Edguy & Avantasia Forums

What made you happy today ?

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Muppet » 26 Aug 2016 12:02

Aywen wrote:Saving on the fuel would make me happy too :D I'm only saving by not driving often!

Yeah, it definitely was.

I have all these different rewards cards for different stores and stuff that collects points.
So it's nice, even the smallest of things, to surprise me like that!

At the start of the week i was doing some grocery shopping and i get to the check out and it came to something like $27 but i only had to pay the $7 as i had an instant deduction of $20 as a reward from the store loyalty card. That's like the 3rd time that has happened and i LOVE it as i never know WHEN it will happen, it just does!
:lol:

Earlier in the year i checked another card as they sent out a statement and i got a $100 gift card sent out with 2 years to use it.

I love when little things like that happen.

Same with my coffee, i scanned the loyalty card and was told i had a free coffee did i want to claim it? HELL YES!

Anneke wrote:What made me happy: a new Hammerfall song! And a salmon sandwich! And a colleague gave me a cookie. The cookie wasn't great but it was very nice of her :)

No matter how big or how small, if it makes you smile and feel good, it is such a wonderful feeling.

What made me happy today?
Ok, this may sound weird but i had a pack of those instant noodles, cheap and nasty like only .59c. You know the kind that you just add water to with the seasoning that comes with it?
That's what i had for dinner and i loved it!
I couldn't be bothered cooking.
I wasn't in the mood for take out.
So i rummaged and found one of those in the pantry and figured, WHY NOT?
It was cheap and nasty but sometimes that is EXACTLY what i need!
So simply but it made me happy.
:lol: :P

Yeah, i guess you can tell i don't eat those often, if at all.
:-P
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 26 Aug 2016 20:34

That's awesome! I usually don't take those cards because you always have way too many plastic cards in your wallet and you always leave the one you need at home. Usually you need to spend 120938324038 euros to get 5 euro discount (I exxagerate a little). Seems like you're more lucky!

Instant noodles. Such a small thing to enjoy. Happiness is in the little things! :D

What made me happy: I survived a full week at work - the heat was terrible yesterday but other than that it went fine. And most important: this was my first week without a headache in two months or so. Things are getting better :)
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 28 Aug 2016 13:28

Aywen wrote:That's awesome! I usually don't take those cards because you always have way too many plastic cards in your wallet and you always leave the one you need at home. Usually you need to spend 120938324038 euros to get 5 euro discount (I exxagerate a little). Seems like you're more lucky!

I'm a creature of habit so i always shop at the same stores, so for me it adds up.
I used to be embarrassed about getting free stuff, now i love it.
I'm like, if you are giving it away, sure, give it to me!
Only if it is useful though!!!

Anneke wrote:What made me happy: I survived a full week at work - the heat was terrible yesterday but other than that it went fine. And most important: this was my first week without a headache in two months or so. Things are getting better :)

That i s wonderful news and i hope it continues in this positive way.
:hug

As for what made me happy today?
I got home earlier than expected.
I'm already unpacked and in bed about to fall asleep.
Love my bed!
And my furry little Sam that wants lots of cuddles!
:P

Goodnight all!
:smoochie
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 28 Aug 2016 18:58

I did get a free plant yesterday! I also bought a few tiny ones. I was a bit tired of my cacti, who only grew in length and not in width - they're getting a little dangerous when they get so tall and thing. Don't want them toppling over. They also made some new and unexpected friends recently - mushrooms! My friend the biologist said it's probably a sign of rich soil. I think it's a sign of too much water. And although it's a very unique experience and something I had never expected to see in my life, I took it as a sign to say goodbye to my prickly friends. I'm very happy with the new plants, I hope I can keep them alive!
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 29 Aug 2016 10:46

Aywen wrote:I'm very happy with the new plants, I hope I can keep them alive!

Ohhhh i hope you can keep them alive too.
As for the mushrooms, that sounds strange indeed. Maybe both rich soil and moisture contributed to them appearing. There would have, had to have been spores from somewhere too. Love it!
:D

As for what made me happy?
It's really old fashioned BUT it made me feel so genuinely appreciated and loved.
One of my friends from Germany sent me a hand written letter.
Like i said, old fashioned but it really touched me to think he took the time to sit down and write me that letter.
I love knowing he thought to do that simply because i have been feeling so down about things recently and wanted to make sure he cheered me up before September as it's my birthday month and he knows me, i'll be happy all month long like every other year and he didn't want anything or anyone ruining that for me this year. He is SOOOOOOO right!

God, i need to move to Germany... That way i can hug him and others whenever i want and not have to wait years apart!!!
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 30 Aug 2016 19:53

The spores must have come in by the wind when I had my window/balcony door open. I'm sure they're the same kind of mushroom that pops up in the grass sometimes. :-)

Letters are awesome!! That's super nice, especially now it's such a rare thing, makes it even more special :-)

I got a postcard today! :D My friend always sends me one when he is on vacation. We both take the challenge to leave no room empty on the card at all. This time he didn't even write "hello". Normally you start with a hello on the first line but that leaves most of the first line empty. Valuable card space that can be occupied by words! :D
Now I want to go on vacation just to write him back!
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 31 Aug 2016 16:13

Today i had a little bit of an anoying day... till i got to the grocery store...
the guy at the chek out had asked the guy in front of me if he had any empty bottels he'd wanne give back and he asked him for his Payback card... when i was up, i handed him the bottels of softdrink, i was about to buy and said "no empty bottles, no Payback-Card and nothing else" he look at mewith a smile and asked: "no receipt then?" "exactly" i said and starded to pull out my money "...and apearently no coins" i added when i only found paper-money. he smiled again and some of the people behind me starded to laught. "no problem .. and have a nice day" he went on. "hopfully it will be now" i said as i grabed my bottles and walked out and he "well, at least your done working for today, i just starded" he added befor i was out the door.
that kinda made my day, or at least it saved a good part of it
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 04 Sep 2016 13:17

Aywen wrote:Letters are awesome!! That's super nice, especially now it's such a rare thing, makes it even more special :-)

I know. How i wish i wasn't so far away though.
I fell into a mini depression when i got home from my trip.
*sad sigh*

ANYWAY, life goes on!!!
:)

Aywen wrote:Normally you start with a hello on the first line but that leaves most of the first line empty. Valuable card space that can be occupied by words! :D
Now I want to go on vacation just to write him back!

IT IS A WASTED LINE THOUGH!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't need to go on vacation just to send a postcard. Go to one of the touristy spots in your city and grab a card and just send it to him. Sometimes i do that to my overseas friends just to remind them of where i am. OR i will post on Facebook asking who wants a Postcard, send me their address via a PM and i'll send one out. I haven't done that in ages actually.

I remember one person on my Facebook list asked for postcards to be sent to him so i sent him one with only a huge yellow smiley face that i drew on the other side!
:) :P

Well not just today but all weekend actually as i have had a bad weekend, pain wise but with the new TV i have been a vegetable in the most worst way... Even been so lazy that i speak into the remote to get it to do what i want and search for things and so on.
*hides face*

I feel like a very lucky sloth!
:oops:

But i am very fortunate to be able to 'recharge' this way with no pressure from anyone or anywhere.
:pinkgrin:

Not to mention i had to find someone to sell my Scorpion tickets to and i did, extremely fast. They even paid more as someone else was interested but they wanted them desperately due to the great tickets/seating i had. So they got them. THAT is one less worry. Still sad i can't make it though. But my health really does need to come first.

I also found a Monster Jam Truck i had promised my nephew 2 Christmas' ago and have been hunting for since. I didn't KNOW it was the most collectible truck at the time. Neither did he as he was only 2 and just loved the colour pink!!! He has included it on 3 Santa lists BUT i refused to pay AUS$100+ for a tiny truck that he would just smash up. BUT Monster Jam re-released it this year as a limited edition and i finally stumbled across one for only $10!!! In my local Supermarket of all places. Not even a 5 minute walk from where i live and yet i have been watching auctions from as far off a Germany and so on for years now, just to get a decent price and then it was right under my nose!!! I'm SOOOOO happy i finally get to fulfill that 'Santa' promise for him.

As well as a bunch of other smaller, more emotional, less materialistic things, has made me very happy and grateful today.
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 06 Sep 2016 18:59

Muppet wrote:You don't need to go on vacation just to send a postcard. Go to one of the touristy spots in your city and grab a card and just send it to him. Sometimes i do that to my overseas friends just to remind them of where i am. OR i will post on Facebook asking who wants a Postcard, send me their address via a PM and i'll send one out. I haven't done that in ages actually.

I'm seeing him this Sunday for his birthday, which was a month ago but I couldn't come then. So I will scribble him a nice belated birthday card! :)
And that is a great idea, maybe I'll do it one day :D Did you get cards in return?

And cool that you finally found that truck, that's definitely a more reasonable price :) I hope he still wants to have it!

What made me happy? *thinks* There's got to be something...
I had a nice chat with my dad. I am writing a short story. And we had potatoes and sausages for dinner :cool
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 07 Sep 2016 13:54

Aywen wrote:So I will scribble him a nice belated birthday card! :)
And that is a great idea, maybe I'll do it one day :D Did you get cards in return?

It's never too late to wish someone a happy birthday.
I love birthdays. They mean so much to me.
<3

And i do. I must admit i'm not the best at sending them. Especially on vacation as with my injury i have to be in contact everyday basically to put my loved ones at ease back home, which also means Skyping/Webcam with friends and so on. So i always find i have nothing to write on the cards as it gets said everyday already!!!

Wiwi ALWAYS sends postcards without fail, as does Ana. Others send them to me when they know i'm having a tougher than normal time, like now/recently. I do get Birthday/Christmas cards. The occasional 'Thank You' card too.

And cool that you finally found that truck, that's definitely a more reasonable price :) I hope he still wants to have it!

Yeah, when i realised it was the most collectible truck AFTER I MADE THE PROMISE TO GET HIM ONE and that it was a one off thing, from years ago, before my nephew was even born, i was like: " :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek How the hell am i going to get him a Pink Madusa? Ebay? Amazon?" Then i saw the prices and my eyes nearly fell out of my head!!!

My brother Mark wanted to buy it for him but i forbade him as Kristian plays with them so much and so roughly that the wheels bend and all. I've lost count how many Grave Diggers, Metal Mulishas and Mohawk Warriors i have bought for him!

So the fact that Monster Jam did a re-release limited edition this year, saved my/Santa's butt in a BIG way! He can do whatever he likes to the $10, Pink Madusa truck!

I must admit, i never thought in a million years, i would be talking and trading Hot Wheels/Monster Jam cars/trucks and knowing them all off by heart because it's become our little thing and he comes to me for help in collecting them all. He is only 4!!! Too cute!
:pinkgrin: <3

I had a nice chat with my dad. I am writing a short story. And we had potatoes and sausages for dinner :cool

Awe, lovely!
It's the small things that matter the most.
Honestly!

Well, i wasn't strong enough to go and baby sit today, i couldn't walk, so i stayed at home and vegetated, yet again. BUT i sent some coins along like i do every week. My nephew is allowed to go to my purse every week and select 2 coins and put them into his piggy bank. He is 4, so he gets $4 which = 2 x $2 coins.

Anyway, he sent back a message today that he is saving his pocket money to come to Germany with me. He has his heart set on it SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much that he mentions it every week and is determined to go on my next trip and he keeps watching the videos of me with the horses. I think, he thinks that Germany is the land of Horses! Also RC Planes/Helicopters and Miniature Trains!

So precious.
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 12 Sep 2016 12:04

Other than my clear tests and a few other small but happy things for me, i managed to finally convince my friend that love at first sight DOES exist and she should just go for it!
Sometimes, we cross paths with people we just can't explain the connection.
It's more than just lust... It's a knowing. A comfort. A coming home.
I told her that if she has truly found and felt that with this guy she has met and he says the same, that she needs to grab onto it with two hands and hold on for dear life!
God, i hope she gets the courage to go for it!
:cheer <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 13 Sep 2016 20:47

Muppet wrote:
I also found a Monster Jam Truck i had promised my nephew 2 Christmas' ago and have been hunting for since.

I DO remember that! I even remember I tried to Google it to see if it was somewhere to be easily found in Europe! Great that you finally found it! :)
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 14 Sep 2016 14:21

Thierry wrote:I DO remember that! I even remember I tried to Google it to see if it was somewhere to be easily found in Europe! Great that you finally found it! :)

OMGosh i had everyone looking for that!
You in France and others in Germany, US, Brazil, Canada, England, Sweden and even New Zealand!

Noooooooooo, i don't spoil him at all!
:oops:

Actually i was looking to buy him a second Hot Wheels Super 6-Lane Speedway as he is starting to have more friends over and they love racing all the cars but i nearly had a heart attack when i saw the price!!!
Something i only paid $134 for last Christmas (or was it the Christmas before), including postage from the US, is now selling as a collector's item in Australia for as much as $710 - $830 PLUS postage!!!
The world has gone mad!!!
:o

ANYWAY... What made me happy today?
I was in the grocery store shopping and a little girl was crying as she got separated from her mum and when the staff member went to talk to her to see what was wrong, the little girl ran up to me and grabbed my hand to hold it. I thought that was so beautiful AND smart! So we had a quick cuddle and went looking for her mum who was on the verge of tears herself.
I love happy endings.
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 15 Sep 2016 18:41

Aaww the poor little girl! But so cute that she trusted you :)

What made me happy today: my new watercolor markers :cheer
Drawing is fun but I often have no idea what to make. But with new materials it doesn't matter, I can experiment without caring too much how it will turn out.
And yesterday I saw a hedgehog - a real one and it was moving! At least until it noticed me, then it sat very still. Hegdehogs are common enough I guess but they are very shy. Before yesterday I had only seen two but those had been run over by a car. NOT a pretty sight. I felt very special to have seen a living one :P
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 16 Sep 2016 11:41

Aywen wrote:What made me happy today: my new watercolor markers :cheer
Drawing is fun but I often have no idea what to make. But with new materials it doesn't matter, I can experiment without caring too much how it will turn out.

now i feel like drawing, too
but i can't..... my makers are alcohol based and i have to stay away from stuff like this.bcause of my skin condition..

Aywen wrote:And yesterday I saw a hedgehog - a real one and it was moving! At least until it noticed me, then it sat very still. Hegdehogs are common enough I guess but they are very shy. Before yesterday I had only seen two but those had been run over by a car. NOT a pretty sight. I felt very special to have seen a living one :P

the only time i saw a hedgehog was 10 years ago.
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 16 Sep 2016 13:29

Aywen wrote:Aaww the poor little girl! But so cute that she trusted you :)

I love that she trusted me.
Babies, children and animals ALL seem to be drawn to me and i love it.
<3

As for the water colours.... DRAW THE HEDGEHOG!!!
OMG they are so super cute!!!

Jarhara wrote:but i can't..... my makers are alcohol based and i have to stay away from stuff like this.bcause of my skin condition.

I hope your hands improve ASAP!

Listening to BB Steal's, On the Edge which i manged to find on CD at a reasonable price and it was delivered yesterday. I love their songs that Tobi plays on his radio show, so i was wrapped to grab myself a genuine copy and i am really enjoying it.
An EARLY birthday gift to myself!
:pinkgrin:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 16 Sep 2016 16:23

Jarhara wrote:
Aywen wrote:What made me happy today: my new watercolor markers :cheer

now i feel like drawing, too
but i can't..... my makers are alcohol based and i have to stay away from stuff like this.bcause of my skin condition..

That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it :( Maybe these markers are something for you since they are water based, not alcohol based. But they are expensive. Don't know if you want to spend €50 on a set of 12 markers :( (I bought them for €30 but it was a special offer valid only on that day). The brand is Winsor & Newton if you want to look into it.

@Muppet I didn't go for the hedgehog but maybe another time! They are cute! :D
I just had to try something impossible and so I drew a jellyfish. Here's the result:

Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 16 Sep 2016 19:09

Aywen wrote:That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it :( Maybe these markers are something for you since they are water based, not alcohol based. But they are expensive. Don't know if you want to spend €50 on a set of 12 markers :( (I bought them for €30 but it was a special offer valid only on that day). The brand is Winsor & Newton if you want to look into it.

about the same price as my markers. but i have collected quite a few over time and i don't want to replace the whole collection, just because of a temporary problem.
It just sucks that i can't draw, now that i feel like it..... but in a week or so, my hands will be better and i can get back to my markers

your jellyfish looks good, i love the colors (but i must say, it looks a bit like a flower)
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Aywen » 17 Sep 2016 11:00

No, you're right about that.. I hope you can get back to drawing soon :hug

And thank you! And I think so too. I know it's a jellyfish because I drew it from a picture. But otherwise I wouldn't know either :lol:
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 17 Sep 2016 13:10

Maybe it's a Hippy Jellyfish?
You know, it runs on flower power!
:P :lol:

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Corny joke i know!

Well it's Izzy's birthday for a start!
That's always lovely.
She's all the way in England...
That's always shitty!
But hey, i still celebrated never the less and if i am to be 100% honest, it's the wine in my system right now making me REALLY giggly and happy!
:P :lol:

I shall be logging off soon VERY soon, as nothing good comes from a tipsy Ness being online!
:smoochie
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts