Edguy & Avantasia Forums

[band] Blind Guardian

Discuss other bands, albums, and tours inside this forum.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Pepper » 15 Aug 2006 16:21

Yeah I'm so excited of the new album and of course the gig in Lichtenfels :wink:
Come Into The Painting On The Wall, So The Joker Smiles
Pepper
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby UYM » 19 Aug 2006 20:31

Just to let you know that Hansi and André will be the special guests of Crusher from Metal Reigns this Sunday.
You can hear the show at : http://www.kwtfworldwide.com/

Hansi will be on at 1:30 pm EST (10:30 am PST) and André at 4:30 pm EST (1:30 pm PST). Just calculate the hour for yourself... :P See http://metalreigns.com or http://www.kwtfworldwide.com/ to have the full program.
If you set up an account at kwtf you can be in the chatroom in the same time than the show and interact with it.

Enjoy... :)
Use Your Mind...
UYM
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Delphine Ludwig » 31 Aug 2006 11:18

anyone will go to Pratteln on 7th september for seeing them?

I'll be there , so it would be cool to have a meet :wink:
A little part of me is here ;) http://dellabella88.over-blog.com/ ;)

Another little part here ;) http://twitter.com/little_del
Delphine Ludwig
SavageMaster
SavageMaster

Postby Heaven » 31 Aug 2006 17:22

I have ordered the new Blind Guardian album, I got an email from Amazon.de today that they already sent it to me, so I'm going to have it tomorrow :).

I'm quite anxious to listen to it, cause I didn't like 'A Night at the Opera' this much.
¡We must be over the Rainbow!
Drachenlady.net
Heaven
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Thierry » 01 Oct 2006 21:18

Saw BG on stage yesterday in Antwerpen and it kicked more than major ass. Simply perfect, perfect atmosphere, perfect setlist (MAJESTYYYYYYYYYYY).... for my first BG gig, I'm under the spell :) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Thierry » 14 Oct 2008 16:35

Decided to undig this topic (one of the many topics regarding the band) to let you know that a new song is available on Youtube (only, hence the poor audio quality)

It was composed for the forthcoming videogame "Sacred 2" and is called... "Sacred" :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fakNlgh ... -t233.html

Enjoy :)

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Torek » 15 Oct 2008 13:19

I heard an edited version (about 3 mins) of the song weeks ago already and found it way too short and cut - I mean hey, BG don't do 3 minute songs, and it's better that way - you'll understand when listening to the full version (the one Thierry posted), I heard it yesterday already and can't stop playing the video despite the poor youtube quality... :D

BG never cease to amaze me (and glad to hear Hansi's rough screams are back!)
Epic song!
...and then another day to kill, but no time left to spill...
Torek
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Thierry » 18 Feb 2009 16:49

NEWS!!

News from Hansi
2009-02-18 close
It was around Christmas when I was thinking about another short message for the homepage. As you can guess we all turned much older in the meantime - without a message. And even though February is here I still dare to wish you a Happy New Year. I trust that 2009 started promising for everyone. As usual there is a lot to tell, so I better start before you skip this due to boredom. Let's talk about new material and future plans:

We have already accomplished 8 new songs. What can I say about these songs? They rule, of course. You want a more precise description? Impossible. All I can say is that each and every song is 100% Blind Guardian, which naturally means there is a wild bunch of different things going on from time to time (always?).

According to atmospheres: we have everything from the more Nightfallish "Curse my Name" , to the Scriptish "Wheel of Time". In comparison to "A Twist in the Myth" the lyrical direction will be more on the fantasy side as you most probably can figure out by these titles. The song "Sacred" will give you an idea about the quality and the direction of the songs. We have mixed modern elements with traditional ones throughout the whole songs. We may need two or three more tracks before we can call it a complete album, but being that far in the songwriting process we nevertheless have made first plans for a production start in September or October 2009.

Apart from songwriting we will be heavily engaged in preproduction activities and in playing festivals during the next months. As a majority of the new songs seem to demand a sort of "live" atmosphere, we consider it to be good idea breathing in some real "live" air before we will finally get lost in the "Twilight Hall studios" again. As for the festivals you can find the already confirmed ones in the tour section. We will immediately list the "not yet confirmed" shows once they are confirmed.

In accordance to these events I can promise you some surprising songs (though most probably no new ones) and a nice stage set up. In total we are not going to play more than 10 shows, I would think. I am sure they all will turn out to be a great blast and a unique experience for everyone joining us. I will let you know what else is going on around Easter (that ´s at least when I will start thinking about another short message...).

Hansi

source: official website.

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Torek » 18 Feb 2009 18:35

sounds great!!!, BUT:

they already have 8 new songs, yet they won't start recording before autumn? :o
SLOW as always, but at least they deliver the goods...
Torek
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby rdyfrde » 22 Feb 2009 01:40

Torek wrote:they already have 8 new songs, yet they won't start recording before autumn? :o

The Orchestral album will probably be released between that time.
"And the seer of fish heads said before he went blind"

http://rdyfrde.livejournal.com/

http://community.livejournal.com/edguysavages/
rdyfrde
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Torek » 03 Mar 2009 13:46

rdyfrde wrote:
Torek wrote:they already have 8 new songs, yet they won't start recording before autumn? :o

The Orchestral album will probably be released between that time.

ah c'mon, seriously they've been saying that for years and years now - I won't believe it until I hold the cd in my hands
Torek
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Promised Land » 02 Dec 2010 20:09

Wow.. I can't believe that the Blind Guardian topic died for 4 years!

Anyway.. they're currently touring the U.S. .. and unlike a lot of European bands, they aren't curtailing their setlists (playing a full two hours) and they're not keeping the setlist to just U.S. released albums, but are going all the way back to their early albums as well as newer stuff from 1998 forward (thats when they started existing for U.S. fans that didn't import) :) ..

They're playing 15-16 songs a night, which is awesome..3-4 songs from the new album, and not just relying on songs like Valhalla, Bright Eyes, and some of their other standards to fill out the setlist. I'm excited.

And, almost as good - they have Seven Kingdoms and Holy Grail as openers - NO metalcore, which is almost unheard of on a U.S. tour. :) Seven Kingdoms is good, female-fronted power metal. Holy Grail is traditional heavy metal - think Iron Maiden meets Judas Priest meets Accept, with an American accent. :) They're very awesome.

Can't wait for this show - anyone else in the U.S. going? How about in Dallas?
"Thierry" is French for "Buys lots of pandora bracelets using cheap wow gold"..

Time won't wait for those who stay behind to wait for time..
Promised Land
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Promised Land » 14 Dec 2010 14:25

Blind Guardian's Dallas show is tonight at Trees.. I am so pumped.. :)

Promised Land
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Promised Land » 15 Dec 2010 15:37

Blind Guardian/Holy Grail/Seven Kingdoms was easily the best total show that I've ever seen, hands down (since I obviously didn't make it out of the U.S. to see Avantasia) :)

Edguy '07 was still my favorite concert (since I got to meet the band), but having to stand through 2 hours to death and metalcore kinda sucked. :)

Amazingly, there were easily 500 people at Trees, and they've definitely upgraded the sound system.. outstanding venue, and except for the drunk who tried crowd surfing (really?) and a couple of drunks trying to force their way to the stage past people who had been in front for 2 hours, it was an awesome show with an awesome crowd.

Plus, Hansi took my request for "Bright Eyes" in the middle of their set. :)

Promised Land
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby IloveSchalke » 22 Sep 2011 22:45

I absolutely adore blind Guardian, they were one of the first power metal bands I ever listened to, and the new album is absolutely remarkable, just as remarkable as albums like battle for middle Earth and a night at the Opera. hansi Kursch's voice is unique and remarkable, and so are the guitars and their tone.
Fly with me, forever higher, and with these wings we'll set the world on fire! Fly with me, through scorching skies, you and I the lie of lies! - (Set the World on fire - Symphony X)
IloveSchalke
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Arafad » 23 Sep 2011 06:45

My favs are the albums Tales From The Twilight World, Somewhere Far Beyond and Imagination From The Other Side. On this plates they found the best mix of bombast and speed metal.

(sorry that Rangnick left, but I don't like your club because I am a BVB-fan)
Arafad
SavageApprentice
SavageApprentice

Postby POWERDAVE » 26 Sep 2012 16:49

wHAT DO YOU THINK Of the album "A twist in myth"
Youre Alive! said the Maker and smile at the Avdaark!
POWERDAVE
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Thierry » 26 Sep 2012 17:00

I wasn't that thrilled when it was released. I sure listened to it a lot, but I haven't done so for maybe 3 or 4 years, apart from "Fly" or "Another Stranger Me".

I should give it a second chance, but somehow, I don't want to for the moment. Maybe (I insist on the "Maybe") their weakest effort so far.

Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Aywen » 26 Sep 2012 18:34

Thierry wrote:I wasn't that thrilled when it was released. I sure listened to it a lot, but I haven't done so for maybe 3 or 4 years, apart from "Fly" or "Another Stranger Me".

I should give it a second chance, but somehow, I don't want to for the moment. Maybe (I insist on the "Maybe") their weakest effort so far.

I bought the cd for those two tracks, and probably because I found it somewhere not too expensive, and it looks nice. I haven't listened it enough to memorize the other songs :P
Still so many secrets, and so many tales untold remain...
Aywen
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Master of Babylon » 26 Sep 2012 19:29

I JUST LIKe "The New Order" (or whats it called...) the other songs are stupid
i dunno its an ok album butt
not very remarkable
It's Tobi, not Toby
Master of Babylon
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

PreviousNext