Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Is the 2017 tour finished?.... Heartbroken:(

Discuss Avantasia's upcoming album "Ghostlights" and the Ghostlights World Tour!

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby PaddyWhack » 12 Aug 2017 00:46

New avantasia fan here from Ireland. Thank Spotify and my awesome taste in music for bringing avantasia to me! ;)

Looking on the website I don't see anymore 2017 gigs. Anyone know if there are any planned In Europe? I have to see these guys live!!

PaddyWhack
PaddyWhack
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby PeaceLoveAvantasia » 12 Aug 2017 04:51

Hello PaddyWhack! :pinkhi:

I'm new here, too, except I've been an Avantasia fan for a couple years (although I've only become a serious fan more recently).

Unfortunately, there are no more Avantasia gigs this year. The last album came out in early 2016 and they already did their tour for that album. This year was just supposed to be a couple festivals like Wacken (which occurred just last weekend). Now another album has to be written and produced before they go back on tour. If you check out the Avantasia Facebook page you'll see that new songs are being composed right now.

Avantasia is a supergroup formed by Tobias Sammet (lead singer and songwriter of Edguy). Everybody else are guest musicians, even ones who appear on every album or most albums. So they all have their own bands and can't play with Avantasia full time. I don't know how much you know about Avantasia if you've just started listening to their music, but if you really love Tobi's songwriting, maybe you'd be interested in seeing Edguy live? They're celebrating their 25th anniversary this year and have a tour in Europe during September and October. Edguy music sounds similar (although not exactly the same) as Avantasia music because the same person writes all the songs (Tobias Sammet). Just be aware Edguy has a lot more joke songs than Avantasia does which can be confusing if you aren't used to the band's style.

If you really really can't wait for Avantasia to go on tour again, try watching live clips on Youtube. That's what I did to really fall in love with the band. They're so charismatic on stage :pinkgrin:

Which Avantasia songs have you listened to so far? And which ones are your favorites? My favorite is Let The Storm Descend Upon You from the most recent Ghostlights album. My first favorite was The Seven Angels from the Metal Opera II and that was also the first Avantasia song I ever heard, when I clicked on a Youtube link labeled "the most epic metal song ever" :lol:

I love to talk about Avantasia, so feel free to ask any questions you want!
PeaceLoveAvantasia
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Muppet » 12 Aug 2017 05:31

Unfortunately you JUST missed them.
Wacken was the last date on the Ghostlights Tour.

The below screen grab is of a post from the Official Avantasia Facebook page - Photo missing:

A link to the page is also provided below:
https://www.facebook.com/avantasia/

And if you are interested in Edguy, here is the official Facebook Page link:
https://www.facebook.com/edguy/

:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Thierry » 15 Aug 2017 15:42

(BTW Ness, we can't see your uploaded pic, it says something about updating an account to enable 3rd party hosting :T )
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Muppet » 17 Aug 2017 08:46

Thierry wrote:(BTW Ness, we can't see your uploaded pic, it says something about updating an account to enable 3rd party hosting :T )

Urghhh...
I guess that's what Photobucket was trying to tell me but i kept ignoring it as i had Add-Blocker on and refused to add it to my 'allow' list!
:lol:

Ok, i guess this slow Dinosaur needs to find a new site for hosting pics that can be linked.
:P

Thank you Titi!
:hug
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Return to The Avantasia Discussion Forum!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts