laughing.

Then today, he climbed on my lap, he is 4, and he pretended to lick my face and i laughed saying "EWWWWWWWWWWWW!" and he just laughed and said: "A face, good enough to eat!" and pretended to bite me. I burst out laughing and my mother asked him where on earth he heard that and he said: "Daddy says it to Mummy!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So cute and innocent!
Just love him to bits!
<3 :pinkgrin:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 24 Aug 2016 11:01

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't wait to share what Eléa will have to say!

Hold on.

I CAN wait, don't want her to grow up that fast! :P

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 24 Aug 2016 11:05

Oh cherish it Titi, it is over SOOOOOOOOOOOO fast!
AND get as many pictures/videos as you can with a REAL camera. Not just a phone camera.
They do indeed grow up so fast!
<3 <3 <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 25 Aug 2016 13:37

Scored a free Cafe Latte and saved a little over $25 on a full tank of fuel for my car!
What's not to love about that?
:P
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 25 Aug 2016 18:48

Saving on the fuel would make me happy too :D I'm only saving by not driving often!

What made me happy: a new Hammerfall song! And a salmon sandwich! And a colleague gave me a cookie. The cookie wasn't great but it was very nice of her :)
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts