Edguy & Avantasia Forums

What made you happy today ?

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Muppet » 27 Sep 2016 13:42

I'm meant to have tomorrow off from babysitting my nephew BUT he refuses to not see me tomorrow. So tonight i received a phone call and i now have a lunch date with my nephew tomorrow!
So precious and priceless!!!
:lol: <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 29 Sep 2016 18:47

That is awesome! :D

What made me happy? Besides the overfull trains (I didn't even fit into the train anymore and only barely in the next one - haven't had it that bad before) and the thing mentioned in the what pisses you off topic, everything went fine today! I have some new tasks at work, had a few meetings (yeah I know, boring, but it's so good to talk to people, even if it is about work), I even laughed a couple of times at work! There was guy outside digging a hole in the street or something, it was fascinating to watch. Both what the guy was doing and that no one interfered. The American ambassy is next door, I had expected some guys armed with big rifles to shoot at him and only later find out that he wasn't digging a hole planting mines, but making a chalk painting on the sidewalk. One moment we were looking at the guy with six people or so, wondering what he was doing exactly as we couldn't quite see. It was funny.
My dad said it's a good thing my colleague ruined my day because I'm almost starting to like it there :lol:
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby redrock-kitty » 30 Sep 2016 22:22

I got to see some cute kitties at the pet store today. I just wish I could have adopted one (I've got 5 kitties right now, house is a little full). :D
Check out my artwork. It won't bite. https://www.instagram.com/redrock963
redrock-kitty
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Muppet » 20 Oct 2016 11:42

Just being out in the garden, even though I didn't do anything. I just laid around on the lawn, enjoying the warm sun. It was bliss!!!
<3

Here, enjoy a little bit of beauty in the simplicity of an apple blossom, off our Golden Delicious tree.

:pinkgrin:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 25 Oct 2016 17:23

That's beautiful!

What made me happy: My brother passed the test for his driver's license! :cheer I'm so happy there's finally some good news for him again :)
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 31 Oct 2016 14:49

That's wonderful, Anneke. Congratulations to your brother!!!
:woohoo:

What made me happy today?
I woke up and could move.
I wasn't dizzy once today, thus i didn't throw up either.
I was strong enough to actually walk and so i got dressed and went for a small walk.
Very small walk BUT i was able to go by myself.
Today was an amazingly GOOD day.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 22 Nov 2016 09:19

Waking up this morning knowing i was able to secure Adele tickets to her 2nd Melbourne show yesterday!!!
I'm really getting to see her!!!
IN AUSTRALIA!!!
IN MELBOURNE, MY HOMETOWN!!!
:woohoo: <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 04 Dec 2016 06:33

Due to the strange weather we have been experiencing down here, Melbourne - Australia, we have had some late bloomers in the garden but they are SOOOO gorgeous! I'm loving the slightly warmer weather... I can move! It's meant to be Summer down here but it is closer to mid Spring temp wise.
<3 <3 <3

Anyway, before i head off for a couple weeks, enjoy these flowers!
:smoochie

My all time favourite, white roses.
<3

Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 14 Dec 2016 20:49

last weekend I went to a cosplay con, again.
And again, i tyred to cosplay as Tobi. or rather, as the Scarecrow or what i think the character looks like...

i love this shot so much! it looks like it could have been from the Scrarecrow booklet^^

and finally someone recognized my cosplay!!
when i was waiting for a pannel to start, a gril standing close to me sudenly pointed at me and said "an Avantasia T-Shirt! cool" i told her to take another look and then she said "oh my god, Tobi!! thats such an awesome idea to cosplay him"

this totaly made my day, but to top it all of, i managed to impress the prob-builder "Evil" Ted Smith^^

so, overall i had an amazing weekend with a lot of fun^^
and now i am thinking about changeing my avatar here on the forum...^^
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 16 Dec 2016 02:13

Awe, that is AWESOME!
You look great.
And it is also wonderful to hear someone saw and recognised the Avantasia shirt and than you as Tobi.
:woohoo:

Did you see Jorn at the LoL gathering in Barcelona the other day?
He does the voice of one of the singing characters in the game.
I had no idea and if i was told, which i actually have a feeling that i was told about it, i had totally forgotten.
I used to play League of Legends ages ago.
I can't believe it is still so huge!
I actually miss it to be honest BUT i miss more the gaming buddies in a gaming scenario than the actual game, i think.
But it takes up SOOOOOOOOOOO much time.
I certainly do NOT miss that!!!
:P
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 22 Jan 2017 23:36

That's a great cosplay indeed! :)

What made me happy today? Like everyday, my little girl's smile :) <3 It's so bright and powerful it could tear walls apart :)
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 23 Jan 2017 09:49

Thierry wrote:What made me happy today? Like everyday, my little girl's smile :) <3 It's so bright and powerful it could tear walls apart :)

She is ADORABLE!
I kept wanting to reach into my laptop and grab her!
<3 <3 <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 07 May 2017 14:38

Not today, but from last Wednesday to Friday, we went to another 3-day schooltrip, this time in Dordogne, with a Prehsitoric theme, we visited Lascaux (with paintings), learnt to draw and paint like Cro-Magnon, etc :) 8)

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Jarhara » 21 May 2017 11:22

pfffff it's been quite a while..... i had a lot of stuff to do recently, (working almoste 24/7...) and now i am out sick again, because of my skin condition... but, it makes me happy... finally i get a few days to relax....work is realy demanding at teh moment, and while i am allowed to take a break from it, and no one would actuelly mind if i did... i am way to determend to finish this... so it's good that i am now forced to take it slower, caus i would never have asked for a break and just would have kept going until one i day, i just collapse....

so, let's jump back a few weeks to the realy good things....
Another Cosplay con, that atended in my Tobi/Scarecrow cosplay... i think i finally finished the costume..
i was at the con for abou 15 minutes when someone came up to me and straight up aksed: "is that a cosplay of Tobias Sammet?"
i got recognised by two other people, one girl just came from behind me while i was doing karaoke and asked my for a photo^^

on most cons they have a photo station, where you can get pictures taken by a professional photografer. i usualy don't think my cosplays are good enaught to do that but when the guy asked me if i had time for some photos i did it. he told me he didn't know whatever i was cosplaying but he thaught it looked cool.
now here are the two pictures he took:

i had that bottle from the second picture with me, cause i couldn't get my cane through security and i realy liked the idear of doing a recreation of my visual interpretation of "the edge"
so here is the picture i hade a friend tae, alte that day (you propably don't see it in the pic but i was raining.. not much but i always imagine the character walking around alone in the rain...)

i love all of those photos so much^^

but now a friend is trying to convince me to wear the cosplay to the Edguy concert..... i'm not realy shure about it.... it might come of pretty creapy....
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 25 May 2017 09:12

Hey, that looks amazing!
Well done you!
And it is wonderful that people recognised you and even if they didn't, STILL wanted a picture!
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 26 May 2017 14:58

i like to think that that girl did recognise me.. i was singing Edguy and Avantasia song on our karaoke-station and, well, the costume is even more belivable if you see just my back^^

i also have to apologize, i made the character look like a bit of an alkoholic... but then again....if you listen to some lines from "Blizzard On A Broken Mirror" ( "I pray the wine my will to take and those evil hands to tie" ) or "The Edge" ( "Don't need no glory, the bottle and I")... he is kind of a little alkoholic.... (i'm not saying that Tobi is, i am just talking about the character)
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 27 May 2017 05:52

Jarhara wrote:i also have to apologize, i made the character look like a bit of an alkoholic... but then again....if you listen to some lines from "Blizzard On A Broken Mirror" ( "I pray the wine my will to take and those evil hands to tie" ) or "The Edge" ( "Don't need no glory, the bottle and I")... he is kind of a little alkoholic.... (i'm not saying that Tobi is, i am just talking about the character)

Didn't you know?
Tobi is TOTALLY a burnt out, alcoholic!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

JUST TEASING!!!
I'm sure T didn't think that if he saw it or anyone else.
I know i didn't.
:P

But reading this on the same day after reading how some 'fan' seemed SOOOO angry at Tobi over the new Edguy song and expressed it extremely rudely in the comments section, made me giggle.
The day or days before, T also had an over sensitive fan being disrespectful toward him and calling him disrespectful when in actual fact, it was the 'fan' being disrespectful toward T and others.
That also made me giggle.

It's times like that i wish there was a Ragnar gif... Something like this:

It always astounds me how these people don't see their OWN actions/words as being disrespectful and yet they 'blow up' at others for no reason at all or because someone has a differing opinion.
Just need to smile and move along... Hurriedly!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, what made me happy today?
Peace and quiet.
<3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby PeaceLoveAvantasia » 27 Dec 2017 04:58

Well, not today, although I'm still happy about it! :D

About a month ago, I had a sleepover with my 10 year old cousin, and I decided to start making her into an Edguy/Avantasia fan. I showed her a bunch of the music videos (except Lavatory Love Machine of course lol I didn't want to be responsible for exposing a child to that :lol: ). She loved Robin Hood the most which I was perfectly happy with watching on repeat :wink: And I taught her to scream "helicopter!" and "umbrella", and just about all the funny stuff I thought would get her hooked in.

Well, yesterday she had a very special present for me. She gave me an umbrella and had drawn a helicopter on the packaging :pinkhappy: Success! :cheer Next time I get to spend some time with her I'll introduce her to more music. I think within a couple years we'll have a new fan :woohoo:
PeaceLoveAvantasia
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Jarhara » 27 Dec 2017 16:46

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote: :wink: And I taught her to scream "helicopter!" and "umbrella", and just about all the funny stuff I thought would get her hooked in.

"HELICOPTER" is also a running gag around my friends and me^^
when we perpared "catch of the century" for the karaoke room, we made shure to put all of the text in the end in, with "HELICOPTER" in caps and 3 times bigger then the rest of the lyrics^^
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Thierry » 10 Mar 2018 22:07

Just killed a bot and I liked i-iiit! :lol:

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Previous

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts