Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Edguy moments in every-day life

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Miri » 17 Jan 2009 06:06

It is originally a poem by the German comedian Heinz Erhardt! He had a lot funny, short poems similar to "Das Reh". I actually knew this one before I knew the Edguy version of it :)
Who am I -- Spread my wings but I can't fly.
I feel sad -- I'm not good and I'm not bad.
I am bored -- I'm not Devil - I'm not God
I am nothing -- I'm just me ...
Miri
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Melissa » 17 Jan 2009 08:24

Miri wrote:It is originally a poem by the German comedian Heinz Erhardt! He had a lot funny, short poems similar to "Das Reh". I actually knew this one before I knew the Edguy version of it :)

Hahaha, that's really awesome!

Today I had to buy the more expensive cricket food, which was kinda annoying, but the price was $9.29 so I guess it was ok :)
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Thierry » 23 Jan 2009 20:20

Yesterday, I was having an English lesson with my pupils :)

Listing all the names they knew about animals in English, one of them suddenly said "A Dragonfly!"

This really not a common knowledge, especially for a 10-year-old French pupil :P

As he's a metalhead, I, for a moment, thought he knew that because of Edguy... but no, it was because of some poster he has at home :P
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Sorrow » 23 Jan 2009 21:12

On Monday five exchange students from Germany arrived at my school. Today my friend said to me "Have you noticed that one of the exchange students looks like Sammet?". :D She was right, actually he does remind me of Tobi! And he's from Germany, so who knows if they're related or something. ;DD
Pahinta on pelätä, että alkaisi pelätä.
Sorrow
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Thanatos » 24 Jan 2009 11:25

Thierry wrote:Yesterday, I was having an English lesson with my pupils :)

Listing all the names they knew about animals in English, one of them suddenly said "A Dragonfly!"

This really not a common knowledge, especially for a 10-year-old French pupil :P

As he's a metalhead, I, for a moment, thought he knew that because of Edguy... but no, it was because of some poster he has at home :P

Hehe cool :D
There's no great genius without some touch of madness...
Thanatos
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Gurther » 02 Feb 2009 02:13

Thierry wrote:Yesterday, I was having an English lesson with my pupils :)

Maybe you should give him an Edguy lesson! =D

But yeah, I wish I was a metalhead back when I was 10... Sadly I wasn't :(
Gurther
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Melissa » 04 Feb 2009 02:35

Ok, this made my day, so I HAVE to share!!

Gurther proclaimed that today be Edguy shirt day, so this morning I put on my Edguy shirt, and was like hmmm, I have to make sure people can see it! So I wore a button up jacket so I could leave it un-done for people to see my Edguy pride.

I was about to walk across the street, and I hear a "heyy, were you at that show??" And we stopped and chatted for a minute! I said told him yeah, and he said he was there too, but for Kamelot mainly, but really liked Edguy. He also mentioned that he has some of Tobias's solo work, too. We parted when the crosswalk light changed with a "keep listening!"

Really, it is really difficult to find others that listen to good metal out here, so I was wayyyy excited that someone else does, recognized the shirt AND said something :)

This also belongs in the what-made-you-happy-today thread haha
<-- Remember the stars
Melissa
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Gurther » 04 Feb 2009 03:09

Melissa wrote:Ok, this made my day, so I HAVE to share!!

Gurther proclaimed that today be Edguy shirt day, so this morning I put on my Edguy shirt, and was like hmmm, I have to make sure people can see it! So I wore a button up jacket so I could leave it un-done for people to see my Edguy pride.

I was about to walk across the street, and I hear a "heyy, were you at that show??" And we stopped and chatted for a minute! I said told him yeah, and he said he was there too, but for Kamelot mainly, but really liked Edguy. He also mentioned that he has some of Tobias's solo work, too. We parted when the crosswalk light changed with a "keep listening!"

Really, it is really difficult to find others that listen to good metal out here, so I was wayyyy excited that someone else does, recognized the shirt AND said something :)

Wow, nice story! :D

It happened to me a few times too, with other bands as well, but it's always cool to have random people calling you out and talking music :)
Gurther
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Thanatos » 04 Feb 2009 09:14

Melissa wrote:Ok, this made my day, so I HAVE to share!!

Hehe, that's why the Edguy-shirt day is important :)
There's no great genius without some touch of madness...
Thanatos
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby daerek » 04 Feb 2009 09:26

I want an Edguy shirt too... :knose
Meow.
daerek
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Gurther » 04 Feb 2009 15:53

daerek wrote:I want an Edguy shirt too... :knose

Oh noes! You have to get one! XD

Is there a shop that sells metal shirts near to your home? :P

Or you could always make a custom one... Or the G2K10 shirt...? :D
Gurther
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Thierry » 16 Nov 2014 12:54

On Friday, at school, my colleague told me she was studying the tale of "Baba-Yaga" with her pupils and asked me if I knew the traditional Russian song for it...

:D :lol: :D

I spent the rest of the day head-screaming "Baba Yagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" like at the end of Edguy's song :P
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Larissa » 19 Nov 2014 11:49

I spent the rest of the day head-screaming "Baba Yagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" like at the end of Edguy's song

:lol: That's a good one. And thanks for passing it on to me. I know what my brain will be singing to me for the rest of the day :) .

I was watching some tv show a couple of days ago and one of the cast members mentioned "helicopter" in some context.
I giggled for about a minute. That word cracks me up every time! And in the most inappropriate situations.
I confused the hell out of a friend some time back because she mentioned the word and I burst into laughter :lol: .
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Harmon » 20 Nov 2014 12:15

Larissa wrote:I was watching some tv show a couple of days ago and one of the cast members mentioned "helicopter" in some context.
I giggled for about a minute. That word cracks me up every time! And in the most inappropriate situations.
I confused the hell out of a friend some time back because she mentioned the word and I burst into laughter :lol: .

:lol:

Now that's funny... I think after reading your post this is probably going to start happening to me. ;) In fact, I think I'm going to play a little "Rocket Ride" right now! 8)
Harmon
Savage Administrator!
Savage Administrator!

Postby Hard Rocker » 20 Nov 2014 20:51

Harmon wrote:
Larissa wrote:I was watching some tv show a couple of days ago and one of the cast members mentioned "helicopter" in some context.

:lol:

Now that's funny... I think after reading your post this is probably going to start happening to me. ;) In fact, I think I'm going to play a little "Rocket Ride" right now! 8)

It happened to me after reading the post :lol: To make it even funnier, it was a guy from Germany saying he wanted to become a helicopter pilot (in the tv news)! And I was like: really!? :lol: I had to laugh
19.12.10 - AVANTASIA: You bring us fantasy ||14.10.11 - EDGUY: In our lives you're 10 out of 10 || 31.05.13 - AVANTASIA's first show in Spain || 17.10.14 - EDGUY: Beware of the Love Tyger!
Hard Rocker
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby GreatWhiteBrow » 23 Nov 2014 04:00

I went to Ireland for a few days earlier this year. When flying back, one of the stewardesses was incredibly hot. I got to my seat and couldn't help but put my iPod in to play Lavatory Love Machine.
Our life is a chamber of tears, fear, and hate.
GreatWhiteBrow
SavageApprentice
SavageApprentice

Postby Larissa » 24 Nov 2014 12:06

It happened to me after reading the post

HA! :D

Spreading the helicopter virus :lol: .

We were listening to that song in the car, on the way to the gig in Kaufbeuren and when Tobi yelled the word, five people started laughing.
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Toradh » 24 Nov 2014 16:58

I know perfectly what you mean! At some point last month or so, I was lying in a MRT scanner, so I had to lie perfectly still for quite some time. Don’t worry, nothing’s broken… I volunteered for a neuroscience study (one of my best friends is a neuroscientist, so I readily volunteered that he could scan my brain… hey, he even paid me :P). Anyway, for one of the tests, I had to listen to some random words and simply concentrate on them. And continue lying still, of course. That was all. However, this is much more difficult than you think when one of the words is "Helicopter" and I had real trouble not to burst into violent laughter when I actually wasn’t even supposed to blink or even swallow or move my lips… (breathing is allowed. Best keep it low, though)
Toradh
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 25 Nov 2014 11:34

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So today while baby sitting my nephew, i finally got a chance to sit down and switch on the TV while we were drawing, only to see on National Geographic they had a doco called: Sex in the Stone Age... Needless to say i started humming "Do me like a Caveman!" and to my surprise my 2 year old nephew started humming it back to me!!!
:lol: :P
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Eddie's Bitch » 29 Nov 2014 23:49

Thierry wrote:On Friday, at school, my colleague told me she was studying the tale of "Baba-Yaga" with her pupils and asked me if I knew the traditional Russian song for it...

:D :lol: :D

I spent the rest of the day head-screaming "Baba Yagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" like at the end of Edguy's song :P

:lol: :lol: thats pretty cool!
2013 Avantasia Tour:- 2 x Pratteln, Berlin, Hamburg, Japan
2014 Edguy Tour:- Munich, Kaufbeuren, Fulda, Frankfurt, Pratteln
2016 Avantasia Tour - 2 x Pratteln, Saarbrucken, Ludwigsburg, Fulda
Eddie's Bitch
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts