What shocked you today?

Chat with other savages about anything & everything in one of our most
popular forums.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Muppet » 02 Nov 2015 11:40

Thierry wrote:This:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/goodby ... club-fire/

Seems like people never learn from others' mistakes. :(

That is terrible. When will people learn to put safety before anything else? May they rest in peace.
:(
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 21 Nov 2015 13:47

I ran into a high school friend's mother today while collecting the forgotten ingredients... That didn't shock me. What shocked me was that she was hesitant to give me a hug/kiss like always because she wasn't sure how i felt about her anymore or the others around us in the market since recent world events. She is a Muslim and wears the scarf and all. It was like a punch to the chest. This poor woman, that i have grown up with and speak to all the time but i haven't seen her in months, was too scared to hug me in public for fear of other people's looks.
*smh*

Luckily i don't give a flying f*ck what people think and it's MY neighbourhood and if they don't like it, they can kiss my arse.
*grumbles*
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 21 Nov 2015 21:28

What? That's so sad! :(

I was a little shocked at the creepy guy on the train who sat next to me and didn't stop talking to me in his creepy squeaky and creaky voice, who had very bad breath, bad teeth, the worst bitten off fingernails (ewww, it's like he tried to bite off all his fingertops!!) and then asked me if I was single.
Nope, sorry, I'm taken!!! Even though I'm not but sometimes a small lie is so much better than telling the truth :lol:
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 22 Nov 2015 04:25

It was indeed VERY sad and really did make me think about what they must be going through just because of their faith. It's heart breaking.
:(

And OMG i can truly relate to what you experienced Anneke! I do NOT miss those train rides to and from work with creepy people. And yes a white lie is better than being honest because even saying you are taken doesn't stop them sometimes. But it IS sad that you have to lie rather then be able to just enjoy your own personal space without being creeped out. Seriously, NO ONE should be so close on public transport that you can smell how bad their breath is. JUST NO!
:lol:

What shocked me today? Nothing yet but it's only half way over!
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Aywen » 22 Nov 2015 16:05

It is! It's always a bunch of rotten apples that spoils it for the rest, isn't it? If there's something that all religions have in common, it's that you shouldn't kill people. Nothing in the world can justify harming others. Nothing outside of it either, if you believe there's a big bearded man or flying spaghetti monster somewhere out there.

Well it didn't shut him up but he didn't ask for my phone number or tried to give me his so it could have been worse I guess :lol: I just feel inifinitely stupid that I didn't think of pretending to have to go to the toilet until after I got off the train!

You're such an optimist! ;)
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 23 Nov 2015 03:32

Aywen wrote:You're such an optimist! ;)

I try my best to find the silver lining or look for the positives yet to come!
:lol: :P

What shocked me today was clearing out my inbox in my email folder... I neglect my email A LOT and realising that i never responded to someone who emailed me back in April!!! I honestly thought i had sent off the email i typed out a few months ago. I feel horrible as this is the second time i have done this to that person... Yes Lara, it's you!
:o

I'm SOOOOOOOOOO bringing you an extra pack of Tim Tams next year and extra Caramello Koalas!
:( :hug
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 23 Nov 2015 23:59

What shocked me this morning when I woke up? SNOW! :o On the 23rd of November, down here where it's rather hot... I mean I was wearing a T-shirt and shorts 3 weeks ago! :lol:

Not that much, it didn't stay on the roads, but that's still an event.
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Satan » 24 Nov 2015 04:06

This :

SOULS FOR RENT !!
5$ a day !
Satan
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Muppet » 24 Nov 2015 04:27

Two kinds of Snow in November!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

What shocked me today? My dream last night where i was a mother to a beautiful little Asian girl. Now i REALLY want an Asian baby!
*hides face*
:oops:

OH GOD, that sounds so wrong, but i'm sure you all know i mean it in the most genuine and innocent of ways.
:pinkgrin: <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 06 Dec 2015 16:50

What shocked me today? Well, not today, but the whole month of November and what happened during it shocked me.

It's like you're nicely walking on the path of life, and suddenly, you are catapulted towards your future.

This is thrilling, yet really frightening!

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Larissa » 07 Dec 2015 11:31

@ Satan : that is a lovely picture :) . I am a huge Jon Snow fan, so thanks for making my day !

My dream last night where i was a mother to a beautiful little Asian girl. Now i REALLY want an Asian baby!

I know what you mean, Ness. Mommy feelings :) .
Happens to me, too from time to time.

What shocked me today? Well, not today, but the whole month of November and what happened during it shocked me. It's like you're nicely walking on the path of life, and suddenly, you are catapulted towards your future.

You found the right words, Thierry.
A lot that happened in the last six months or so shocked me.
Fugitives drowing in their thousands in the Mediterranean Sea, all those people fleeing from their countries to Europe, the attacks in Paris, the IS ...
The world is changing and for the first time in my life, I am worried about what the future will hold.
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Muppet » 08 Dec 2015 09:33

Thierry wrote:This is thrilling, yet really frightening!

You are finally a mature adult... You have grown up!!!
I think it is awesome... Scary yes but awesome! Just like you!
:hug

Larissa wrote:
Muppet wrote: My dream last night where i was a mother to a beautiful little Asian girl. Now i REALLY want an Asian baby!

I know what you mean, Ness. Mommy feelings :) .
Happens to me, too from time to time.

Yeah, they are all too permanent for me lately. If i were healthy and had a steady career, i wouldn't even hesitate in fostering/adopting a child. I would only ever considering having my own child if i had a partner that wanted children with me. But i would hope he would be open to adoption also. There are just too many children out there that need love and help already. Now i just give all my love to my nephew.

What shocked me today... Just how much Iz(one of my besties) goes above and beyond being an amazing friend. I sometimes forget as we are so far away from each other and then out of nowhere she does something so gracious and generous it moves me to tears. I always said i wanted a sister... I think i have been overlooking what has been in front of me all the while. Love you Sizzles!!!
:hug <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 08 Dec 2015 17:28

Muppet wrote: Scary yes but awesome! Just like you!

Just that! :D I just love the idea of being scary, yet awesome! :D :drool:

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 09 Dec 2015 04:28

Larissa wrote:The world is changing and for the first time in my life, I am worried about what the future will hold.

I've sadly always been worried... For as long as i can remember. I'm just too sensitive and always have been. But it is getting more and more worrying, that's for sure!
:( :hug

Thierry wrote:Just that! :D I just love the idea of being scary, yet awesome! :D :drool:

The best bit though... You aren't alone!
ENJOY IT!
:hug :hug

What shocked me today? How many dead bees i found in the garden... I don't understand how or why, but they were everywhere.
:cry:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Satan » 14 Dec 2015 16:48

All the secret is in the details...

In Fallout 4, when you are in a Power Armor and it rains, you can see the rain drops form and glide down the helmet's glass :eek

Here's a little screenshot :

SOULS FOR RENT !!
5$ a day !
Satan
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Muppet » 15 Dec 2015 08:31

Ohhh, those rain drops look so real!
:o

How is the game? Any good?
:)

What shocked me today? I have lost all ability to tell how old someone is. I just can't do it anymore. I used to be so good at it.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Satan » 16 Dec 2015 04:43

The game is amazing so far !

Yeah it's a total social life murderer, but i'm all alone until Xmas so, better distract myself than start to drink :lol:

I'll upload a short clip showing the rain effect in a few minutes :)

EDIT : here's the short clip.

https://youtu.be/VfqMQd9sMG0
SOULS FOR RENT !!
5$ a day !
Satan
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Muppet » 16 Dec 2015 08:19

Oh nooooooooooooooo... Crispy you should NOT have shown me that! I miss gaming so much and that just makes me want to jump right back in!
*hides face*

Actually i miss playing my Avi... Bow, wings and full leather body suit, riding an over sized Rooster!
:lol: :P <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Larissa » 16 Dec 2015 09:36

The screenshot looks so realistic!
I am not a rgamer. The only ones I played were Wipe Out and Street Fighter a very long time ago.
A former friend of mine used to play Resident Evil and it scared my pants off.
But looking at some of the games that are around today ... they are impressive!
Speramus Meliora; Resurget Cineribus

Life was easier when apples and blackberries were just fruit ...

http://www.lara-moeller.de
Larissa
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Muppet » 16 Dec 2015 11:59

Larissa wrote:and Street Fighter a very long time ago.

I used to play Street Fighter too. I always went Chun Li or Cammy OR Honda!!!

Bah who am i kidding... I still behave like a child for about the first 5-10 minutes of playing street fighter these days and then i get bored!
:P :lol:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts