Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Edguy moments in every-day life

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Melissa » 01 Dec 2008 19:16

Have you ever been in an awkward/weird/silly/good situation because of Edguy? Or been in a situation that just reminded you of Edguy or their songs? Or have a particular Edguy song that just helps you through things?

I'm sure we all have by now, so I think it'd be cool to share them here!

My story from the other day:
I was at my favorite coffee shop, and they had live music playing for the first time! Just a man and woman, a guitar, a trumpet, and their voices. It was very very nice!!

They took a break for food and sat to eat dinner and some pie. I left for a bit with a friend to get dinner of my own, and came back to find a slice of pie on my chair..turns out some other people I know had moved it from where the musicians were sitting earlier and put it there. The slice looked like someone had begun to remove a bite, but didn't get that far. So hell, why let a perfectly good piece of pie go to waste??

I considered asking them if I could eat their pie.

....You know the rest :lol: :lol:
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Sorrow » 01 Dec 2008 20:16

I bet there are a lot of these things but the first thing that I can think of right now is the meaning of Hellfire Club to me.

I bought Hellfire Club last summer at Tuska Festival. Right after the festival I had my driving test and I didn't pass it on the first time because of a stupid mistake. When I got back home I was angry at myself, felt frustrated and totally fucked up. I started listening to Hellfire Club. The album made me feel better and while listening to it I decided to pass that damn test, drive somewhere without destination, listen to Hellfire Club in the car and sing along as loudly as possible.

When I finally passed my driving test, my car stereo wasn't working at the moment so my little sister brought her laptop (yes, laptop :D ) with her in the car and we kept driving around listening to Edguy with that laptop. :lol: You can imagine how bad the quality of sound was but also that we laughed A LOT! :lol:
Pahinta on pelätä, että alkaisi pelätä.
Sorrow
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby rdyfrde » 01 Dec 2008 20:45

Any time I see helicopters (I live near the largest hospital in WA) or pineapples, I laugh for at least 10 minutes. That and scream out "Sperm!" (in the case of pineapple) :lol:

Yes Tobi, you've ruined both of them for me :P
Last edited by rdyfrde on 03 Dec 2008 00:52, edited 1 time in total.
"And the seer of fish heads said before he went blind"

http://rdyfrde.livejournal.com/

http://community.livejournal.com/edguysavages/
rdyfrde
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Gurther » 01 Dec 2008 21:39

Well, I've been in some real trouble because of Edguy... In fact, I get in those kind of troubles often :P I tend to... Talk loud sometimes when I'm really passionate, and I was talking about one of my friend (girl) who wants to have sex with Tobi (just kidding) and I said that... A little bit too loud... And the girls next to me thought I was like... A monster and screaming out that she'd sleep with a guy called Tobi... And I didn't feel like explaining it was a singer in a band, and that I was just kidding... So I walked away and each time they see me, they look at me like if I was a monster ;o

And that happened again a few days ago with another friend and Fred from DF... =X

And also, when I'm in the car, I tend to boost up the sound alot... And one time, I forgot I had my window lowered, and a policeman car stopped next to me at a red light... And I could hear them laughing, I was like WTF...? Then I looked at them,. and they were like: Come on, it's good music, but lower the sound a little, alright?

And I was just like soooo red xDDD And when the light turned green, I turned right and waited till they were far enough xDDD :P

Anyway X_X
Gurther
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Melissa » 02 Dec 2008 06:48

Aahahahahah, these are great! Keep em coming!! :razz
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Delphine Ludwig » 02 Dec 2008 07:38

I've been on a good situations cos of the edboys :)
I met my ex boyfriend on an edguy song , i met them twice how can i demand more ? ;)
A little part of me is here ;) http://dellabella88.over-blog.com/ ;)

Another little part here ;) http://twitter.com/little_del
Delphine Ludwig
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Thanatos » 02 Dec 2008 23:22

I had a hard time breaking up with my ex-girlfriend and had the feeling the RR album is written just for my situation. I felt every song like part of my life and this really helped me get over it.

Not to mention all the times I am wearing an Edguy t-shirt and a complete stranger comes to me saying "Hey, I know this band. They're awesome!" (I have to mention that Edguy are really really unknown in Bulgaria)
There's no great genius without some touch of madness...
Thanatos
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Gurther » 03 Dec 2008 06:03

Thanatos wrote:[...]

Not to mention all the times I am wearing an Edguy t-shirt and a complete stranger comes to me saying "Hey, I know this band. They're awesome!" [...]

Ha! That too! :P It happens to me too ;)
Gurther
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Miri » 07 Dec 2008 04:38

Nice topic... Today there was this English exam and a question about offensive marketing campaigns in Germany and I had absolutely no idea what to write, so I decided it's better to write complete bullshit than nothing (yes, I wrote that, too :D ) and switched the topic to Tinnitus Sanctus cover :lol: My mum didn't really enjoy looking at my poster so well, it was kind of "offensive advertisement" ... if only in my room, but who cares?! j;)
Who am I -- Spread my wings but I can't fly.
I feel sad -- I'm not good and I'm not bad.
I am bored -- I'm not Devil - I'm not God
I am nothing -- I'm just me ...
Miri
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Melissa » 07 Dec 2008 10:36

Today I looked at the time, and it was 9:29..... Just a number at sundown :razz And couldn't help but smile
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Gurther » 07 Dec 2008 14:54

Miri: Haha, you're the best xDDD

Melissa: wh00t, it's 9:56 here... I missed it :(
Gurther
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Sorrow » 07 Dec 2008 22:55

Melissa wrote:Today I looked at the time, and it was 9:29..... Just a number at sundown :razz And couldn't help but smile

Yeah, it's always nice to notice that time. :wink: Especially when my first lesson ends at 9.30 am and I pretty often happen to check the time when it's 9:29, then I get to walk out of the class humming "9-2-9, just a number at sundown!" :lol:

Oh and a couple weeks ago I found a movie called "Nine Lives"! :wink:
Pahinta on pelätä, että alkaisi pelätä.
Sorrow
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Melissa » 08 Dec 2008 03:06

I suppose my biology class a few weeks ago, with the boobies and the boobies topic, and the lil blurb of how aardvarks are in the Afrotheria clade :P
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Melissa » 25 Dec 2008 01:20

Looked at the clock at 9:29 again this morning :P
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Gurther » 14 Jan 2009 15:56

Found a box of frozen candles... There was snow in it!!! o.o
Gurther
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Miri » 15 Jan 2009 15:14

Gurther wrote:Found a box of frozen candles... There was snow in it!!! o.o

:lol: Did you burn them?? :lol:
Who am I -- Spread my wings but I can't fly.
I feel sad -- I'm not good and I'm not bad.
I am bored -- I'm not Devil - I'm not God
I am nothing -- I'm just me ...
Miri
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Melissa » 16 Jan 2009 17:38

Clock again at 9:29 :D
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby MissFreaky » 17 Jan 2009 00:24

at the moment we're talking about romanticism...and i had to think about edguy really often...not lavatory love machine...but a couple of edguy/avantasia-songs came to my mind that would fit perfectly^^dragonfly, piper never dies...maybe should tell my teacher, talking about edguy would be much more interesting than eichendorff :D
i think...in an interview tobi said, that he's quite romantic...and he's damn right
Walk on through thunder and rain and the wind in my face
MissFreaky
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby MissFreaky » 17 Jan 2009 00:44

and there is a german edguy song about a deer..."the deer jumps high, the deer jumps far! Why not? it has time..."(goes on with pig, cow, :chicken , famer, tractor...)
it's a quite funny song...my brother knows it, too...and at least once per diner one of us starts singing..."the [....] jumps high..." we just sang about anything from mofas to ice tea^^
Walk on through thunder and rain and the wind in my face
MissFreaky
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Thanatos » 17 Jan 2009 00:59

You're talking about Das Reh xD Yeah, this song kicks ass! It's so simple but so funny :D Love it!
Das Reh springt hoch, Das Reh springt weit, Warum auch nicht, Es hat ya Zeit xD
There's no great genius without some touch of madness...
Thanatos
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Next

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts