Edguy & Avantasia Forums

Hello guys, cheers from Moscow

Recently registered? Introduce yourself to the forum's Savages here.

Moderators: Gurther, Harmon, Thierry

Postby vasi.lichtenberg » 22 Mar 2018 17:26

Hi everyone!
My name is Vasi Lichtenberg, I am from Moscow, Russia. I love power metal and Edguy was my first PMband. Also I like Avantasia, and I was inspired to create my own band by Avantasia:) Now I'm working on my own songs and making our first EP "Dreamland". By the way, we playing old school power metal.
Feel free to add me as a friend on Facebook!
Nice to meet you!
With love,
Vasi Lichtenberg
vasi.lichtenberg
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Master of Babylon » 22 Mar 2018 19:57

Welcome, you chose a bad time to join here if you are looking for conversations because this forum is dead. :D :knose
It's Tobi, not Toby
Master of Babylon
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Thierry » 22 Mar 2018 22:07

Welcome on board(s)! :)

MoB is quite right, there have been times when this place was more lively... but well, might come back! :)
Maybe it's better for you, mankind, not to know what's going on!

Webzine "La Guilde du Metal", available in French
Webzine Artzone Chronicles
Finntroll-France
Thierry
SavageModerator!
SavageModerator!

Postby Master of Babylon » 22 Mar 2018 23:02

Maybe when Edguy release a good album again? No wait, then the forum would have been dead since 2008... :P :roll:
It's Tobi, not Toby
Master of Babylon
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby PeaceLoveAvantasia » 23 Mar 2018 03:58

Welcome Vasi!

Even though there is not as much activity on here than there was in the past, I wouldn't call it totally dead. A couple comments a week. I think people just like discussing the bands in private conversations on Facebook more than publicly on forums anymore. But you can help! If you post questions, someone will probably answer :)

It's really great you have your own band. That must be awesome! I like to sing, but I'm more a choir person type than in the spotlight. :lol: And I haven't really sang since college.

Feel free to read through the archived posts here. I learned a lot while doing that. :)

Master of Babylon, what do you mean? I think all the Edguy albums are good :) Different albums for different moods. I love everything! <3
PeaceLoveAvantasia
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Master of Babylon » 23 Mar 2018 16:11

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:Master of Babylon, what do you mean? I think all the Edguy albums are good :) Different albums for different moods. I love everything! <3

I'm salty like that 8) I dislike Tobi's recent Edguy stuff. I also dislike Tobi's recent persoanlity, the shit he writes on facebook... jesus.
It's Tobi, not Toby
Master of Babylon
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Jarhara » 23 Mar 2018 23:01

PeaceLoveAvantasia wrote:Even though there is not as much activity on here than there was in the past, I wouldn't call it totally dead. A couple comments a week.

Yup, it's more like a graveyard. A lot of dead people but also a few living persons who come by at a regular basis.

Always good to see new members, makes me feel less alone. :) although I do get a little jealous of anyone who can play an instrument. I'm totally not a musician, even got kicked out of flute-class at my school cause I was so bad.....
I'm just another Scarecrow
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby Muppet » 24 Mar 2018 03:27

Jarhara wrote:Yup, it's more like a graveyard. A lot of dead people but also a few living persons who come by at a regular basis.

I HAVE always had a fondness for graveyards.
:P

Jarhara wrote: I'm totally not a musician, even got kicked out of flute-class at my school cause I was so bad.....

Maybe it was just the wrong instrument for you?
I tried learning the flute but it used to hurt my eyes balls.
Having to purse my top lip like that would pull down on my cheeks and strain my eyes.
:lol: :P

Master of Babylon wrote:I also dislike Tobi's recent persoanlity, the shit he writes on facebook... jesus.

I'm taking the bait.

What has he been saying?
I've been reading everything and i can't recall anything 'bad'.
*scratches head*

BUT i also know that Facebook doesn't show me everything as i have A LOT of profiles blocked so if he responds to someone i have blocked, which is quite a number of his fans, than i won't see it.
You can usually tell if i have reacted to his post or not, as to whether or not i have seen it.
:lol:

I'm really intrigued now!

And Vasi, if i haven't already welcomed you, HI!
Welcome to the forums!
:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Master of Babylon » 27 Mar 2018 16:15

It's just so obnoxious how he is shitting on his older albums. Have gotten into a fight with him and his narrow-minded fankids more than once over this :D Seems like it is a bad thing to like his older music. I got so annoyed that I unfollowed his FB pages. Other artists are proud of their albums, he just keeps saying how shit it was :lol:
So yeah, it's a personal thing, nothing actually bad he does. He just annoys me with this.
It's Tobi, not Toby
Master of Babylon
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Jarhara » 27 Mar 2018 17:29

Muppet wrote:I HAVE always had a fondness for graveyards.

Me too.
One of my friends showed me this amazing graveyard that overlooks the fields all the way to the river and the train tracks on the other side of the River. Very pretty and the perfect place for watching the sun set.

Muppet wrote:Maybe it was just the wrong instrument for you?

I also tried guitar but I just couldn't get any sound out of an acoustic and it took me 3 months to learn 2 chords on the electrical. It still took me a couple of seconds to switch from playing one chord to the other... So yeahr, I'm just not compatible with music instruments

But Tobi talking bad about his old work? Not that I've ever seen it on Facebook. Most posts I get from him are the exact opposite, celebrating the anniversary of every album, single and video and talking about how much he still loves them.
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Postby vasi.lichtenberg » 27 Mar 2018 20:33

Thanks a lot guys! So, as I see, this forum is not dead:D And I'm glad to meet such a friendly people like you:)
With love,
Vasi Lichtenberg
vasi.lichtenberg
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby vasi.lichtenberg » 27 Mar 2018 20:42

To be honestly, I even didn't thought that somebosy will answer me and I was surprised when you all left some comments in this topic... Oh, and yes, the one person (nickname Hardscope) from this forum added me on Facebook as a friend. That's a honor for me:) In Russia I met maybe 5 people who like Edguy, and I think it's good that we live in 21 century when everyone have Internet and when people from difference countries can talk like now. :toast Oh, and yes, I'm sorry for my English, I think it's terrible :lol:
With love,
Vasi Lichtenberg
vasi.lichtenberg
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Muppet » 29 Mar 2018 09:37

Master of Babylon wrote:It's just so obnoxious how he is shitting on his older albums. Have gotten into a fight with him and his narrow-minded fankids more than once over this :D Seems like it is a bad thing to like his older music. I got so annoyed that I unfollowed his FB pages. Other artists are proud of their albums, he just keeps saying how shit it was :lol:
So yeah, it's a personal thing, nothing actually bad he does. He just annoys me with this.

Why would you fight with him about it?
There is no right or wrong, just a difference of opinion.
Awwwwe, that’s such a shame to read.
Especially to the point of unfollowing him.
:-?

Now, don’t get upset by what I am about to write as it’s not meant in an offensive manner, even though it may read as such.

I recall a few of the posts and responses to fans he has made about Kingdom of Madness/Savage Poetry but mostly Kingdom of Madness.
Even the post where he used the term ‘shit’ or was it ‘shitty’ in regards to the production, lyrics and sound?
What was written, was simply his opinion.
The problem with text is that everyone is left to their own level of interpretation and offense.
Me personally, I found it enjoyable, refreshing and funny.
I saw no offense at all, as it was his opinion about his own work.
I was grateful of his honesty, and any artist’s honesty regarding their work over the years.
He wasn’t accusing others of being shit or having shit taste for liking it.
I’m actually with T on this one and any other artist out there critiquing their back catalogue.
According to some fans, the poor guy isn’t even allowed to have a preference of his own music without offending someone.
As people, if we know better, we do better.
Only an individual gets to decide what is or isn’t better according to them.
Same with being an artist.
He is the artist that was there for every moment of those albums, from an idea to full release and everything before, during and after.
A whole lifetime has happened between the release of Edguy’s/Avantasia’s early albums and where he is creatively these days.
Tobi back then is nowhere near the same Tobi he is today.
Not as a person.
Not as an artist.
Not to mention the option of resources/network/connections for recording/producing albums these days as opposed to back then.
From what I understood, he IS proud of what he has done but he just prefers the sound now and wouldn’t even consider revisiting or repeating that older style or sound.
He wasn’t shitting on his own creations.
He even agreed that there were good songs and such but it’s not where he is now.
He was just giving a preference, in a very relaxed manner, where he used the word ‘shit/shitty’.
Don't take it so personally.
He is entitled to his opinion, as you are yours but that doesn’t make him obnoxious, just different to you and your expectation of how you think he should be.
It simply makes him human.
Peace!
:wink:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 29 Mar 2018 09:56

Jarhara wrote:
One of my friends showed me this amazing graveyard that overlooks the fields all the way to the river and the train tracks on the other side of the River. Very pretty and the perfect place for watching the sun set.

My grandparents are buried by a small lake.
It is so beautiful and calm.
Not to mention the pure energy from the water.
:pinkgrin: <3

Jarhara wrote:So yeahr, I'm just not compatible with music instruments

Don't worry.
I had a natural ability for music and played numerous instruments but i still didn't have the level of talent or passion/drive that the likes of true artists have.
I am always in awe of those artists that are pure music.
They even look different.
Walk different.
Stand and talk different.
Their cells must be shaped like little crotchets and quavers!!!
:lol: :P

Jarhara wrote:But Tobi talking bad about his old work? Not that I've ever seen it on Facebook. Most posts I get from him are the exact opposite, celebrating the anniversary of every album, single and video and talking about how much he still loves them.

It's not that he speaks bad about it.
He merely gives his opinion on albums/songs past and sometimes he gets attacked for giving an honest opinion.
I love his super cheeky responses, he surely knows how to stir the pot, and i find it fun.
I wish more artists weren't immune to admitting there was room for improvement on things.
I love, that as fans, we have a way to communicate with him and that he, on occasion, uses it to respond!
:pinkhappy:
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby Muppet » 29 Mar 2018 10:00

vasi.lichtenberg wrote:and I think it's good that we live in 21 century when everyone have Internet and when people from difference countries can talk like now. :toast Oh, and yes, I'm sorry for my English, I think it's terrible :lol:

I agree.
The internet is wonderful for connecting people and staying connected.
And your English is fine.
:)
Muppet
SavageDiety
SavageDiety

Postby vasi.lichtenberg » 29 Mar 2018 16:47

Thanks;)

By the way, if you are interested, today is release of my EP "Dreamland"! You can find it on Bandcamp, Soundcloud, YouTube and Facebook. My band's name is Caesarius :D
I'm not suree that you will like it, but if you will - let me know your opinion, it will be a big pleasure for me and my band :hug
With love,
Vasi Lichtenberg
vasi.lichtenberg
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Master of Babylon » 29 Mar 2018 17:17

You're right Muppet, I take it too personal :D Maybe his old albums are too dear to me. :T
It's Tobi, not Toby
Master of Babylon
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby Master of Babylon » 29 Mar 2018 17:21

vasi.lichtenberg wrote:Thanks;)

By the way, if you are interested, today is release of my EP "Dreamland"! You can find it on Bandcamp, Soundcloud, YouTube and Facebook. My band's name is Caesarius :D
I'm not suree that you will like it, but if you will - let me know your opinion, it will be a big pleasure for me and my band :hug

It sounds quite good - the production is far better than other demo stuff. Edguy's demo stuff didn't sound this good :D
The songs aren't too bad either! I am indifferent about the vocals, they need a bit of work and polishing. I guess your recording and/or mixing makes them sound a bit worse. I like the fast-paced nature of the songs. I hope you guys put out a real, well-mixed album soon.

Oh, and by the way: 7 Euro is a LOT for 4 songs of this quality. I know more famous (in the underground scene I guess) bands who give their songs for free on bandcamp. I can't imagine anyone really paying this. You should really make it 0€, you would be surprised how many people will be willing to give an amount that is not 0, for example 5 just because they want to support you. This is kind of reverse psychology.
It's Tobi, not Toby
Master of Babylon
SavageTyrant
SavageTyrant

Postby vasi.lichtenberg » 05 Apr 2018 16:42

Aww thank you! :hug :sweatdrop:

By the way thanks for an advice! I changed the price right now. I'm not good in prices yet, so thank you for this advice! :D

By the way now we are on Яндекс Музыка, Amazon, Saavn, Deezer, Zvooq and Google Play, we used FreshTunes to add songs on these platforms for free. That's awesome! :cheer

Besides Caesarius: I'm going to see Helloween live in Moscow this Saturday! And what about you? Do you like Helloween? Did you saw Pumpkins United?
With love,
Vasi Lichtenberg
vasi.lichtenberg
SavageNewbie
SavageNewbie

Postby Jarhara » 06 Apr 2018 08:56

I have a few Helloween vinlys here and i would have loved to see Pumpkins United but the tour kinda went past me without me noticing. But i wouldn't have been able to affored it anyways, I heard the Tickets where around 80€ and thats just too much since I've alread spent 60€ just on concert tickts this year... and i should realy be saving my money for other things but I jaust can't resist
Jarhara
SavageDisciple
SavageDisciple

Next

Return to Savage Introductions!

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts