Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Tobias Sammet's Rock Show Playlists

Have fun discussing the Defenders Of The Heavy
Metal Crown - Edguy!

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby Jarhara » 09 Feb 2018 16:36

Muppet wrote:It only makes me sad when they spend the rest of the year not showing it or hating on each other but then come V-Day, it's all about gifts, fancy dinners and bullshit.
It's like those Facebook couples that constantly post lovey-dovey messages to each other for all to see but their nearest and dearest know they are close to breaking up because they are at each other's throats or looking elsewhere for love.
The grand illusion of what love is supposed to be, played out for all to see.
:roll:

that's one of my main reasons why I hate it.
it really feels like it's not about actual love but about this pretentious shit like "oh look how happy we two are, we are just so fortunate to have found each other"... also a lot of people get this really strange attitude towards anyone who does not currently have a lover..... if v-day is suppose to be a day of love then why act like love among friends and family doesn't count? but on the other hand, we already have x-mas to celebrate love in general... so , in my eyes v-day is the holiday of pretentious, show-off couples...there is nothing romantic about that, and yet I always get insulted as being "super unromantic" and "a downer" just because i hate how crazy everyone turns on v-day....

and for the rest of February... i believe i told you about this one phase of my life where i had this friend with depression and then, while i was sacrificing almost every minute of my life to cheer her up, my granddad suddenly died... well, that was one of the hardest parts of my life and, well it all happened in February. not to mention, a lot of people that mattered to me died in February, like actors, members of favorite bands.. and so on... it happened again this year, by the way..... can't i get one year without someone i like dying in February?

(yup, definitely having keyboard problems. When was the last time I changed those batteries?)
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 10 Feb 2018 08:58

Jarhara wrote:also a lot of people get this really strange attitude towards anyone who does not currently have a lover....

Oh trust me, i have been single for so long now that it falls on deaf ears with me.
But i get that ANYDAY not just V-Day!
Just take it in your stride and try not to let it get to you.
:wink:

If i had $$$ for every time i had someone try to set me up or ask me: "Why is a woman like you still single?" OR why i have never married and/or had children, i would be happily single AND filthy rich!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just remind people to look after their own love lives.

But on the flip side, do you wish you were in a relationship?

And yes, i had forgotten about why Febraury was so difficult for you.
I'm sorry.
:hug
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 10 Feb 2018 12:53

No problem...
And I am a happy single, too. No need for a relationship.... Just for those people to keep their mouths shut, mostly when I already feel like either crying or running away
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 11 Feb 2018 05:15

Jarhara wrote:mostly when I already feel like either crying or running away

:( :hug

I don't know what to say to that.
It just makes me sad.
Not matter what i say, we each need to discover our own journey and learn from it.
:hug
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 11 Feb 2018 05:16

Oooppps, it went through as a double post.
Sorry!
I have A LOT of trouble posting in these forums.
It always times out or the Edguy server does not connect.
Or it just freezes.
So i apologise in the future if i ever double post, chances are i've lost connection to the site and can't log back in to correct it.
:)
Last edited by Muppet on 11 Feb 2018 06:33, edited 1 time in total.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Jarhara » 11 Feb 2018 07:05

this way sound stupid, but every time I try to ignore that it´s february, then someone that somehow matters to me dies and it sends me right back to this year and I just can´t help but feel depressed.... only good february is the shortest month of the year
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 12 Feb 2018 08:25

I don't know what to say, really.
I think you may need to forgive yourself first, before it starts to get better.
People are going to pass away.
Sadly, it's a very painful part of life.
I hope i don't sound harsh because i'm not meaning to be.
I just think maybe you are putting too much on yourself, in regards to what happened with your time spent when your grandfather passed.
You need to forgive yourself for that before you can move forward with regards to healing the hurt of losing him.
Try to honour him by remembering all that was 'you and your grandfather'.
He lives on through you with all the lessons and memories he has given you.
Don't let one bad moment ruin those memories for you around his anniversary.
As for others that may pass or have also passed in February, it may be easier for you to deal with it once you have let go of that other pain.
Dealing with death is never easy and we are all just trying our best to figure out life.
I'm sure your Grandfather knew you loved him regardless.
:hug :hug :hug
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 15 Feb 2018 13:13

Ok, that's strange.
The playlist for this week's show has been updated in the 2nd last post on page 73!
Yes, that's right, it seems some posts must have been deleted thus the playlists are now at the end on page 73.

I didn't get to listen in today but i'll play catch up.

The playlist looks rather lovely.
I wish i had more to say but i'm super sleepy so my brain keeps going blank...
Have you ever been so tired where you just keep forgetting what it is you wanted to say or you just can't think straight?
Yep, that's how i am, right about now!
So i'm off to bed!
God, i wish it would rain, i miss the rain so bad!!!
It helps me sleep.
*sigh*

Like always, thanks for doing what you do, Lollilegs!
I look forward to catching up and until next week, BE SAFE!
:pinkgrin:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 17 Feb 2018 11:49

Hiya!

Just posting a farewell here!

I won't be posting in here anymore as the forum is a struggle for me to connect to and to stay connected to.

I'll also be handing my playlists to someone else to upload under my Muppet account.

If they can't do it, i'll try but i won't be posting anything else anymore.

So please don't PM me on here anymore as i won't be around to respond.

Take care all and please be safe!

Enjoy the TSRS, i know i will weekly and i'll maybe see some of you over at the Facebook comments by Avantasia/Edguy.

As for this Savage home here, it's been an absolute pleasure to be apart of this family and post in here.
Thank you for all the friendships, memories and being a safe place to vent and just be me.

As always... BE SAFE!!!

Peace out!
:smoochie <3
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby PeaceLoveAvantasia » 17 Feb 2018 20:26

:( :-?

I haven't had any problems signing on. I'm really sorry you do and that's why you don't want to do it anymore.

I want you to know that I've really enjoyed reading your posts here. Maybe someday if you get a new computer or move or something else changes that allows you to access the site again you can return. If I'm still here then, I will definitely welcome you back!

I guess the only other thing is now I can't rely on you to provide recordings of the show when I need them. Is there anyone else here who can help me with that?! I might need to figure out how to do it myself or just accept missing an occasional week. :cry: I'll be on a trip skiing two weeks from now so it's coming up fast.

Otherwise, I hope you stay safe too. I keep the Avantasia Facebook page open on my computer to read posts and comments, but because I hate Facebook and refuse to make an account I can't make any comments myself... maybe it's time to make an account anyway just for that purpose. I could use a fake name so no one I know in real life would know it's me. :sweatdrop:
PeaceLoveAvantasia
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Muppet » 18 Feb 2018 03:04

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:I want you to know that I've really enjoyed reading your posts here.

Thank you.

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:Maybe someday if you get a new computer or move or something else changes that allows you to access the site again you can return. If I'm still here then, I will definitely welcome you back!

It's been happening since April 2016 as it started happening while i was in Germany on holiday trying to log in and post the playlists.
And it has gotten worse.
I created a new account on here when it happened and it logged in with no issues but 'Muppet' has issues and it's gotten worse when i try to log in and from any pc.
Thierry helped me out back in April 2016 but there is only so much he can do.
I tried sending Harmon emails but it was sent back to me as i was told that email no longer works.
I posted for help in here and got no real response.
So the fact it is almost 2 years on and it has gotten worse, not better, i think i have been patient enough.

Between caring for my mother who had a stroke last year and my own injury that has gone backwards since December 2016, i don't have the time to sit and try upload a playlist to a site that should only take 5 minutes but in actual fact can take hours for me to try and get it to work for me.
I don't have time or the patience for that anymore.

I clear the cache and it connects easily and log in is a breeze BUT as soon as i log into Muppet, it goes all weird and wonky.
Everything gets corrupted.
So i am thinking there is something wrong with the 'Muppet' account.
It's strange and beyond my understanding.
I can only relay what i have experienced.
BUT I'm tired of it.
It's strange.
*shrugs*

But it is all good.

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:I guess the only other thing is now I can't rely on you to provide recordings of the show when I need them. Is there anyone else here who can help me with that?! I might need to figure out how to do it myself or just accept missing an occasional week. :cry: I'll be on a trip skiing two weeks from now so it's coming up fast.

Yes you can.
Just post in here when you need an upload and it will be done.
AND if you have a Facebook, come find me (THE REAL ME AS THERE ARE FAKE ONES APPEARING):
https://www.facebook.com/vanessawloch

You can message me anytime on there if you need a copy of the show and i'll get you a link.
Just know in advance if we become friends, i have all Sammet fans on total restrictions.
It is nothing personal.
I don't accept friend requests from his fans anymore BUT on the odd occasion, like now, when i offer to connect, they are all put on the strict list due to having been hacked and attacked since 2005 - present.
I don't think anyone enjoys having their personal details and photos spread or used to create fake accounts.
I hope you understand.

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:I could use a fake name so no one I know in real life would know it's me. :sweatdrop:

Do it!
I have a gaming account under the name of Aviana Oscar.
Sometimes i forget i am logged in as Avi on Facebook and respond to Avanatsia/Edguy...
Then you'll see an edit appear on my post with: "Sorry, i'm gaming - It's Ness!"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

After having a guy fall in love with me from the US and want to come find me as i used my real name at the start - Noob!!!
And he did find out all about me and sent me hand written letters and cards, i learnt very fast to use a fake name while gaming online.

I even had a guy profile for a while, as females get the wrong kind of attention.
So now i just say i'm a guy playing as a female and no, i don't have a working mic on my headset for chat.
:-P :lol:

So sign up.
If only to follow your interests.

I just wanted to clear that up for you and let you know you can still ask for help in here.
I'll either see it or hear about it.

I love helping/sharing and i'm one of the rare ones where i ask for nothing in return but a smile and a thank you.
Enjoy your holiday!

EDIT: I haven't had ONE issue logging in today and posting or editing!
WTF?!
:roll:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby PeaceLoveAvantasia » 19 Feb 2018 06:23

Muppet wrote:
PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:Maybe someday if you get a new computer or move or something else changes that allows you to access the site again you can return. If I'm still here then, I will definitely welcome you back!

It's been happening since April 2016 as it started happening while i was in Germany on holiday trying to log in and post the playlists.
And it has gotten worse.
I created a new account on here when it happened and it logged in with no issues but 'Muppet' has issues and it's gotten worse when i try to log in and from any pc.
Thierry helped me out back in April 2016 but there is only so much he can do.
I tried sending Harmon emails but it was sent back to me as i was told that email no longer works.
I posted for help in here and got no real response.
So the fact it is almost 2 years on and it has gotten worse, not better, i think i have been patient enough.

Oh ok, yeah that's terrible. And really strange. Maybe you just posted too much? :P You have more posts than I think anyone else has here, so maybe the site can't handle it for some reason. I guess you've already decided to not go with the "Muppet II" account option?

Muppet wrote:
PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:I guess the only other thing is now I can't rely on you to provide recordings of the show when I need them. Is there anyone else here who can help me with that?! I might need to figure out how to do it myself or just accept missing an occasional week. :cry: I'll be on a trip skiing two weeks from now so it's coming up fast.

Yes you can.
Just post in here when you need an upload and it will be done.

Yeeeeeessss!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!! :hug :woohoo: I think I've become way too attached to hearing Tobi's voice every week. I can't bear the idea of going without it anymore. It's like an addiction :roll:

Muppet wrote:AND if you have a Facebook, come find me (THE REAL ME AS THERE ARE FAKE ONES APPEARING):
https://www.facebook.com/vanessawloch

You can message me anytime on there if you need a copy of the show and i'll get you a link.
Just know in advance if we become friends, i have all Sammet fans on total restrictions.

Don't worry, I completely understand. :) You need to draw a line somewhere, and being hacked is horrible. I take online privacy very seriously, hence my wanting to not use my real name on Facebook.

That guy sounds scary :eek I'm sure he meant well, but unwanted attention is no way to show your love!

I tend to be quite slow getting around to things, so we'll see, but I just might make an account this week or next week or who knows. :P I know which one's you. I don't want to say you're obvious, but there's only one person who calls Tobi "Lollilegs" :wink:

If there is one thing out there that convinces me to join Facebook, it's Avantasia/Edguy/Tobi. I just can't say no apparently :lol: I'm reminded of the one line in "The Piper Never Dies" "I've got you paralyzed, child" oh god lol I'm done for

One way or another, I will get those recordings :cool Thanks so much. And it's nice getting to talk to other fans, since none of my friends are really into this music and don't get it. :sweatdrop:

Muppet wrote:Enjoy your holiday!

I will! Haven't skied for three years, but my dad wanted to take me and my brother out for a nice trip. It will be nice spending time with part of the family :)

See ya, Muppet! :pinkhi:
PeaceLoveAvantasia
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Muppet » 22 Feb 2018 13:43

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:I guess you've already decided to not go with the "Muppet II" account option?

Hahahahahhaaaa
Yeah, no...
Maybe i have indeed posted too much.
Actually, no, i KNOW i have!
:lol:

It's time for me to take the hint i guess!
:P

But seriously, since posting that, i came back the folllowing day or so and it was working perfectly.
I keep coming back to check and it connects every time without fail and without any issues in posting.
I have NO IDEA what has changed.
I psyched myself up to leave as i had, had enough.
Now i feel like a Drama Queen because it is running so smooth.
I'm at a loss...
Do i stay or do i go?!

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:Don't worry, I completely understand. :) You need to draw a line somewhere, and being hacked is horrible. I take online privacy very seriously, hence my wanting to not use my real name on Facebook.

Yeah, you only need to look at the comments section on the Avantasia Facebook page, Edguy Facebook page and Tobi's Twitter account to realise there are still a few very obsessed and twisted 'fans' that keep hounding people under various fake accounts as well as fight against each other for attention.

So be forewarned, if you are a new account posting, with everything set to private , they may target you too but just ignore them and block them OR tell them to fuck off and block them.
No matter what you decide, just end it with blocking them.
I've got more than 40 fake accounts of theirs blocked, including fake me's and they keep coming.
Out of sight, out of mind.
Leave them to their own little cesspool of De Clerambault Syndrome!
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!!!

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:I don't want to say you're obvious, but there's only one person who calls Tobi "Lollilegs" :wink:

Yes, yes i do!
8) :pinkgrin:

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:I will! Haven't skied for three years, but my dad wanted to take me and my brother out for a nice trip. It will be nice spending time with part of the family :)

That sounds beyond lovely.
Enjoy yourself and stay safe.
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 22 Feb 2018 14:42

Sorry, i'm so distracted tonight.
:P

The playlist for this week has been added to the 2nd last post on page 73.

I didn't get to listen in but like always i'll play catch up.
The playlist looks wonderful and i look forward to listening in this weekend some time.
Thank you for doing what you do, like always Lollilegs and i look forward to next week.
Be safe!
:pinkgrin:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Previous

Return to The Edguy Discussion Forum!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts